• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw is making a comeback

Star-Lord

The cult favourite action game Lollipop Chainsaw is “back”, according to one of its former publishers.

Yoshimi Yasuda was previously the CEO of Kadokawa Games, which published Grasshopper Manufacture titles Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead in Japan. He was also executive producer on both titles.

Last month it was announced that Yasuda would be leaving Kadokawa and would be establishing a new company called Dragami Games, and it appears that Lollipop Chainsaw will be one of the new company’s first titles.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...w-is-back-its-former-publisher-has-announced/

I never did play the original, so I'd love the chance to play it in 1080p60 and see what the fuss is about.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
excellent GIF

Just make Nigri the mocap girl and face model and we're good to go. Yes. Make it happen.

Remake or sequel? I would love to see a sequel, but with the low amount of hardcore character action games we have, I’ll even take a remake.

Last edited:
Yea I can't see this being published in current day.
The game was written by James Gunn, who triumphed over cancel culture. It'll be fine.

Just slap a trigger warning at the beginning of the game that says it was made in a time where people didn't have the thinnest of skin.

ManaByte

Not sure why people are concerned it couldn't be published today.

It's a game about a girl who takes on hoards of zombies, to save her boyfriend, all the while dressed in a way that she feels most comfortable.

That basically screams feminism.
Because one platform holder changes girls in bikinis to bunnies.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

To all the people concerned about content being cut because of, let's face it, the over-bearing prudishness of today's society, should we also be concerned that certain content will be cut from The Last Of Us Part 1?

Bought the original day 1, will do the same with this if it's done "right", keep it true to Suda's vision and we're good to go.

EDIT: also, the game is filled with glitter and rainbows, the woke crowd should *love* it 👌

Last edited:
I have Lollipop Chainsaw still in the shrinkwrap. Haven't got around to playing it. Mainly bought it cause I like qwerky titles and due to the person on my avatar . . .

I don't understand the obsession with fake tits-Niri.
Because one platform holder changes girls in bikinis to bunnies.

I want to attempt to guess this one... Sony?

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...w-is-back-its-former-publisher-has-announced/

I never did play the original, so I'd love the chance to play it in 1080p60 and see what the fuss is about.
You can play this on RPCS3 at 4k 60fps. It's pretty damned good.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are concerned it couldn't be published today.

It's a game about a girl who takes on hoards of zombies, to save her boyfriend, all the while dressed in a way that she feels most comfortable.

That basically screams feminism.

There's a handful of "R-bombs" in the game. I personally don't give a shit because it's a product of it's time, but you know how society is.

Pejo

Add me to the group that believes this is going to get absolutely butchered. Not sure why you would bother re-releasing this in 2022 with the current social climate.

We'll see though, I guess.

Top Bottom