• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himemiya

RIP to those who died, but I couldn't put the glove thing to rest. Went looking at the other cards and I found that even beyond the maid set, there is some weird glove wearing going on!
310lypE.png

It serves no purpose, I don't understand. Is this a fashion trend in Japan? They'd either fall off or be unbearably tight.

Also the EX songs are a blast, and just the right amount of tricky.

m0t0k1

I'm still waiting for my copy..

Enjoy the cast calling out honoka while you wait. It was a close battle until the end :lol But bottom spot was also interesting to see. Although do not watch it if you have not seen the anime there are a lot of scenes in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVUwD5MqU0

RIP to those who died, but I couldn't put the glove thing to rest. Went looking at the other cards and I found that even beyond the maid set, there is some weird glove wearing going on!

It serves no purpose, I don't understand. Is this a fashion trend in Japan? They'd either fall off or be unbearably tight.

Also the EX songs are a blast, and just the right amount of tricky.

I like the gloves. Give them an elegant look. Just wait until they update the intro splash screen in the english version
gloves everywhere
They have always been popular just check out Mario series since 1985 :p

Himemiya

I like the gloves. Give them an elegant look. Just wait until they update the intro splash screen in the english version
gloves everywhere
They have always been popular just check out Mario series since 1985 :p

I'm only weirded out by gloves that are THAT short. Take a look at any of the idolized maids, they have normal gloves, not ones that end in the middle of their palm. Interesting design choice...

They're fun but you know what we really need is new daily songs. I am so sick of Mermaid Festa Vol 2 and Otome Shiki Renai Juku.
Same, now that I'm done with soldier game I'm not touching the dailies again
as long as they cost 25LP
And actually one of the things that drew me into this game was thinking "I can play Glass no Hanazono in this?" Not in the English version but at this point I'm okay with waiting.

elhaym

I understand being disappointed with it, but I guess I have low standards for rhythm games cause I like it and would buy Lily White if it was localized. Heck I thought of buying it anyway >_>

Yeah, it sucks coming from games with TIGHT timing like the Bemani series. Heck, even Technika had tighter timing than SIP. It just makes it frustrating to play for me. =(

m0t0k1

I'm only weirded out by gloves that are THAT short. Take a look at any of the idolized maids, they have normal gloves, not ones that end in the middle of their palm. Interesting design choice...

Its funny i have those kind of gloves at home too. But that is for sports cycling helps for the extra grip when you are getting sweaty. I have seen short leather gloves before in an asian movie always on the high classy ladies so maybe its a fashion statement there?

Looked kinda like this.

fek

Enjoy the cast calling out honoka while you wait. It was a close battle until the end :lol But bottom spot was also interesting to see. Although do not watch it if you have not seen the anime there are a lot of scenes in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVUwD5MqU0
Honoka-chan!

I hope you get it soon, (and like it!) You probably got Bibi right?
Yeah, which also reminds me that we are getting new sub unit singles starting next month. BiBi is my favorite but I'm very excited for all of them.

m0t0k1

Honoka-chan!

Yeah, which also reminds me that we are getting new sub unit singles starting next month. BiBi is my favorite but I'm very excited for all of them.

I always thought it was Kotori who did the most calling out. Guess i am deceived ;_;

About the gloves when you look at the songs they performed in the anime you can see they had lots of different gloves. Guess the producer had a fetish or something.

Himemiya

Not gonna lie I am still weirded out by the gloves, couldn't even find a wikipedia article on them and still don't know why a maid wouldn't have longer gloves (for hygenic reasons), but thanks for showing me that they exist in real life.

m0t0k1

Not gonna lie I am still weirded out by the gloves, couldn't even find a wikipedia article on them and still don't know why a maid wouldn't have longer gloves (for hygenic reasons), but thanks for showing me that they exist in real life.

Makes me kinda curious do maids/waitreses wear gloves where you live? I have never seen them wearing anything over here. Just bare handed unless they need to clean the toilet or something but then they would wear different gloves :lol

edit: the more skin the better hime! :p

Himemiya

Makes me kinda curious do maids/waitreses wear gloves where you live?

Dunno about maids but waitresses are normally barehanded. I know in the maid set they are "working in a café" I don't know why they'd have gloves in the first place but the longer the better?...hey if it's to add appeal that's cool I can get with that.

Dunno about maids but waitresses are normally barehanded. I know in the maid set they are "working in a café" I don't know why they'd have gloves in the first place but the longer the better?...hey if it's to add appeal that's cool I can get with that.

Think it's just a fashion thing. Never seen anybody wear gloves like that while working in a cafe.

Qurex

Neo Member
There were randomized insert cards/SNs per box, each redeemed for 3 characters in LLSIF. I bought 2 of the first LL set, 2 of the 2nd and thankfully got unique inserts each time.
(Left is 1st set, right is 2nd)
edit to add (shitty) pictures of cards:
Character cards:
Disappointing cards:
Fancy signature cards:
edit more: Wait wait wait, what the hell is this crap!?!?
Thanks for the pics, the set boxes look quite nice. The cards could be a lot better though. You were really lucky as well from the sound of things
Also, 1000 USD for Nico? Starting price should be 1,000 VND. Maybe 100,000 VND if you're feeling generous. Though the real question is, how much did you pay are your signed cards worth if Nico is $1000 :p

On the topic of gloves, there are 2 extremes to choose from. Half palm gloves or evening gloves.
Half palm gloves - more skin = better
Evening gloves - basically zettai ryōiki for the arms
:p

Gloves seem to be quite common in idol costumes. Like how the dresses occasionally have loads of frills and ribbons. Those cuff things that are on some costumes bother me more. Can't find a pic at the moment. It's just a cuff by itself that goes on the wrist. Or those silly tiny hats, the ones which sit on the head at an angle.

Himemiya

On the topic of gloves, there are 2 extremes to choose from. Half palm gloves or evening gloves.
Half palm gloves - more skin = better
Evening gloves - basically zettai ryōiki for the arms
:p
Love them.
Also the hand is not a particularly sexy part of the body (to me) ><

Those cuff things that are on some costumes bother me more. Can't find a pic at the moment. It's just a cuff by itself that goes on the wrist.

Something like this, right? Love them.

Or those silly tiny hats, the ones which sit on the head at an angle.
Love Live must've corrupted me because I used to think they're silly but now they look as normal as wearing shoes.

I guess this proves "different strokes for different folks" lol.

There were randomized insert cards/SNs per box, each redeemed for 3 characters in LLSIF. I bought 2 of the first LL set, 2 of the 2nd and thankfully got unique inserts each time.

(Left is 1st set, right is 2nd)
edit to add (shitty) pictures of cards:
Character cards:
Disappointing cards:
Fancy signature cards:

edit more: Wait wait wait, what the hell is this crap!?!?
She's like $6 http://yuyu-tei.jp/game_ws/sell/sell_price.php?ver=lovelivesif

Edit: Oh dang! Top of the page! I gotta post some pictures! I know Here's some pictures of all the URs I have~

Yaari

Hey I have four open spaces in EN and five in JP (with some randoms I can delete) so if you have room too, send me a FR

EN ID: 769323267

JP ID: 552224680

I have URs of each type in JP, and Smile/Cool URs in EN!

I need friends, I will send a request!

Qurex

Neo Member
She's like $6 http://yuyu-tei.jp/game_ws/sell/sell_price.php?ver=lovelivesif

Edit: Oh dang! Top of the page! I gotta post some pictures! I know Here's some pictures of all the URs I have~
So she really is only worth about 100,000 VND.
Also I love those URs, I'm so jealous! ;v;

Hey I have four open spaces in EN so if you have room too, send me a FR
Sent a request.

Love them.
Also the hand is not a particularly sexy part of the body (to me) ><
Evening gloves are great!
Not too bothered about the hands either myself, lol

Something like this, right? Love them.
I didn't mean stuff like that, those are like arm warmers or something? Gauntlets? That can't be right. Armbands? Whatever they are, I'm fine with all those things. I meant something more like this.
I'm really nitpicking here, but it's literally the cuffs that look like they're been cut off from a shirt that I have a problem with. The cuffs must have a button as well.
I'm fine with stuff like this, or this, even this is fine. If they're wearing gloves with them, I have no problem though. lol

Basically if the cuff has a button, looks like it's part of a shirt and looks like it is free moving (optional), it bothers me.
Thinking about it again, I'm not sure there are any Love Live costumes that do this. I was talking more about idol costumes in general, I think other idol series have these. Actually it might not be as common as I thought, since I'm having trouble finding pics.

Love Live must've corrupted me because I used to think they're silly but now they look as normal as wearing shoes.

I guess this proves "different strokes for different folks" lol.

My problem with the hats isn't that they are tiny, it's the fact that often they are tilted. How do those tiny hats stay on? It's like magic. What bothers me is that they are a part of the costumes that they perform in, and the hats manage to stay on, tilted at an angle, despite the jumps or whatever in a performance. They just stay there perched on the head tilted at an angle. If there were a cord or something attached to the hat that goes around the head to hold them in place I would be fine with it.
If the tiny hats were upright it wouldn't bother me. My problem with them is the tilt. Although I guess the tilt does have some charm to it.
So much nitpicking :p I must come across as some sort of crazy person lol

Yep, "different strokes for different folks" lol.
Had to wait to post this. Didn't want this to be the post on the top of the page

fek

I think tiny hats are actually headbands so they can dance freely
On gloves, I don't think bare hands are sexy too but if you hide it, somehow it becomes sexy.. Anyway, LL costumes are awesome.

m0t0k1

One thing i still was wondering about the hats is that in the start screen you see umi wearing that barett. And in a lot of the beginning cards. Did she ever wear that in the Anime because they where using it a lot in the beginning of the game. talking about this one:

I am more a fan of the ribbons when it comes to headgear looks more cute on the girls.

Himemiya

One thing i still was wondering about the hats is that in the start screen you see umi wearing that barett. And in a lot of the beginning cards. Did she ever wear that in the Anime because they where using it a lot in the beginning of the game. talking about this one:

Yeah she even has a cute beret on in her unidolized Wonderful Rush R, not in the PV or anything, but look at this. Guess it is old designs and no it's not in the anime.

m0t0k1

Yeah she even has a cute beret on in her unidolized Wonderful Rush R, not in the PV or anything, but look at this. Guess it is old designs and no it's not in the anime.

Ahh thanks for the info! Lol yeah i like the barett. Rin needed a lot of work back in the day she looks so derpy. Now she looks wayyy better.

Qurex

Neo Member
I think tiny hats are actually headbands so they can dance freely
On gloves, I don't think bare hands are sexy too but if you hide it, somehow it becomes sexy.. Anyway, LL costumes are awesome.
Seriously, the hats are headbands? Oh. Guess that makes sense. Agree that the costumes are great. You're right about the gloves as well.
Time for me to go back to playing LLSIF to get those S Clears for the play counts on Easy and Normal and the early Hard Songs.

Harmony Gold is still making this stuff? How are you meant to read that title? Do you read it as live as in living or live like in alive. Reading that summary, that film sounds boring. Never watched Robotech though, so I probably can't see the appeal.

Just under 5 and a half pages to go until we reach page 400. Wonder if we will make it before the next event starts.

Yaari

Did some 10+1 rolls so I can play with Rares rather than teams 80% filled with Normals. No UR's, not that bothered because with the rate they go for I was not really expecting them anyway.

Rolled 3 times and got 2 SRs on one of those, others were just 1. Need 5 more stones for a final roll.

Did my part in supporting the game now back to free playing. Doubt I'll buy again but whatever, you'll never know.. haha.

Anony

no more free love gems from the 500k users? :(
sitting on 48 love gems

nevermind, it appeared
i can do a 10+1 draw tomorrow
pretty much got all the 'doable' love gems from songs, so it will probably be 2 months before another draw :|

firehawk12

Subete no aware
no more free love gems from the 500k users? :(
sitting on 48 love gems

nevermind, it appeared
i can do a 10+1 draw tomorrow
pretty much got all the 'doable' love gems from songs, so it will probably be 2 months before another draw :|
Just play the new EX songs 160 times or whatever. lol

Marche90

Pretty sure that's meant to be one of those beauty treatments, probably based off this scene

lol.

I haven't watched the anime, so that's why I didn't knew about that.

I see that it's still on CR... eh, why not, added to my (incredibly long) queue

Qurex

Neo Member
lol.

I haven't watched the anime, so that's why I didn't knew about that.

I see that it's still on CR... eh, why not, added to my (incredibly long) queue

It's a fun show, if you're limited for time I guess you could always watch one of the music video PVs. Not quite the same thing but then at least you can say you've watched some Love Live before.
Bit odd you're playing the game without having watched it first. I assume you just wanted a rhythm game to play on mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom