• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

coriander

Banned
hey la dudes I'm plannIng in hitting up LA about 3 months from now. I was wondering what's a good place to take a pretty lady out to eat. somewhere classy but not too expensive.

qMucV.png

I feel like we need a subtitle...

The City of Angels
or: "The City of Angles" to play on Gaf's love of bad grammar in titles
The Entertainment Capital of the World
etc.

Compared to the #19 at Langers? Nope.

But can't go wrong with the gravy fries. :)
I need to go to Langers one of these days.
qMucV.png

I feel like we need a subtitle...

The City of Angels
or: "The City of Angles" to play on Gaf's love of bad grammar in titles
The Entertainment Capital of the World
etc.
Just steal the NY's one.
It's the truth and it'll annoy those arrogant fools.
We are too cool for arrogance.

I remember one day having to go from the 10, to the 15, back to the 10, to the 710, to the 91, to the 110, to the 5, to the 134, to the 101. It was like the worst day ever.

My suggestion for the title "Los Angeles |OT| Whatever dude"

Los Angeles |OT| We'll ignore your request for restaurant recommendations

Honestly if you look through the thread you'll see plenty of recommendations based on food types. It's kind of difficult to just say places without knowing what kind of food/price you want because there are so many places here. Not to mention the city is so large, who knows which parts you'll be in... Yelp.com is probably your best bet.

wha?? how?

I recommend: "Los Angeles |OT| Come for the Women, Sand, Sun and Food. Stay, because you're probably stuck in traffic anyway."

Live in los feliz, work just east of beverly. Only been on the 5 and 134. Otherwise I can get everywhere else I wanna go.

Today was my first beach visit. So now we can add the 10 to that list.

Zyzyxxz

I like this place. It's classy, has good food, and is moderately priced. You can share a pizza and maybe two appetizers for around $40ish. Plus lots of dessert choices at the inhouse bakery.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bottega-louie-los-angeles

Food is decent to good but atmosphere is too hectic, tall ass ceiling = super noisy so not exactly date friendly IMO.

Though an exact per person price budget would give a better recommendation.

hey la dudes I'm plannIng in hitting up LA about 3 months from now. I was wondering what's a good place to take a pretty lady out to eat. somewhere classy but not too expensive.

Primitivo- Venice. Make sure to get the bacon wrapped dates and braised chipotle short ribs. The only thing on the menu that I suggest to avoid is the steak and frittes.

This is why I don't drive.

also i'm scared of the highway

seriously, i freak out whenever i try to go on it

i was in a bad triple-car accident on highway 17 in santa cruz once

Anyone here use Thrillist? I browse but I don't really to any of the events but that is mainly because my friends don't want to go.

Same here, I tried to subscribe to it before but it just never found the right people to go with

The High-Flying Lucha Libre Burlesque Show sounds like a blast by my friends have girlfriends. I assume they're going to be busy around Single Awareness Day

Top Bottom