• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord Psyduck's SCEJ TGS Press Conference Thread [Over]

Smellycat

So.... what happened??? The stream never loaded for me.

Did Sony seriously spend 1 hour and 40 minutes just talking and not showing anything?? WTF

It is a good thing I tuned it towards the end of the conference.

Trevelyon

No overtures or the slightest of indications to the MH4 project on Vita at all, sounds like Nintendo wrapped up Monster Hunter again, Tri style.

StuBurns

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Hardly, they have to pitch the features of the device, they announced a crap tone of games for it already anyway.
We shall have to agree to disagree. I can't believe how poor it was.

graywolf323

lobdale said:
So let's see here. Vita:
- is 2x as expensive as the competition
- requires payment for 3G service which doesn't even work in most subways/trains
- does not support UMDs so kills the used game market for it in Japan
- 's best games are also available on the PS3
- has no Monster Hunter

BUT at least we can use the second analog stick to update our Twitter

NICE WORK SONY

Sony is doing better than your attempt at spinning this

DidntKnowJack said:
Not that you're focusing on the negative.

Some of you guys. Jesus.

it's sad really, from some of these comments you'd think Sony announced nothing instead of having two launch titles from Square-Enix plus FFX HD remake for PS3 and Vita plus all the Kojima stuff

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Luigi87 said:
I rate this conference FF10 out of 10.

...Which is really a 1/10, because that's one good announcement.
It's a fucking port... like everything else... I think Sony is the only company doing original Vita games, and that's just sad...

Duxxy3

It does seem like most of the better games are available on a PS3, which i already own.

Kinda disappointed.

edit: there was still a lot more games that had international appeal as compared to last nights conference

DidntKnowJack said:
Not that you're focusing on the negative.

Some of you guys. Jesus.

6NO1r.gif

Slime

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
The conference was terrible

But

There's a lot of games I want for Vita and it will be a day one purchase

Can't believe they didn't mention MH though, it was even in the sizzler at the beginning!

That was just a PSP game running on Vita.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
C-Jo said:
Announcing it for PS3 as well makes it completely worthless to me on Vita. That goes for every other PS3/Vita game announced.

Unless they're giving away free Vita copies with every PS3 copy purchased, I just don't get it.
I would personally love to take FFX everywhere I go to play, to be honest. So a Vita version is great for me.

Localize it and bring the International version and I'll call it a deal.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just woke up. LOL I love reading your comments recapping it. So nothing but Vita stuff then and a boring conference?

Well, I'm tired and I've been called juvenile, conference thread successful.

Thank god this wasn't how they introduced the Vita or it'd be off my radar.

Hoping for some more actual game impressions soon.

Vita was a chance for Japan to enter next gen proper. Instead there are down and up ports. At least announcements of games would have been good, but nothing really.

Japan is stuck on PS2-level hardware

hopefully Vita is at least as good as the PSP was

_Isaac

I can't tell if the Pearl Harbor reactions are reacting to the fact that he compared it to the attacks or that there's no way the conference can be worse than the movie.

Busaiku

yurinka said:
No, I think it will be multiplatform. But Sony didn't showed it in their conference because they loosed the exclusive and prefers to show exclusive stuff only here.
Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Metal Gear Solid/Zone of the Enders are not exclusives.

Terrible, terrible conference of HDmakes, ports and video streaming service. Oh yes, and 20 seconds of gameplay. At least I know now how to set up my 3G network on that thing.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
StuBurns said:
We shall have to agree to disagree. I can't believe how poor it was.

It was boring I agree but they did say they was going to be concentrating on the features of the system @ tgs a while back, this isn't just a games device, I'm glad I got to see more of the interface and features at least.

Lesiroth

BlazingDarkness said:
The conference was terrible

But

There's a lot of games I want for Vita and it will be a day one purchase

Can't believe they didn't mention MH though, it was even in the sizzler at the beginning!
It was? Which version?

I still have no idea what they;re gonna talk about for their vita keynote, seems like the content for this press con is exacatly what the keynote is promising. are they going to just repeat what they've said here for the keynote?

Bento

BobTheFork said:
This is pretty much how TGS goes *shrugs*. People always seems to expect something more akin to a US games convention.
But Nintendo at least managed to show some new games :I

What the hell at their fast forwarding of all their launch games, what the hell? Do they seriously think they're going to pull anyone away from the smartphones with these apps and video services? Fucking nonsense. They should have given the spotlight instead to the games that are supposed to carry this thing at launch >:I

Basch

FFX was all I needed. kthxbye

P.S. This was by far the worst conference I've ever seen. Haven't seen 2009/2010 Ubi, though. So take that as you will.

Top Bottom