• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Lost" Franchise You'd Like to See on Wii???

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
jarosh said:
holy shit yes dude

664166.jpg

lolo-2.gif

the streak continues

jarosh

one of my favorite nes games... plus i had nightmares from it. being paralyzed and shot was one of the most terrifying things ever.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
jarosh said:
one of my favorite nes games... plus i had nightmares from it. being paralyzed and shot was one of the most terrifying things ever.

for a puzzle game, there were some pretty terrifying moments. grabbing the last heart and having five dormant skulls suddenly spring to life, chomping their jaws to consume your blue squishiness? that's beauty.

seriously. they need an update on ds with a level editor and wifi support for download to the flash memory. unlimited fan-created lolo ftw

Obviously as a StarTropics fan I would love to see a revival, but as someone noted it was only released in North America and Europe. As I've said before you can tell what Nintendo thinks of it by the fact that it hasn't even shown up as a trophy in Smash Bros. I'd much rather see NST tackle a StarTropics revival than Project Hammer but it's about 200 percent less likely than a Kid Icarus game, which isn't likely in the first place.

On a similar topic, I think one of Nintendo's (especially EAD) weaknesses in the last 10 years or so is a lack of action/adventure/platform games that are not Mario/Zelda (or even Metroid/Kirby). People want StarTropics, Kid Icarus, or something new so much because they want to see a new 3D action/adventure/platformer from Nintendo at some point. So far for Wii from EAD on this front we're seeing Zelda and Mario again, at some point I hope they do Kid Icarus or create a new action/adventure franchise.

jarosh

beelzebozo said:
for a puzzle game, there were some pretty terrifying moments. grabbing the last heart and having five dormant skulls suddenly spring to life, chomping their jaws to consume your blue squishiness? that's beauty.
oh the memories

beelzebozo said:
seriously. they need an update on ds with a level editor and wifi support for download to the flash memory. unlimited fan-created lolo ftw
great idea. but i guess it would make more sense on the ds.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
GitarooMan said:
Obviously as a StarTropics fan I would love to see a revival, but as someone noted it was only released in North America and Europe. As I've said before you can tell what Nintendo thinks of it by the fact that it hasn't even shown up as a trophy in Smash Bros. I'd much rather see NST tackle a StarTropics revival than Project Hammer but it's about 200 percent less likely than a Kid Icarus game, which isn't likely in the first place.

On a similar topic, I think one of Nintendo's (especially EAD) weaknesses in the last 10 years or so is a lack of action/adventure/platform games that are not Mario/Zelda (or even Metroid/Kirby). People want StarTropics, Kid Icarus, or something new so much because they want to see a new 3D action/adventure/platformer from Nintendo at some point. So far for Wii from EAD on this front we're seeing Zelda and Mario again, at some point I hope they do Kid Icarus or create a new action/adventure franchise.

yeah, i can get behind a new kid icarus. sort of like god of war, but not as repetitive, and wanting less to be a heavy metal album.

Ranger X

beelzebozo said:

level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor
level editor level editor level editor

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! what are you doing HAL???? PLEASE GIMME

I was just replaying Lolo2 yesterday -- it's awesome.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Ohhhhhhh yes! Bionic Commando! That game needs a sequel so bad. I mean, I guess there was one on GBC, but gimmie a new console version/DS version. I enjoyed the fact that the guy in Lost Planet has a grappling hook, but it's just not the same/as fun as BC. Strider, Legendary Wings and Contra are other ones I'd like to see revisited.

As for Nintendo, I'd among the many who'd like to see new Star Tropics, Kid Icarus and Punch-Out! (Who doesn't think "boxing" with two Wiimotes would be awesome?) But also games like Balloon Fight and Ice Climbers, which are pretty simple, but could be great, fun re-imagined games, maybe something in the vein of Wii-Sports --stuff that's basic and Nintendo could even release over the VC. I'm also hoping that the rumors of a new Pilotwings are true.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Oh man, how could I forget Faxanadu?!? I loved that game! I never finished it though, so I'm looking forward to playing it on VC.

I'd dig seeing a new Ikari Warriors too. I must've pestered my parents to death to get me that for Xmas.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
beelzebozo said:
drop it. metroid prime rules.
play fusion and zero mission, and pray for metroid dread.

wanting metroid to go back to its 2D roots is like requesting the same from mario on wii. not happening. acceptance.

I didn't say anything about Metroid going back to 2D on a console; I know that will never happen.

I just said I want Metroid, NOT a FPS. :p

I forgot Mach Rider. Reborn as a futuristic, gritty, Burnout-style racer with Outrun 2 length races, and some Road Rash gameplay thrown in for good measure.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Lyte Edge said:
I didn't say anything about Metroid going back to 2D on a console; I know that will never happen.

I just said I want Metroid, NOT a FPS. :p

oh, you want metroid?

you should give metroid prime 1&2 a shot then. i do love a good adventure game.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The best game on my PSP:
664166.jpg

Also, I dont know if this is can really be considered a lost franchise yet or not buuuuuuuuut:
psi-ops-box_150.jpg

Imagine how fun the psychic powers would be with the Wii-mote!

Actraiser
and Star Tropics

Two of my absolute favorite games when I was coming up that have been completely passed over for faaaaar too long. Sucks that most likely neither one of them will ever be revived, oh well.

mug

Pretty much the lost Sega titles out there. Panzer Dragoon (Saga hopefully), Shenmue 3, Virtua Cop, etc.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Another that will never be revived but should is Karnov. I remember loving the game even though it was mega-hard, there were some cool enemies and gadgets. I took turns playing through it with my brother & when we finally beat it and all the ending was was "CONGRATULATIONS!" on a black screen, boy were we pissed !

Top Bottom