• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Locked out... of my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah... i closed my door today and didn't notice that someone (maybe me) had pu it to lock when closed. Problem is... I don't have the key to unlock it. I was never given one out when I moved in and I never asked for it since I've never had to use it.

So here I am waiting for Monday so I can speak to the Resident Manager (today is his day off) and I have nothing but shorts and a wife beater or, so basically I'm stuck.. I can't go out, I can't get into my room. Ah well, I guess it's gaming all day till tomorrow, at least I have food in the fridge LOL.

BuddyC

You may be able to pick it, depending on the complexity of the lock. Since it sounds like you just accidently locked the door to your rom, not your house/apartment, the lock should be rather simple. If it's anything like the locks on the interior doors at my house, a small flat-head screw driver will suffice. Course, the "keys" are the same thing, really...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Get yourself some thieves tools, or a plastic card. If all else fails, just kick it down :)

GG-Duo

try a laminated Blockbuster card
that's how we used to get into the pool room in our church

careful about those gnome zombies, though. if you choose Lockpicking, your other skillpoints will be decreased.

I"ve already considered taking the door down but as fun as it'd be... I know they'd make me pay for it, also the lock side is metal framed so I'm not sure how easy it'd be to pick it with a knife... might try to pick the lock, if I just knew how.

BlackMage

Banned
039_12800.jpg

Drexon

Banned
Is it the kind of lock that locks with a jagged key? In that case you should just try to use one of your neighbours keys and use the 'rasping' lock picking technique. :) I've used this to (all the time) unlock a certain wash room that's closer to my apartment than my assigned one. Anyways, take the key, turn it, keep applying force to the turn, and fuck the lock. Yes that's it, fuck it.. real hard. :p Just keep applying force to the turn and push the key in and out. It won't sound pretty, but as I said, it could work. Work great on simple locker room pad locks btw.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Have you tried contacting that Solid Snake guy? Apparently he can espionage into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom