• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new Smash Bros. Brawl Information from Famitsu

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
Someone talk me out of this insanity, please. D: Tell me how nobody would buy a Japanese Wii from me even though I live in California, how I couldn't possibly manage to find a JP Wii or Brawl in stock on an online store, how JP Wiis don't work with American TVs. I don't care if all of these things are untrue. Lie to me anyway. D:

Jiggy, your post basically reads word by word exactly like the inner monologue I've had over and over for the last two weeks :O In other words: I feel your pain my friend, I feel your pain.

Here is what you do. Research if used Japanese Wiis are selling and for what price on both Ebay, and the craigslist for your area. That will be a good way to gauge what your losses would be. (You'd be spending about $400 for JPN Brawl + JPN Wii + Shipping from Play-Asia)

That, or look into modding your Wii to play the import copy of Brawl. There is a chance that Brawl will have new protection preventing it from working with modchips... but I have a feeling that this game is large scale enough to get a very large community doing everything in their power to find a work-around. This is the route I'm going, btw, so as soon as my import copy gets here I will hopefully be playing -- assuming the mod community gets it working on US Wiis :O

I will contact you and let you know if modding is the way to go in a week and tell you to do the same if so!!! Good luck my equally-Brawl-obsessed friend! (You make me feel better about my own obsession -- it's nice to know I'm not alone!!)

Top Bottom