• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for VR games on Steam. Need suggestions.

//DEVIL//

Recently my friend sold me his Vive for 200$ and I have to say I have been enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Games I currently own are
- Raw Data
- Beat Saber
- Robinson The journey
- Adrift
- Rez Infinite
- Thumper
- Holopoint
- Redout

What I am interested in is the following:
1- a game with good graphics
2- Not a horror game

I love games with real immersive experience. something I can spend a long time playing. like the games above.

I watched a video of superhot.. and honestly I didn't play it but I wonder why people even like it. Doesn't look allot of fun but if people here insist on it then I will buy it since its on sale right now anyway

Also, I would like to know if there is a browser I can use while I am in VR. like an app I can run from steam and it will load the browser for me.

llaannccee

If you want a great puzzler with a fantastic atmosphere give the Talos Principle a try. It's a bit like portal and if you go gold star hunting it will take 50+ hours.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I think SUPERHOT VR is one of those titles that doesn't look good but actually plays fun. It has a unique mechanics where things move only when you move, so you'll be dodging slow mo bullets like Neo like Matrix. If it sucks you can simply refund it.

Also check out GORN VR. Its secretly one of the best VR games on PC, where you will be fighting gladiator in an arena. Lots of weapons, comedic movement, and its fun to play too, and the best part is you can tear those gladiators apart literally. Just be careful of your play area, a LOT of people have destroyed their furniture as they were too engrossed moving around and punching hard at those virtual opponents.

Also check out Sairento VR. There are 2 seperated bundle for this game with some other 3rd party games:
(Sairento & A-Tech Cybernetic)
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7276/VR_Cybernetic_Slayer_Bundle/

(Sairento & To The Top)
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7662/Ninja_Parkour_VR_Bundle/

PSVR owners has been hyping up games like Batman Arkham VR too. Its a 1 to 2 hours experience where you suit up as Batman. Archangel Hellfire, Apex Construct, Skyworld, Knockout League, Karnage Chronicles (a high fantasy RPG), The Mage's Tale (where you play as a mage who can conjure various spells), Moss VR (the best PSVR game ever) are recommended too. Budget Cuts is a fun stealth game with like 8 hours of gameplay. Job Simulator has been rather popular too (its one of if not the top selling PSVR game).

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Hello good sir.

I have served in VR dev for the last few years now. Been elbow deep in it. Here are what I consider must-haves...

Superhot VR - Smart, sharp and a workout. Make sure you have space for dodging and ducking.
Gorn VR - Great silly fun.
Knockout League - Mike Tyson's Punch Out in VR. Expect to be exhausted.
FORM - The Room style puzzles in VR, in a Sci Fi landscape. I adore it. Visually beautiful as well.

Notables :
Valve's VR Room - The bow and arrow mini game is fun.
Rick and Morty is fun if you like the show, but objects on the floor can be annoying to pick up (unless they fixed it).

Good pics above too. I made some deliberate repeats to give those particular pieces a solid attention arrow.

DocEbok

Super hot
Pavlov Vr
The Mage's tale
Skyrim Vr with mods
Serious Sam games/Talos Principle
Xing The land beyond
The gallery Ep 1 and 2
Budget Cuts
Moss
Gunheart
Invisible hours

Plenty more if you Revive through oculus like Lone echo :D

Larxia

Maybe Elite Dangerous?
I don't have a VR headset and never tried it in VR, but I did play the game for hundreds of hours and even without VR it's one of the most immersive game I've ever played, and I heard a lot of praise of it in VR being one of the best VR games, and I can definitely imagine why.
I'd love to try it in VR one day.

Dontero

Banned
Fallout 4 VR
Serious Sam
Talos Principle
Thumper
Payday 2

Ignore pretty much everything else from steam.

Then buy VorpX and play:
- GTA5 in VR
- Dragon's Dogma in VR
- Fallout: New Vegas in VR

Those are the only full games available on PC in VR, rest are just max 3-4 hours experiences and small games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom