• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Smash Bros. Brawl Information from Famitsu

Firestorm

Source: http://www.brawlcentral.com
They say it's from Famitsu but I still see no Famitsu topic here for other stuff?

The rest of this post is copy+pasted:

35ivogm.jpg
nqraiq.jpg
2dhfz84.jpg
169eyqe.jpg

# Final Destination is now 100% completely confirmed.
# The ordering for character weight that was shown a few days ago lists the percentages that it takes to KO that character with Mario's Side Smash from the center of Final Destination.
# Wall Clinging is confirmed.
# Mario can be KO'd at 17% by a fully charged side smash from King Dedede. So from the characters we know, Dedede's fully charged Side Smash is the most powerful move in the game.
# The Pokemon Trainer's pokemon all get fatigued at about 2 minutes, even if you dont move them. They all show visible signs of fatigue: Charizard lowers his head and wings. Squirtle drops his front hands to the ground. Ivysaur's bulb withers.
# The Famitsu magazine confirms the starting roster is the 23 characters on the Dojo. (minus Snake and Sonic, and including Zero Suit Samus and Sheik)
# Once fatigued, a Pokemon becomes much slower.
# If you do an aerial dodge the precise moment before you are hit by an opponent, it will reverse the attack.
# The game allows you to access the rules menu directly from the character select screen.
# When Sheik attacks with certain items such as the Star Rod and Beam Sword, she swings upward twice with a single motion.
# The damage percentages were determined in training mode against a dummy CP and do not take DI in to account.
# Wario's bite can swallow and destroy items and projectiles thrown at him. Everytime he does this, he takes 6% damage.
# The magazine makes no mention of being able to start as Zero Suit Samus at the start of a match.

Here is the Character Info:
# The best three attacks listed for each character tell which attacks have the most knockback, and what percentage they can KO Mario from the center of Final Destination.
# All of the smashes listed are uncharged.

Mario
# Number of jumps: 2
# Wall Hop: Yes
# Wall Cling: No
# Gliding: No
# Crawling: No
# Weight: Normal
# Speed: Normal
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 103%
# Up Smash A: 124%
# Down Smash A: 136

Peach
# Wall Hop: No
# Weight: Light
# Speed: Slow
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 80%
# Aerial Forward A: 124%
# Side Smash A: 135%

Bowser
# Crawling: Yes
# Weight: Heavy
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 80%
# Aerial Up A: 87%
# Down B: 94%

Yoshi
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 112%
# Aerial Up A: 123%
# Down B: 123%

Wario
Best 3
# Side Smash A:105%
# Aerial Up A: 120%
# Side A: 128%

Pit
# Number of jumps: 4
# Gliding: Yes
Best 3
# Aerial Back A: 100%
# Side Smash A: 121%
# Down Smash A: 133%

DK
Best 3
# Smash Side A: 75%
# Up Smash A: 79%
# Smash Down A: 92%

Diddy Kong
# Wall Cling: Yes
# Speed: Fast
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 127%
# Down Smash A: 129%
# Aerial Forward A: 142%

Samus
Best 3
# Aerial Back A: 115%
# Side Smash A: 126%
# Down A: 131%

Zero Suit Samus
Best 3
# Side B: 111%
# Down B: 112%
# Aerial Back A: 115%

Fox
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 93%
# Side Smash A: 123%
# Aerial Back A: 125%

Link
Best 3
# Aerial Down A: 84%
# Down Smash A: 107%
# Side Smash A: 119%

Zelda
Best 3
# Arial Forward or Back A: 67% (WTF!!)
# Aerial Up A: 81%
# Side A: 104%

Shiek
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 89%
# Up B: 132%
# Side Smash A: 142%

Kirby
# Number of jumps: 5
Best 3
# Side B: 83%
# Side Smash A: 97%
# Down B: 100%

Metaknight
# Number of jumps: 5
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 111%
# Down Smash A: 112%
# Up A: 130%

King Dedede
# Number of jumps: 4
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 44% (Uff!!)
# Up A: 103%
# Up B: 104%

Lucas
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 75%
# Side Smash A: 88%
# Down Smash A: 90%

Ike
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 48%
# Down A: 86%
# Side A: 93%

Pikachu
Best 3
# Down B: 76%
# Side Smash A: 105%
# Up Smash A: 115%

Ice Climbers
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 110%
# Up Smash A: 113%
# Aerial Forward A: 129%

Olimar
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 79% (varies depending on Pikmin)
# Down Smash A: 92% (varies depending on Pikmin)
# Side Smash A: 100% (varies depending on Pikmin)

Squirtle
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 93%
# Side Smash A: 119%
# Down Smash A: 136%

Ivysuar
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 59% (Ouch!!)
# Aerial Up A: 96%
# Side Smash A: 102%

Charizard
# Number of jumps: 3
Best 3
# Side Smash A: 83%
# Side B: 98%
# Up B: 101%

Back to my thoughts:
- Meta Knight can't kill confirmed :(
- What happened to Sheik's forward-air :(
- What did they do to Ice Climbers they're so weak now holy crap :(

Every single person seems to be weaker than last time except maybe Zelda. This is % lived <i>without</i> DI. I mean, with correct DI almost everyone's gonna be living to close to 150 - 200%? o_O

Update on 26th:
More Character Move Details
I had some of this yesterday, but was unsure if it was true. Now I have it confirmed, so here it is: (remember again that these numbers are not taking DI into effect on a human player)

# Wario's Down B builds up the longer you go without using it. It reaches it's maximum potential after about 1 minutes and 50 seconds. It can KO Mario at 104%.
# Ike's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 20%
# A Gordo thrown by Dedede can KO Mario at 76%
# Dedede's fully charged Down B attack can KO Mario at 48%
# Diddy Kong's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 86%. (seems powerful considering Diddy's weak)
# Samus' fully charged Neutral B attack can KO Mario at 115% (I can't remember, but that sounds a bit nerfed)
# DK's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 42%.
# Ivysaur's fully charged Up Smash A can KO Mario at 33%.
# The magazine doesn't say anything about being able to change Pokemon in the air, but it says you cannot change while being hit. This leads me to believe that you must be on the ground and out of harm in order to switch.
# My source will be checking later today (tonight in the US) if any of the newly released Demo Stations are at any of the nearby retailers. If so, he'll tell us whatever he can about them.

Also, there's some things I'd like to point out. I noticed a few things didn't quite make sense with the charts, so I asked my source again and he confirmed that what he typed out to me was not an error:

# Kirby is listed as medium weight and Meta Knight is listed as light weight. On the list of characters in order, they are both KO'd at 91% by Mario. Why Kirby is listed as medium is unknown, but that IS what their charts said. So the final word seems: They're both the same weight, but the magazine put them into different weight classes for some reason.
# Ivysaur gets KO'd by Mario much easier than Squirtle does, yet Squirtle is listed as light, and Ivysaur as medium. This is not an error on our part, and it is in fact what what the magazine says.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wait...you can parry attacks with an air dodge? o_0

Fucking awesome.

Edit: I'm thinking of that return move from guilty gear. So, I wonder if they aerial dodge to, can they continue back and forth until someone gives out, or, is it instantaneous?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Wow...that's a lot of information.

I love Lucas' stats. His Smashes seem to be pretty powerful and, from the gameplay videos, he seems fast enough for my liking.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't know what any of this data means, however I am happy that Olimar is on the starting roster

Maybe I missed it, but what exactly is a Wall Cling? At first I was thinking it meant grapple, but Diddy Kong can do it.

As for the Ice Climbers, I hope they're not as nerfed as this makes them seem.

Wonder if Ice Climber stats are for one of them knocking people around or both. It had better be just one...because it takes way too much for them to knock people off looking at that.

Firestorm

LouieGeetoo said:
Maybe I missed it, but what exactly is a Wall Cling? At first I was thinking it meant grapple, but Diddy Kong can do it.

I'm not completely sure either. Only Diddy, Sheik, and Squirtle seem to be able to do it.

LouieGeetoo said:

I would assume something similar to Megaman X where you can just hang onto the side of the wall while slowly sliding down.

And omg Dedede... fucking powerful. o_O

Insaniac

Just FYI, on the Dojo, it talks about how Snake has Codec conversations about his opponents before hand. One of them is about Zero Suit Samus... so maybe ZSSamus can eventually be selectable?

Firestorm

Oblivion said:
That's too many characters to start out with, but eh.

Leaves 14 unlockables so not bad at all really.

bluemax said:
What is this best 3 mumbo jumbo? Is higher or lower better?

Lower % is better. It's the 3 attacks with the best knockback and what % they can kill a dummy Mario on Final Destination from the middle of the stage.

Hm, I hope they mean what % it takes to knock him off the side of the stage or something. At least that would make sense.

Formless

Insaniac said:
Just FYI, on the Dojo, it talks about how Snake has Codec conversations about his opponents before hand. One of them is about Zero Suit Samus... so maybe ZSSamus can eventually be selectable?
It's in the 1P mode that he does that most likely, so that doesn't necessarily mean ZSS can be selectable. I do hope that there's a similar way to start with ZSS though like how you could use Shiek from the getgo.

Insaniac

Firestorm said:

Lower % is better. It's the 3 attacks with the best knockback and what % they can kill a dummy Mario on Final Destination from the middle of the stage.

Hm, I hope they mean what % it takes to knock him off the side of the stage or something. At least that would make sense.

Confirmed?

Firestorm said:

I'd rather it have been

Mario
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Samus
Wario
Meta Knight
Pit

(realistically:)

Mario
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Samus
Wario
Meta Knight
Pit
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Fox McCloud
Lucas
Pokémon Trainer
Ice Climbers

I know, lack of Peach, Zelda, Bowser, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Olimar, and Ike, but wouldn't it be awesome to unlock Bowser and Dedede by "finally" beating them through the SSE? And with Peach and Zelda, unlock them by rescuing one or the other?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Firestorm said:
Zelda
Best 3
# Arial Forward or Back A: 67% (WTF!!)
# Aerial Up A: 81%
# Side A: 104%
Woo-hoo! Zelda's my main. :D

That was always my favorite KO move with Zelda, nice to see it upgraded. You have to remember that there's a very small window for max damage to hit with for that move, kinda like Captain Falcon's knee. If you miss the timing, you're not going to hit very hard.

Too bad they nerfed Peach's D-Smash so much that it's not even on the list though.

jman2050

When they talk about the air dodge 'reversing' a character's attack, do they mean Counter like Marth or literally reverse like Mario's cape? Or perhaps something else entirely?

Sounds like Ivysaur is going to be a little overpowered.

On an unrelated note when the hell are all the secret characters going to officially leak? This damn wait is killing me.

Insaniac

XiaNaphryz said:
Woo-hoo! Zelda's my main. :D

That was always my favorite KO move with Zelda, nice to see it upgraded. You have to remember that there's a very small window for max damage to hit with for that move, kinda like Captain Falcon's knee. If you miss the timing, you're not going to hit very hard.

Too bad they nerfed Peach's D-Smash so much that it's not even on the list though.

I love that they improved Zelda. Now i hope they made her special moves a little less useless.

Firestorm

jman2050 said:
When they talk about the air dodge 'reversing' a character's attack, do they mean Counter like Marth or literally reverse like Mario's cape? Or perhaps something else entirely?

I think like Counter. Or like powershielding in Melee but for all attacks and not just projectiles. Obviously this would be only in the air. Great to see Brawl expanding on the aerial game as that's what sets it apart from other fighters most imo.

Tom_Cody

Yes Yes Yes at King Dedede's side smash. As an abuser of Captain Falcon's knee, a strong smash move is my number one requirement in selecting a character. I have been waiting for him since the original smash and I cannot wait to try him out. Damn you Sakurai and your delays!

jman2050

XiaNaphryz said:

I don't claim to be an expert on Peach or anything, but I thought the big draw of her d-smash, in addition to its knockback, was that it could multihit and deal up to 50-60% damage in one attack.

EDIT - Also, HOLY crap at Zelda's kick. I have one friend who mains Zelda that's basically perfected that kick against all of us. She's gonna be ecstatic :/

Firestorm

jman2050 said:
I don't claim to be an expert on Peach or anything, but I thought the big draw of her d-smash, in addition to its knockback, was that it could multihit and deal up to 50-60% damage in one attack.

It was also that it could knock them around pretty much across the stage. Now it can't do the 60% in one attack or even kill in Sudden Death (300%).

Fireblend

Banned
Damn Lucas seems to be such an improvement from Ness in Melee; definitely gonna play with him, ever since he was announced I was sure it would be this way :lol

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Firestorm said:
Depends on your faith in Reno and MarkMan.
I've pretty much just taken it as fact.
Reno said there were 13 unlockables, and his list included:

Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar

So...?

XiaNaphryz

Firestorm said:
# The game allows you to access the rules menu directly from the character select screen.
# When Sheik attacks with certain items such as the Star Rod and Beam Sword, she swings upward twice with a single motion.
Aren't these the same as in Melee? Entering the rules menu from the char select screen, and both Sheik and Falcon handled those items the same way, along with their uppercut baseball bat swing.

Firestorm said:
It was also that it could knock them around pretty much across the stage. Now it can't do the 60% in one attack or even kill in Sudden Death (300%).
Exactly. Much too big of a nerf. :(

I guess Peach will drop as my alternate main then, I may have to go with Lucas instead.

Ashhong

Wait, so the starting roster is basically everyone from the DOJO minus Snake and Sonic? That means plenty of unlockable that he hasn't announced...nice. Means we still have a chance at Falco/n? :D

Neiteio

An uncharged Up Smash from Ivysaur can KO Mario from the center of Final Destination at only 59%.

Holy hell. I expected someone like Dedede to be strong, but Ivysaur? Ivysaur's brutal!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
DeceitDecide said:
Sounds like Ivysaur is going to be a little overpowered.

I think it'll be balance out - based on that weight ratio thingy we had leaked a few days ago, Ivysaur was the second lightest out of all the starting characters (even lighter than Squirtle!)

The lightest was Fox.

Kletian

Hrm, it takes two minutes to Fatigue a pokemon. So essetially, depending on the match, you could easily play as one Poke through the entirety of the fight.

XiaNaphryz

jman2050 said:
Also, HOLY crap at Zelda's kick. I have one friend who mains Zelda that's basically perfected that kick against all of us. She's gonna be ecstatic :/
And her Up-Smash is still pretty strong as well. :D

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

To celebrate I'll switch my avatar off of the rotation pic and stick with the SSBB ava.

webrunner

I dunno, Link seems pretty good.. not many of the main powerhouse characters have a sub-90% on their list. He's average.

Remember, %'s are generally higher this time around, discounting crazy things like DeDeDeDeath

Top Bottom