• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech G29 for PS4?

Dave_6

I like the look of it. I wonder if it's belt driven?

Why wouldn't the one wheel work for PS4 and Xbone?

labaronx

Gt29 check
Project morpheus check
Grand turismo 7....

I wonder if this is scheduled to be revealed during e3... is there a designated day for hardware or 3rd party add ons

oRuin

God damn, was about to buy a T300RS. Dunno what to do now, guess I'll wait for reviews of this.

I had a G27 for a couple of weeks. Turned out it was just a little bit too much for me. Two pedals and a sequential gear box are more than enough for me :).

There are already a couple of expensive PS4 wheels out there. What I am still looking for is a worthy / affordable DFGT succesor in the 100-150 price zone...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yes they did.

New owner decided to return into gaming as a core after bad results made by 2012 refocus.

This is the start.

Finally unveield, they really made a great job with keeping it under wraps. This is 100% production unit IMO

tdkizj.gif

Bluforce

I had a G27 for a couple of weeks. Turned out it was just a little bit too much for me. Two pedals and a sequential gear box are more than enough for me :).

There are already a couple of expensive PS4 wheels out there. What I am still looking for is a worthy / affordable DFGT succesor in the 100-150 price zone...
Thrustmaster T100?

Meanwhile I'll cleaned up my G25. What a beauty <3. If PS4 will never support it, I'll become a PC gamer for sure. :D

finbaek

Banned
I remember the feel of the brand new DFGT back in the day (1st patch) in GT5 Prologue which still works btw.
Today I'm waiting for my replacement T300RS (my first one let me down).

I want to steer with that G29 !! In GT7!!

BANDERAS.GIF

So that Logitech email on GTPlanet was true?

It was something like "working on G27 and later model support for PS4"

Gran Turismo Sport wheel, Amar?

Saroyan

I think this is too late for me, I already bought a Thrustmaster TX setup with a wheelstand for Forza on Xbone, and I was planning on buying a T300 for GT7 and just swapping the wheel base when I change systems. I figured it was the best way to go since Logitech was apparently out of the game.

I've also been planning to buy the upgraded shifter and pedals for the TX so that would be even more reason to stick with Thrustmaster. Too bad since the wheel looks pretty nice and it would have been nice to have a wheel with PS3 compatibilty. I might still hold off on buying any more wheel stuff until the price on this new Logitech is known and make a decision then.

Yes they did.

New owner decided to return into gaming as a core after bad results made by 2012 refocus.

This is the start.

Finally unveield, they really made a great job with keeping it under wraps. This is 100% production unit IMO

Would you think the older wheels G25/27 will not get PS4 support?

murgo

This is great! Dirt Rally really made me think about buying a wheel in the near future. PS4 and PC support is awesome!

Krejlooc

Banned
The driving force gt sucked, what a super loud wheel. I use my g27 in project cars on my pc, its my preferred wheel. I would use it in driveclub if I could.

ps3ud0

I guess the real question is what FFB tech do they use which would give us an indication about direct G25/G27 support. At least Logitech being active in this area gives us some small hope regards legacy support on the PS4...

ps3ud0 8)

Nerix

Hope that means the DFGT will get PS4 support as well. I don't need a new wheel, just give me backwards compatability...

amar212

I guess the real question is what FFB tech do they use which would give us an indication about direct G25/G27 support. At least Logitech being active in this area gives us some small hope regards legacy support on the PS4...

ps3ud0 8)

Nothing prevents them to use TouchSense, as all previous models.

LogiTechG29.png

There is Russian customs paper leaks and AFAIK they're pretty real (i've worked with them in my line of work).

The wheel looks nice by the way. Great middle ground between G25 and DF GT. Now we need to know about prices and list of sets. Will it be base and shifter with pedal for additional money? Or it will be full package like G25/27? Will G25/27 pedals and shifters be compatable with the new wheel?

Questions-questions. Anyway i'm glad that Logitech is back on track.

hesido

I'm willing to pay actual money for an official dongle, but I'm not going to buy a new wheel. DO IT LOGITECH, if you want my money.

Tobor

I don't have a wheel yet, so I hope the rumor is true. I'll buy the G29 for sure.

Does anyone know if a wheel would work when driving in GTA V for PS4?

So should i buy a G27 at $200 or wait to see what price and improvements, if any the G29 makes. I am mostly a pc gamer, but i do have a PS4 for exclusive.

Right now i am leaning toward the G27, since the G29 will likely be several hundred dollars more expensive.

The lack of a stick is interesting. Both the G25 and G27 came with a stick. They may just realize that sticks are more of a hardcore sim fan thing at this point since more and more real world cars use paddles. So they know that those fans will pay extra for that stick, which could allow Logitech to push the wheel out at a price that more people might bite on. Of course they could go the Thrustmaster route as well, but that's a very high entry barrier.

The lack of a stick is interesting. Both the G25 and G27 came with a stick. They may just realize that sticks are more of a hardcore sim fan thing at this point since more and more real world cars use paddles. So they know that those fans will pay extra for that stick, which could allow Logitech to push the wheel out at a price that more people might bite on. Of course they could go the Thrustmaster route as well, but that's a very high entry barrier.
I'd hope that a separate stick was of a better quality, albeit at a higher price. Would be interesting to see whether they make it a separate USB device that can work with any wheel (on PC at least).

Jomjom

Banned
I hope this has the sequential shifter switch. If so I'll upgrade from my G25. I need it for Initial D on my PS3!

But I also need my H shifter since I only drive my old 04 G35 in games. We don't have no stinking paddles!

I'd hope that a separate stick was of a better quality, albeit at a higher price. Would be interesting to see whether they make it a separate USB device that can work with any wheel (on PC at least).

The G25/7's sticks are still pretty decent. Obviously not as good as the Thrustmaster stick, but that costs as much as a DFGT. :p

Gran Turismo is pretty heavily connected to Logitech wheels, so hopefully this is an indication that an announcement for GT7 (or Sport) isn't too far away.

Korezo

Why would it have playstation buttons? Unless it's another logitech product that was made together with polyphony for a nee Gran Turismo game. If not, the wheel is probably fake.

Top Bottom