• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Hello.
I just see everyone is on Ouro already? Uh. Okay guess I gotta find out why that is the case. Just because he claimed to be silenced and/or having a role?
I'm not sure about lynching him for that.

What I am sure of:
Darryl went nuts against Sorian/Fat D1. Was so dead-certain about them being scum. Blocked the thread with a huge blob of useless discussion. Voted for them.But jumped kitsune before the votes were over.
Then he went nuts on Muffin and me D2. Was again so dead damn certain we must be scum. Voted for us.
But again jumped the kitsune train, shortly before the vote was over.

For me that looks like he doesn't actually care about his own claims and about who is being lynched. As he voted for kitsune every time from D1 on, it looks like he knew kitsune was scum and jumped on that, so he can say "but I voted for scum".
But if you do not stand behind your dead-certain, stupid claims that looks scummy as hell to me.

I wonder what that looks like to others. Because I'm still seeing red about this person and will not engage in any discussion with him besides reading his posts. Just with literally anyone else.

Ty4on

They weren't around to know how the vote shook out

Really, you'd think given how Muffin railed against major mistakes, he'd vote kit instead of a cop out OMGUS
FEP and kitsune were leading for pretty much the entire day. They could think it was changing, but they should've picked a better wagon if they wanted to save them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
FEP and kitsune were leading for pretty much the entire day. They could think it was changing, but they should've picked a better wagon if they wanted to save them.
I think they knew my boat wasn't going down, so they went Darryl hoping that he's pissed people off enough

franconp

I wonder what that looks like to others. Because I'm still seeing red about this person and will not engage in any discussion with him besides reading his posts. Just with literally anyone else.

This is bullshit. This is a game of discussion. If you can't discuss with a player then what's the point of keeping you in the game?

Natiko

Banned
It's really more of an organic planning process. I didn't know there was a roleblocker but I mentioned it to kitty after Czar and Sketch never mentioned anything on D2, so I knew I had to at least entertain the possibility.

And please tell me how you come to a day preparing to be scumread having no results from your PR and nothing really else to go on? Either you lynch me or you don't.
Because there was a scum flip at the end of day two and there's a 48 hour gap from then to now?

Hello.
I just see everyone is on Ouro already? Uh. Okay guess I gotta find out why that is the case. Just because he claimed to be silenced and/or having a role?

What I am sure of:
Darryl went nuts against Sorian/Fat D1. Was so dead-certain about them being scum. Blocked the thread with a huge blob of useless discussion. Voted for them.But jumped kitsune before the votes were over.
Then he went nuts on Muffin and me D2. Was again so dead damn certain we must be scum. Voted for us.

For me that looks like he doesn't actually care about his own claims and about who is being lynched. As he voted for kitsune every time from D1 on, it looks like he knew kitsune was scum and jumped on that, so he can say "but I voted for scum".
But if you do not stand behind your dead-certain, stupid claims that looks scummy as hell to me.

That is most certainly not the reason most of us are on him, you may need to try reading more of the discussion.

Also Darryl did not end D2 with a vote on kit, his partner did though and Darryl yelled at him for it in the game thread as he very much was all in on lynching Sorian at that point.

Ourobolus

Banned
Because there was a scum flip at the end of day two and there's a 48 hour gap from then to now?
Despite what you may think, I don't spend GAFIA night phases poring over the thread constantly, and I woke up today pretty much when night actions were due.

Your thoughts on me and Darryl ?
Aha! I knew I didn't get everyone. I'd just talked about Darryl in another post.

Darryl is... Darryl. But he strikes me as town here, just abrasive town. I can't make heads or tails of what you're doing. When I come back i do have some pro-town Darryl moments to highlight that I hang on tonecause otherwise I tend to read his abrasive style as shutting down discourse, which is generally not pro-town but it's just him.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not gonna get much done at the burn ward either
To be serious though, I'm not expecting everyone to have reread the whole thread overnight. You'd think that a scum flip would have at least led to you doing some precursory rethinking of your reads, but the day start shows the opposite. It's only after that you've backpedaled some and said you plan to reevaluate when time permits.

Ourobolus

Banned
To be serious though, I'm not expecting everyone to have reread the whole thread overnight. You'd think that a scum flip would have at least led to you doing some precursory rethinking of your reads, but the day start shows the opposite. It's only after that you've backpedaled some and said you plan to reevaluate when time permits.
I've stated before that a scum flip is concrete info that would help my reads. I apologize that my social life doesn't align with Day start and I am not going to do my thread re-reads on my phone.

But fine, I guess I'll speak clearly. I plan on making some new reads. Feel free to use the preceding sentence as evidence against whatever cockamamie conspiracy you have in the future.

Sophia

Hello.

What I am sure of:

So you're a) not reading the conversation and b) unwilling to engage in conversation with at least one person.

Hypothetically speaking, why shouldn't we assume the worst possible from this?

I didn't know anything anymore. The general mood was on kits so I tried to pull a sorian(tm) by bringing the vote close to a tie (ironically that meant voting to Sorian). Like how he did at the end of D1. Made sense to me. I did the thing seemed most correct in a scenario where I had no clue which of the presented lynch options looked scummiest to me.

I really thought kits might just be a frustrated newbie despite FEP being panicking in all the wrong ways.

I still didn't get over fat's performence in addition to Sorian's weird restrain this game still itches me the wrong way.

Ouro and Kingkitty have been held afloat by kingkitty alone.

Three options to pick, and I didn't know who was best. So making the vote less clear to force more players to vote seemed correct.

Are you scum reading anyone right now, then?

Ty4on

Good argument

Ourobolus

Banned
Guys did you see when X made some new reads but then didn't state 72 hours earlier that they would make new reads

What a scum, that X

Ourobolus

Banned
Did you make any thoughts over the night?
Other than the scum flip and knowing that I would need to, and then deciding with KK who to target, I didn't do anything. Day phases last multiple days, I don't feel like I have to do some fucking homework during the night

So you're a) not reading the conversation and b) unwilling to engage in conversation with at least one person.

Hypothetically speaking, why shouldn't we assume the worst possible from this?

A) Wrong, please spare us the assumptions and B) I feel the same tbh and if you don't see why, to answer your question: I don't really care.

Natiko

Banned
Natiko this was literally the fourth post of the day.
And yet you made the following just after that:

Vote: Sorian

I'm going to entertain that we had a scum/scum lynch going yesterday, and the least useful role got lynched.

So do you actually believe it was scum/scum? Or did you just pop this out seeing as, like you said, you needed to re-evaluate your reads but had not yet had the time to.

Ourobolus

Banned
And yet you made the following just after that:

So do you actually believe it was scum/scum? Or did you just pop this out seeing as, like you said, you needed to re-evaluate your reads but had not yet had the time to.
I can still consider that Sorian bussed his teammate. Just dropping it there for now. If I go back and figure out something better or something that leads me to believe otherwise, then I'll adjust. Sorian bussing is hardly a foregone conclusion though.

Ty4on

I can still consider that Sorian bussed his teammate. Just dropping it there for now. If I go back and figure out something better or something that leads me to believe otherwise, then I'll adjust. Sorian bussing is hardly a foregone conclusion though.

Failing that hard as scum tho?

Sophia

A) Wrong, please spare us the assumptions and B) I feel the same tbh and if you don't see why, to answer your question: I don't really care.

I'm not gonna spare you two anything. Samurai went into this thread and made it perfectly clear she didn't know why people were voting Ouro. Her tone regarding it sucked ass too. She then proceeded to make an odd argument regarding Darryl which I'm still trying to comprehend.

And like what Fran said earlier; if you're unwilling to discuss with a player then what help are you to town?

I'm not gonna spare you two anything. Samurai went into this thread and made it perfectly clear she didn't know why people were voting Ouro. Her tone regarding it sucked ass too. She then proceeded to make an odd argument regarding Darryl which I'm still trying to comprehend.

And like what Fran said earlier; if you're unwilling to discuss with a player then what help are you to town?

She knows why, we're just still not sure if that's really enough reason to lynch him.

And making a criticism because you don't like her tone is about the most hypocritical thing I've read this entire thread. Tone concerned nobody so far.

The argument on Darryl practically boils down to if it's plausible that he voted kits D1 and let nin vote kits D2 to make them appear townier in the long run at the risk of losing one scum teammate. I'm not sure myself, it's just a theory.

And you can dish out as many questions criticizing us as you want, I know when talking to a person accomplishes nothing whatsoever. This is such a case. If you think that's lynchworthy, be my guest.

franconp

She knows why, we're just still not sure if that's really enough reason to lynch him.

And making a criticism because you don't like her tone is about the most hypocritical thing I've read this entire thread. Tone concerned nobody so far.

The argument on Darryl practically boils down to if it's plausible that he voted kits D1 and let nin vote kits D2 to make them appear townier in the long run at the risk of losing one scum teammate. I'm not sure myself, it's just a theory.

And you can dish out as many questions criticizing us as you want, I know when talking to a person accomplishes nothing whatsoever. This is such a case. If you think that's lynchworthy, be my guest.

Will you be discussing with Darryl or he is getting the silent treatment from the both of you?

Darryl

Banned
Hello.

What I am sure of:

I didn't jump on kitsune yesterday, only Nin1000 did. I was okay lynching Kitsune day #1 and if you think that my vote on Kitsune day #1 was indicative of scum you're batty. I was opportunistically trying to form a bandwagon against them by following someone else voting for them.

Nin thought I was tunneling day #2 and kept trying to get me to steer away but I didn't listen and it's because people like you, Muffin, Fat4all, and Sorian (Sorian the least, but the first 3 are doing it bad) keep trying to box me by refusing to even engage me properly which sets off my scum alert hard.

You keep making all of these really misinformed posts like this and I'm sitting here just dumbfounded by them. Follow the path of most resistance is my scum hunting motto. You guys are basically forcing me to chase you into obscurity by acting bitten and angry, refusing to acknowledge the arguments that make you look bad. At least I acknowledge that the stuff I've done isn't that hot. I look horrible today.

Ourobolus

Banned
He got his own and his partner pair to be the two main wagons on D2.

Sorian is no magical scum player who can survive anything, but that looks more like my own play.
To be fair I think I was the first vote on Sorian? Or at least the first one that stuck. The read I had on him was some gut, some because of my poor read of kitsune. The fact that kitsune was most likely the least powerful of the scum roles doesn't really mean much as far as those who voted them out, hoping for Town cred.

He got his own and his partner pair to be the two main wagons on D2.

Sorian is no magical scum player who can survive anything, but that looks more like my own play.

He was trying to get an Ouro wagon going, and only voted Kitsune in the end out of self preservation despite scum reading them for a while.

Ty4on

Nin thought I was tunneling day #2 and kept trying to get me to steer away but I didn't listen and it's because people like you, Muffin, Fat4all, and Sorian (Sorian the least, but the first 3 are doing it bad) keep trying to box me by refusing to even engage me properly which sets off my scum alert hard.

Let's talk Ouro and Flush then.

franconp

Fat hasn't been around here since the end of D1. How can he be trying to box you then?

Ty4on

He was trying to get an Ouro wagon going, and only voted Kitsune in the end out of self preservation despite scum reading them for a while.

It wasn't very townie, that's for sure. It's more the lead up to the lynch

I feel like Sorian would be able to read what way things were going and either pushes someone else harder or orchestrates a better bus.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member

I wrote: "Gotta find out why they are voting for him" as in, I will reread that shit if people tell me that is not the case when I am not tired and not on my phone. You know that's why I ask questions. Can't count the questionmarks I made that went unanswered tho.

But yeah no my tone sucked ass and that means the question I asked about it was a hollow sentence then and I will never find out why. s

Also this is a partner game. I can still discuss with Nin, that's what the partner chat is there for, but sorry if I am emotional in that case and my heart literally aches when someone talks to me, or a person I like, this way.

Will you be discussing with Darryl or he is getting the silent treatment from the both of you?

I'd rather not, no. It's not amounting to anything. Shit like this:

SUSPICIOUS POSTS BY MUFFIN1611/SAW THAT ARE GOING UNNOTICED

This is 100%, verifiably false. You have never responded to my response to you at all.
/QUOTE]

is fucking annoying. See the last part of post #2432 btw, Darryl.

Darryl

Banned
Fat hasn't been around here since the end of D1. How can he be trying to box you then?

I'm not trying to say that there is a conspiracy against me or anything. I'm just talking about the patterns of my overall behavior and how I feel about the game and the players within the game.

I was still following the same patterns of behavior on Muffin/Sam that I was with Sorian/Saw since the argument came up so quickly after the last. My arguments against those two groups of players are exactly the same, pretty much. They're frustrating me in the same way. They're refusing to engage me and even lying to do so. It's very surreal feeling.

I lump them all together because they feel very similar. It's possible Muffin1611 saw how people were reacting to me on day #1 and copied it unknowingly, without realizing how frustrating it would feel and how un-towny of an approach that was. They are new players after all.

Sophia

How would that make them appear townier, tho? If anything it's kind of silly they had a vote that was split given they're partners.

nin1000

Banned
What I am sure of:

Just wanted to point out that this is just retelling what happened.
You can of course be certain of this because it actually happened. Not really something to point as your own achievement.

This could be said about any other person aswell, I also warn you to ignore certain players. That just comes off as condescending.
Even if you think that way, stating it in public that you will from now on ignore him doesn't make you scummy but really anti town.

If you think that the line of thought Worm discussed with me or the way Darryl argued with us is not something that makes it plausible that I'd just want to ignore it going on, go ahead and lynch us, if you're so inclined, because I can't help you with anything I say. I can't understand you at all.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:

VOTE: Muffin1611

Sophia

If you think that the line of thought Worm discussed with me or the way Darryl argued with us is not something that makes it plausible that I'd just want to ignore it going on, go ahead and lynch us, if you're so inclined, because I can't help you with anything I say. I can't understand you at all.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:

VOTE: Muffin1611

... wait what? Why are you suddenly getting so defensive and self-voting? o_o;

franconp

How would that make them appear townier, tho? If anything it's kind of silly they had a vote that was split given they're partners.

I don't agree here. Worm and I have completely different reads so, why should we vote the same?

We can share points of view in our chat but that doesn't mean that we should always agree.

Fair point, it's debatable. She shot that theory at me and I told her I'm okay if she posts it, not because I'm sure it's true, but because I understood the line of thinking.

Fair point, it's debatable. She shot that theory at me and I told her I'm okay if she posts it, not because I'm sure it's true, but because I understood the line of thinking.
Ran that by you in the chat today? Just trying to clarify. I'm trying to keep up while dealing with other stuffs so sorry for the drive by.

Do want to add that rifts with other players can happen but was disingenuous of Samurai to say there'd been no discussion of tone so far. There has. Maybe not enough for some but for others too much. It's a game of accusation.

Darryl

Banned
I'd rather not, no. It's not amounting to anything. Shit like this:

SUSPICIOUS POSTS BY MUFFIN1611/SAW THAT ARE GOING UNNOTICED

This is 100%, verifiably false. You have never responded to my response to you at all.
/QUOTE]

is fucking annoying. See the last part of post #2432 btw, Darryl.

I mean, here's my argument against you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245832542&postcount=2371

Here's your response:

Of fucking course I didnt go after you much in that discussion you're so full of yourself that I don't want to really bother, Mr."I'm the only one who did anything D1". It's pretty tiring, and its showing again.

I didn't even piece together that this was you responding to that argument because it just reads like an insult. I mean it clearly is responding to those posts, I just didn't read it that way at the time. The posts that I made in question were so tonally neutered (the ones at the start of day #2). I wasn't being arrogant at all when I wrote those. I'm assuming that this isn't actually how you felt at the time and you just knee-jerk insulted me because you were upset. You've gotta see tho that this behavior just doesn't feel sincere, which feeds into my argument with you

Top Bottom