• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Yohan Blake is at the England vs South Africa test match (Cricket)

He claims he is a better cricketer than a runner.

He wants 20/20 in the Olympics so he can compete for Jamacia lols

Chili

Yohan Blake is at the England vs South Africa test match (Cricket)

He claims he is a better cricketer than a runner.

He wants 20/20 in the Olympics so he can compete for Jamacia lols

blake_1567291a.jpg

So awesome. Bolt is a huge cricket fan also. Apparently he bowls a mean swinger.

Also I can never get Paralympic tickets :( Think I used all my luck on the Olympics.

Oxx

I suppose I'm just setting myself up for failure by trying to get 4 Olympic Stadium tickets for one of the saturdays.

I suppose I'm just setting myself up for failure by trying to get 4 Olympic Stadium tickets for one of the saturdays.

You'd be surprised. Just keep alerts open, keep tabs open, follow the accounts. There's heavy caching so it might looks like there's no tickets, but once one server has spotted they are available, just load it up again and again in as many browsers as you can - they may appear, disappear and reappear, so it's work, but it's possible. Athletics seem available more than many events.

SUPREME1

Banned
All gymnasts get blisters on their hands from the bars. Even the American ones.

Like that is what is most wrong about those images. Smh.

Never have so many hijacked the achievements of so few. It's actually worse now - being a fat, stupid American - given what others in the same circumstances have shown they can do. But I'm sure that's gone over the heads of everyone who shared this image.

I'm willing to bet you've never spoke up before when people have made sweeping generalizations about Americans being stupid and fat, but yet here you are... lmao.

Fuck off.

caramac

There definitely needs to be a thread for the Paralympics, but who's up for doing it? We could also continue talking about the Olympics in there as well.

I'll put one together if no one else minds, possibly be up late tonight or at the latest sometime tomorrow.

IceCold

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01567/blake_1567291a.jpg[/IMG ]

So awesome. Bolt is a huge cricket fan also. Apparently he bowls a mean swinger.

Also I can never get Paralympic tickets :( Think I used all my luck on the Olympics.[/QUOTE]

Why are Blake's nails so long?

edit: Beaten.

numble

Like that is what is most wrong about those images. Smh.
The starting age for gymnastics training for the members of the US Women's team are all around 2-6 years of age, some trained by former Chinese coaches, others trained by former Soviet coaches (Gabby Douglas started age 6, Jordyn Wieber age 2-3, Aly Raisman age 2, Kyla Ross age 3, McKayla Maroney age 2). Gymnastics is a brutal sport, especially on the women's side. It really should be reformed to be something less crazy.

inky

The starting age for gymnastics training for the members of the US Women's team are all around 2-6 years of age, some trained by former Chinese coaches (Gabby Douglas started age 6, Jordyn Wieber age 2-3, Aly Raisman age 2, Kyla Ross age 3, McKayla Maroney age 2). Gymnastics is a brutal sport, especially on the women's side. It really should be reformed to be something less crazy.

Yep. Ballet training is almost as crazy. Maybe pictures of kids in other parts of the world are not as gritty as they look there, but it's not fun and games either, at least for high level competition.

So I've got tickets to a specific session in the Olympic Park - can anyone who's been to the games give me advice on what that means? I know for a day pass there's a whole 'first come first serve to whatever' but this is for a specific event, do I still get a chance to wander round the park?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So I've got tickets to a specific session in the Olympic Park - can anyone who's been to the games give me advice on what that means? I know for a day pass there's a whole 'first come first serve to whatever' but this is for a specific event, do I still get a chance to wander round the park?

Yes. Your ticket is your entrance to the park. You walk to the entrance, show your ticket, you're in to the park to wander as you please.

You don't even have to go to the event if you don't want to.

Chili

If you do go to the event, it will have it's own ticketing entrance. If you leave that specific part of the Park you can't go back in the venue where the event is but you can still wander around the park. For the Olympics, the ticket would then be resold for a fiver which was a good way to get into otherwise sold out venues but I'm not sure how they'll work it for the Paralympics.

Ta for your help, useful stuff. Got a bit concerned when it mentioned not returning but it makes sense now.

I'm going on the last day of the games - and I think possibly the second-last event of them completely. Suppose it gives me time to sort out transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom