• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for an ARPG like LE, PoE, Diablo but without seasons/leagues

Joramun

Hi all,

As the title says.

Looking for an ARPG with no seasons/leagues.

I'm burnt out having to start from 0 level up and farm all the gear again.

Technically like WoW but without the subscription and multiplayer focus. New content but you don't have to level up from 1 again.

I love grinding dungeons and looking for gear, but I hate losing all that time and effort and starting all over again. I'm done with seasons.

Mister Wolf

header.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, LotR War in the North(you can get digital off of Gamestop and get a Steam Key that way), The Ascent, Shadows: Awakening.

You probably want Grim Dawn though if you want that Diablo/PoE experience.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. Sacred Gold.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

Hi all,

As the title says.

Looking for an ARPG with no seasons/leagues.

I'm burnt out having to start from 0 level up and farm all the gear again.

Technically like WoW but without the subscription and multiplayer focus. New content but you don't have to level up from 1 again.

I love grinding dungeons and looking for gear, but I hate losing all that time and effort and starting all over again. I'm done with seasons.

Edit: Wait, you want no multiplayer focus. Nevermind my posting.

Last edited:

Joramun

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Time to do some research.

I've played Torchlight and I'm not a fan of the cartoony look unfortunately.

Sojiro

Oddly enough T2 never clicked for me and I loved the first game.
I actually didn't play much of the first one, so I can't compare lol, but from my understanding it's a lot like the OG Diablo, where its a single dungeon you slowly decend into. I probably would like it if I tried it out.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Final fantasy 14 free trial now includes the base game "a realm reborn" + heavensward expansion, + stormblood expansion and you can play all the content in the base game and the expansions forever and completely free.

You only start needing a subscription if you want to progress onto the later expansions.

Urban

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, LotR War in the North(you can get digital off of Gamestop and get a Steam Key that way), The Ascent, Shadows: Awakening.

You probably want Grim Dawn though if you want that Diablo/PoE experience.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. Sacred Gold.
Baldurs Gate DA 1&2 were soo good! Damn i forgot about those games. Thx for reminding me

Ar¢tos

Final fantasy 14 free trial now includes the base game "a realm reborn" + heavensward expansion, + stormblood expansion and you can play all the content in the base game and the expansions forever and completely free.

You only start needing a subscription if you want to progress onto the later expansions.
Ff14 is needlessly complex. Even the easiest class to play (healer) has a ton of useless added complications just to keep the gameplay flowing.
All the different phases, tokens, synergies, etc make it way more complex than it needs to be.
I don't think it can be compared to Diablo, Torchlight, etc.

acidagfc

Path of Exile is the best of them, really.
Just play Standard if you don't want to restart in seasons.
Also, PoE2 beta comes some time in the summer and by all accounts it should be a banger.

There is also Last Epoch releasing 1.0 in late February. Same deal, there will be seasons, but also an eternal realm with no restarts. It's a pretty good game, I played a few betas back and it's fun.
It can also be played offline, which is definitely an advantage over PoE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom