• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

That second Nico cracks me up

SeNOGwr.png
That Nico.

Also, that Nozomi Breast Pillow.

Marche90

It's a fun show, if you're limited for time I guess you could always watch one of the music video PVs. Not quite the same thing but then at least you can say you've watched some Love Live before.
Bit odd you're playing the game without having watched it first. I assume you just wanted a rhythm game to play on mobile?

Indeed. I've been itching for a good portable rhythm game for quite a while. Since I no longer have access to an Ouendan game on my 3DS and I don't own a Vita to carry the Project Diva games with me, I needed a mobile game. The options I had were Osu, which is a nice emulation of Ouendan, but it is somewhat... Chaotic, I guess? (since you have to search the songs and the charts aren't always good); Cytus, which was good, but somehow it didn't fully grabbed me, even though I bought the paid version to be able to retry at will and this game.

Guess I wanted the Jp vocals in my game, too...

JoeFu

Banned
Read the first few pages to reminisce. Fun seeing the people who still post and others we lost such as Chariot.

Lol just saw this post from me

No flip on android and it doesn't even use immersive mode :(

Waiting for LP sucks, but I'm not gonna be spending my free google play monies I got from taking surveys. I'm gonna be strong and continue my streak of never paying for a F2P game.

RIP me. I spent like 80 bucks on this game I think and I don't regret it haha. Been playing it for months now.

m0t0k1

Read the first few pages to reminisce. Fun seeing the people who still post and others we lost such as Chariot.

Lol just saw this post from me

RIP me. I spent like 80 bucks on this game I think and I don't regret it haha. Been playing it for months now.

I still did not spend a single cent on the game. I probably would have spent some if google play cards where available in this country but yeah google....

In other news just got 50 stones in the JPN version and guess what :D

FREEEDDOOMM!!!
56346410.jpg

my first 10+1 UR and got a nice extra SR too :D With this and getting the rarest card in chain cronicle when starting the game on the first try i am on a lucky streak at the moment. I will try to post my atelier card soon :p when my phone is charged again.

Crescent-

I still did not spend a single cent on the game. I probably would have spent some if google play cards where available in this country but yeah google....

FREEEDDOOMM!!!
56346410.jpg

my first 10+1 UR and got a nice extra SR too :D With this and getting the rarest card in chain cronicle when starting the game on the first try i am on a lucky streak at the moment. I will try to post my atelier card soon :p when my phone is charged again.

Grats! This makes me believe that the time that I finally got a UR will come sooner or later

cpooi

I started playing this game at the end of January. So it takes time to get to your goal :D All you gotta do is preach brotta.

I'm still going to stop drawing till support tickets get added.

My draw count is 4 10+1 in Eng that gave only 5 SRs and over 12 scouting tickets giving nothing but Rs, and 6 10+1 in JP that gave 8 SRs.
My support ticket draw in JP gave me a UR though, so I'm going to wait for that in Eng. Will horde loveca till then. (Free player who doesn't spend loveca on events.)

m0t0k1

Praise RNGesus and may your idol smile upon you.

I thought the idols did not love me anymore ;_; and moved to cute little alchemists because they seem to love me. Guess the idols needed me :D next goal is to get me some more Kotori and Maki SR or UR cards. speaking about atelier here are the cards.

and while i am on topic on atelier hope you are reading CureVylash. I was hoping to play a ps3 Atelier game what is the best game to start? Just got Totori/Meruru and Ayesha. But saw a nice deal on rorona+ can grab it for €15 should i grab that and start the series with that. Or can i skip that? as you can see the price is no problem. I did get into the series via atelier annie on the ds so i do got some experience. But still a beginner.

I'm still going to stop drawing till support tickets get added.

My draw count is 4 10+1 in Eng that gave only 5 SRs and over 12 scouting tickets giving nothing but Rs, and 6 10+1 in JP that gave 8 SRs.
My support ticket draw in JP gave me a UR though, so I'm going to wait for that in Eng. Will horde loveca till then. (Free player who doesn't spend loveca on events.)

Before this draw i was doing worse then you. I did like 9 draws combined of the ENG and JPN versioin and out of those 9 draws i got 8 SR. First time i played i did not know i could get a guaranteed SR. So together with phoenix we where kinda made fun off because we had bad draws. But i am feeling pretty lucky

Episode 10 watched. Not as good as 9 but still amazing <3
Season 1 or 2?

Vylash

and while i am on topic on atelier hope you are reading CureVylash. I was hoping to play a ps3 Atelier game what is the best game to start? Just got Totori/Meruru and Ayesha. But saw a nice deal on rorona+ can grab it for €15 should i grab that and start the series with that. Or can i skip that? as you can see the price is no problem. I did get into the series via atelier annie on the ds so i do got some experience. But still a beginner.
?

It's my time to shine

On PS3 there's the Arland Series and the Dusk series, playing Arland chronologically is a bit confusing since you'd have to go back to Rorona Plus after beating Meruru, so I'd suggest starting with Totori, then Meruru, and finally finishing with Rorona Plus

Dusk is in a completely separate world from Arland to the two aren't connected at all, Ayesha is absolutely terrible while Escha is actually pretty good.

tl;dr: Play Totori, then Meruru, then Rorona Plus, get a refund for Ayesha and buy Escha

m0t0k1

It's my time to shine

On PS3 there's the Arland Series and the Dusk series, playing Arland chronologically is a bit confusing since you'd have to go back to Rorona Plus after beating Meruru, so I'd suggest starting with Totori, then Meruru, and finally finishing with Rorona Plus

Dusk is in a completely separate world from Arland to the two aren't connected at all, Ayesha is absolutely terrible while Escha is actually pretty good.

tl;dr: Play Totori, then Meruru, then Rorona Plus, get a refund for Ayesha and buy Escha

You already shined in this thread you where the first poster if i remember correctly
I believe it was you who was the phoneless guy :D

Thanks for the advice. I think i will start with Totori then. It is now the most outdated one mechanics wise. But i am not expecting much change only refinement in the alchemy system. I knew there where 2 series. Since i love mel kishida art i took notice of the atelier series. But did not had a ps3 at that time so i bought atelier annie and fell in love with the dialog, light story and the alchemy. I think i will keep ayesha since its not worth much and i want to buy escha but it still is wayy to expensive to buy. guess a low print run since it was very rare to get from the start. Only saw it once in a game store and it was and still is €60 only is a bit cheaper but i will wait for a price drop and get rorona+ in the meantime thanks!

cpooi

You should get a Vita and play the Plus versions.You should start with Rorona+ but stop playing after the original ending (First 3 years). Then play Totori and Meruru. Then go back to Rorona+ and play the extra 2 years.

This is if you care for plot. Going back to the Totori system after Rorona+ might be harsh though.

I would still recommend this order if playing on PS3.

Ayasha on PS3 has no JP voices though, but presumably Ayasha+ will have.

Unless of course you are intending to play the JP version.

m0t0k1

You should get a Vita and play the Plus versions.You should start with Rorona+ but stop playing after the original ending (First 3 years). Then play Totori and Meruru. Then go back to Rorona+ and play the extra 2 years.

This is if you care for plot. Going back to the Totori system after Rorona+ might be harsh though.

I would still recommend this order if playing on PS3.

Ayasha on PS3 has no JP voices though, but presumably Ayasha+ will have.

Unless of course you are intending to play the JP version.

The letters in the vita versions are so small that is why i preferred to play it on the big screen. I do am a fan of playing things in the chronological order so maybe ill do it your way i am still in doubt though since it will take a while before rorona+ arrives and now i have some time to play :D. I think i am one of the few but i think i can manage an English dub i prefer Japanese but both are non native languages to me anyway. So i won't notice wrong pronunciation and stuff. Only dubs i dislike are the atlus ones voices i guess i dislike their voices for some reason. Also don't find the voices fitting the game. Also thanks for the advice. Gives me a more wider view on what the series on ps3 is about.

Yeah ep 9 and 10 where great. I did not really liked ep 11 since i found the drama a non problem But i like the songs in the last 2 episodes so it gets back on track. But i guess i am soulless according to this thread :D

m0t0k1

Congrats! Those beach URs are so nice

Ah memories

Yeah the beach URs look awesome thanks safs. I see my card has a recovery effect. I already had a full on recovery team. Maybe she can help with the recovery and help me complete those extra hard EX songs
in b4 to git gud comments
. Yeah you disliked nozomi until her ep in s2 good days poking fun of mokoi and stuff :p

edit: nah staydead our bro chickdigger keeps getting banned :D. Also less then a month until the im@s movie i am so hyped for that!

elhaym

Aytrial is still on my friends list (Thanks for the cool UR!), but I may actually drop him for other more active people now. I wish I had like.... 6 more friend slots.

elhaym

FREEEDDOOMM!!!

Congrats! That's a really nice card too. I'm pretty happy with my draws this week too. Umi (Yukata ver) on bullshit account and Rin (Ramen ver) on my iPad. Still waiting on my Maki anywhere though...

edit: balls, two posts in a row again, sorry about that!

cpooi

The letters in the vita versions are so small that is why i preferred to play it on the big screen. I do am a fan of playing things in the chronological order so maybe ill do it your way i am still in doubt though since it will take a while before rorona+ arrives and now i have some time to play :D. I think i am one of the few but i think i can manage an English dub i prefer Japanese but both are non native languages to me anyway. So i won't notice wrong pronunciation and stuff. Only dubs i dislike are the atlus ones voices i guess i dislike their voices for some reason. Also don't find the voices fitting the game. Also thanks for the advice. Gives me a more wider view on what the series on ps3 is about.

You do know that the Plus versions add all DLC and extra content, right? Not sure why you would give that up. Plus the ability to play in bed. The only one I would play on the PS3 would be Rorona+, as that has content parity with Vita.

Also I heard that Meruru+ as a better framerate than Meruru. I'm not completely certain about that though. Also, all the English dubs are partial dubs. And I heard 1 line from both totori+ and rorona+ before shuddering in disgust and switching over. I wanted to get the Japanese versions for Vita as physical>digital, but my Kanji reading skill is still utter rubbish. Have to stick with the English versions with their spelling errors (meat-> meet, dusk->dust etc.)

m0t0k1

Congrats! That's a really nice card too. I'm pretty happy with my draws this week too. Umi (Yukata ver) on bullshit account and Rin (Ramen ver) on my iPad. Still waiting on my Maki anywhere though...

edit: balls, two posts in a row again, sorry about that!

No problems sometimes it happens :D Only ones who dont like it are the mods i guess. Obnoxious bumps can be irritating but this is ok if it happens on accident. But i know that feel bro. Only SR or higher maki i got is the one in the SR event. I rarely get makis on draw too. It was my first card so she is special to me :D But it happens a lot in the english version i am drowning in nozomis and in the jpn in honokas and rins. Guess they like giving me those although my favorites are Kotori/Maki/Eli

Also for people who don;t know what the beach nozomi looks like in full here it is :D

cpooi said:
You do know that the Plus versions add all DLC and extra content, right? Not sure why you would give that up. Plus the ability to play in bed. The only one I would play on the PS3 would be Rorona+, as that has content parity with Vita.

Also I heard that Meruru+ as a better framerate than Meruru. I'm not completely certain about that though. Also, all the English dubs are partial dubs. And I heard 1 line from both totori+ and rorona+ before shuddering in disgust and switching over. I wanted to get the Japanese versions for Vita as physical>digital, but my Kanji reading skill is still utter rubbish. Have to stick with the English versions with their spelling errors (meat-> meet, dusk->dust etc.)

I might sound crazy but i dont really care for extra dlc costumes or framerates if i already own the original games. An extra dungeon would be nice but i can live without that. I am more of a handheld guy. But i already own most of it on ps3 why go out of my way and buy it again on vita? I am somebody who almost never buys a remake or remaster. I got starfox 64 but that is because that is one of my favorite game ever and great on a commute to pick up and play. Also got Wind waker HD but that was because it is a free game. Also if i dont like the voice acting i could always mute the voices if that is an option at least? But i will probably play meruru and totori in japanese :D

Qurex

Neo Member
That second Nico cracks me up
SeNOGwr.png
If you're not in a hurry to play the games, there is always the Vita TV, that's coming out in November I think.

cpooi

I might sound crazy but i dont really care for extra dlc costumes or framerates if i already own the original games. An extra dungeon would be nice but i can live without that. I am more of a handheld guy. But i already own most of it on ps3 why go out of my way and buy it again on vita? I am somebody who almost never buys a remake or remaster. I got starfox 64 but that is because that is one of my favorite game ever and great on a commute to pick up and play. Also got Wind waker HD but that was because it is a free game. Also if i dont like the voice acting i could always mute the voices if that is an option at least? But i will probably play meruru and totori in japanese :D

If you already own the games, that that's fine. If however you don't already have the games, you should get the Vita ones.

Also regarding Vita TV: hopefully it gets better support than here in Asia (and that the support trickles to Asia). We have so many games where the Japanese version is compatible, but the English version isn't.

Edit: Also to say something about love live: I have a friend who has played the JP version for a year, and is at level 180+. He has no true URs, even with 2 support ticket draws.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
and where is mokoi

Maybe something happened:

Scenario one: dropped phone in toilet, out buying rice...

Scenario two: he was walking home when a strange man in a van asked him if he wanted some idorus he was giving away that they were inside the van

Scenario three: he met a woman

Scenario four: Aliens abducted him

Scenario five: sleeping

redhairedking

If you already own the games, that that's fine. If however you don't already have the games, you should get the Vita ones.

Also regarding Vita TV: hopefully it gets better support than here in Asia (and that the support trickles to Asia). We have so many games where the Japanese version is compatible, but the English version isn't.

Edit: Also to say something about love live: I have a friend who has played the JP version for a year, and is at level 180+. He has no true URs, even with 2 support ticket draws.

I imagine that global support for the Vita TV will improve once it is released in the US and Europe.

m0t0k1

Yeah i own 3 games i am only missing Rorona+ and Escha might as wel complete the arland series on ps3. Omg your friend knows the true despair. Its time for me to post that comic again. :D

rip friend may the RNGods praise him.

I imagine that global support for the Vita TV will improve once it is released in the US and Europe.

Not to be an ass or something but i don't expect they increase the vita tv support. For the new games yes but for the old game the situation will probably be the same. Since most of the developer will be japanese and indie i believe the indie support will be alright but the bigger third parties will not do much about it.

Hmm idk I'm thinking two... wasn't Motok in town?

I never been to America!!

i don't know how you people do EX songs, hard is my limit

It really takes a practice. First i had trouble with the harder normals then with hard and now i can almost fc the easy expert songs. The extra hard EX songs are still a bridge to far but practice makes perfect. I play hard during events and can do most at FC now.

Hugstable

Banned

Exactly! I can barely live through the EX songs up now in EN version.

All this extra Loveca this week is gonna be great for the upcoming event. Should be sitting at a nice 31-32 Loveca by the time the event starts.

elhaym

iOS 8 update blew up my iPad. Waiting on LL to re-download. Hopefully everything still works. =(

I do have my transfer codes for LL, but all the other games scare me now. =(

edit: ARGH. It worked, but now all the story segments are marked as "DL" again.

Marche90

This picture will never get old.

Exactly! I can barely live through the EX songs up now in EN version.

All this extra Loveca this week is gonna be great for the upcoming event. Should be sitting at a nice 31-32 Loveca by the time the event starts.

It's patience, practice and playing a lot, if possible also playing different rhythm games. As I mentioned in the thread before, I played lots of Project Diva and Ouendan before landing here, and boy did the experience helped. For those who might not know about those games, here are two of the hardest songs in those games (The first Ouendan and Project Diva f, respectively)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35fpd_goonfingers-level-15-final_videogames
(Skip to 1:15 if you want to listen to the whole song or 1:50 if you only want to see the tapping. I picked that video because it has decent audio and you can see the person playing, even if the jokes are somewhat odd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bljj-yFBX6s

While I haven't gotten a perfect in those songs, at the very least I can defend myself when playing them. You get used to see lighting-fast notes very fast when playing games like these and your body reacts before your mind actually processes what the hell you're doing :p

Also, about practice, I went from this:

I know I say this whenever a new EX song gets released, but man, they are hard. They totally kicked my ass. Should I force my way with the proper team or just say screw it and use a green team...?

Oh, well. 50 lp down the drain.

To this:

After playing a few times, so you guys just need to keep playing :D

elhaym

It's patience, practice and playing a lot, if possible also playing different rhythm games. As I mentioned in the thread before, I played lots of Project Diva and Ouendan before landing here, and boy did the experience helped. For those who might not know about those games, here are two of the hardest songs in those games (The first Ouendan and Project Diva f, respectively)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35fpd_goonfingers-level-15-final_videogames

Aghaghaghagh horrible flashbacks of Ready, Steady, Go on Cheer Girls.

Man just saw this in a other thread more mobile anime rhythm games. Dunno what to expect looks kinda cheap :p

One piece dance battle

WTF am I watching??

redhairedking

Yeah i own 3 games i am only missing Rorona+ and Escha might as wel complete the arland series on ps3. Omg your friend knows the true despair. Its time for me to post that comic again. :D

rip friend may the RNGods praise him.

Not to be an ass or something but i don't expect they increase the vita tv support. For the new games yes but for the old game the situation will probably be the same. Since most of the developer will be japanese and indie i believe the indie support will be alright but the bigger third parties will not do much about it.

That comic is wonderful! About the Vita TV though, what good 3rd party games are there that wouldn't get support? The majority of the good stuff in the Vita's library is either Indie or Japanese I think support will be fine. Most of the other stuff on the Vita is either straight garbage or an FPS that I wouldn't want to play on the Vita anyway.

edit: If I remember correctly most Japanese developers quickly pushed out updates to add Vita TV support to their older games when it first launched in Japan

Crescent-

I definitely agree to this. I also played a lot of osu! and Project Diva before playing SIF. Personally, playing LL (and other) songs on osu! helped me a lot in predicting when triple/alternating notes are going to come on some of the faster EX beatmaps in SIF. The sense of rhythm just comes to you eventually as you play. Oh and the device you play on surely affects your play. Just did this because of some little lag on my phone:

9zgD3iQ.png

Dunno if I'll get a better chance to FC this

Yaari

Event question, which rank was it again that gave the guaranteed single SR, 200-1000? Also wondering how much Love Gems it usually takes to reach that point, although I guess theres many variables to give a clear answer to that one, difficulty played, max LP etc.

Qurex

Neo Member
Event question, which rank was it again that gave the guaranteed single SR, 200-1000? Also wondering how much Love Gems it usually takes to reach that point, although I guess theres many variables to give a clear answer to that one, difficulty played, max LP etc.

Rank 1 - Rank 200 = 2SR as reward
Rank 201 - Rank 1000 = 1SR as reward
Love Gems, I think 20 would put most people in the top 1000, assuming you play efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom