• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpooi

Heh, ARIA is where I started with Japanese volumes, because it was coming out slow as dirt here in the US and I thought that a fairly low-key series would be easier to read.

I underestimated kanji. A lot. =/

That's where furigana comes into play! I think I need to invest in a good magnifying glass though, my eyesight is bleeding from how tiny it is.

fek

Holy... I only now saw the TGS news that Milky Holmes will get a new anime in january and Emitsun will join the cast. This is the best thing ever. Now we have 4 Love Live girls in Milky Holmes.

Bonus: Ucchi as a guest in yesterday's Denpa Chouhoukyoku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEMreue9qpA

Also, a question for all you people who import Japanese stuff: how good are your Japanese? I would like to import more stuff, but my terrible Kanji skill as well as overall low level of comprehension and my lack of money as a student is holding me back.
I can play story focused games but I'll avoid doing that if there's a chance it'll be localized or if it's too long and complicated (like Trails). I have been mostly importing only LL related stuff recently though

Qurex

Neo Member
Also, a question for all you people who import Japanese stuff: how good are your Japanese? I would like to import more stuff, but my terrible Kanji skill as well as overall low level of comprehension and my lack of money as a student is holding me back.
Terrible comprehension. I do have a few games, CDs and manga. The games are mainly stuff I can play without reading. For example, I have SD Gundam G Generation Advance and SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive. I can navigate the menus to play but that's it. I also have Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in Japanese, a relative bought me these when I was younger before the English release. A few CDs and Special Edition manga volumes as well.

Apart from recognising the occasional character/word. I need a dictionary, a pen, some paper, and loads of time if I actually need to try reading. So yeah basically zero knowledge.

Amazing work lol. I demand that joe uses one if them now!

Version 2 of JoeFu - Naruto ver.
ZToQivU.png

Holy... I only now saw the TGS news that Milky Holmes will get a new anime in january and Emitsun will join the cast. This is the best thing ever. Now we have 4 Love Live girls in Milky Holmes.
Oh nice, this going to be great. She's going to play an idol as well.

Some more title ideas, turns out a lot of the songs can be used to make sentences.
maybe sometime in the future I'll learn this moon speak.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| Someday in the Future, I'll learn this moon speak.
(Kore kara no Someday)

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| Oh,Love&Peace! We're All Living This Moment
(Oh,Love&Peace! Bokura wa Ima no Naka de)

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| Senpai! Listen to my heart!! I Love You, Hooray!
(Listen to my heart!! Aishiteru Banzai!)

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| All Aboard The Blueberry Train

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| Notes of School idol days
(The name of the OST, 2nd Season OST name is Notes of School idol days ~Glory~)

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT-2| The Guided Fate Paradox of Despair
(In reference to the PS3 game that featured μ's as the VAs for several of the characters, there was also a character song album)

Kumubou

Regarding my comprehension of Japanese: it's awful, practically nonexistent. The funny thing is I took a class in college for it... and it was the only class I ever failed (even while putting in more work for it than any other class I ever took).

I'm usually importing text-light games though, like fighting games or music-rhythm games so you can usually figure it out. I did play through a couple of RPGs when I was younger, like Final Fantasy 5 or Xenogears like that, which was... something. Don't got time for that now, though.

cpooi

Regarding my comprehension of Japanese: it's awful, practically nonexistent. The funny thing is I took a class in college for it... and it was the only class I ever failed (even while putting in more work for it than any other class I ever took).

My personal experience was that I had to put in more effort for my first Japanese class than all my other classes that semester combined, and I got the worst grade for it. (That sem)

Taking my second class now, and still suffering.

JoeFu

Banned

Sooooo

I beat Beat in Angel. Fun song. Took me a few tries but once you get beat down it's not too hard to get a good combo racked up.

Mokoi

Banned
Nozomi's seiyuu does not have a very good singing voice. :( I didn't even bother to listen to her sólo CD, and only ripped Umi's CD. Lol

Kumubou

So I finally got my download code for Mighty Gunvolt, downloaded it and... well, you're asking what this has to do with Love Live? Well, this is the intro text:

...we've all been living -- and playing -- a horrible lie. It's been a plot to create despair throughout society... which, looking at it, should have been pretty goddamn obvious.

pariah164

*looks at her Nook*

Look, School Idol Festival... It's not you, it's me. I have needs, and this new game fills them all. More songs. Cute characters. No terrible, awful lag. No despair.

I'm sorry... It's just. It's better this way. You'll find someone else. Someone who can play Expert level songs.

I loved you first.

*sheds a tear as she puts her Nook away and plays Theatrhythm Curtain Call*

Okay yes that was dramatic but that's basically what happened.

Vylash

*looks at her Nook*

Look, School Idol Festival... It's not you, it's me. I have needs, and this new game fills them all. More songs. Cute characters. No terrible, awful lag. No despair.

I'm sorry... It's just. It's better this way. You'll find someone else. Someone who can play Expert level songs.

I loved you first.

Komaeda_%285%29.png

JoeFu

Banned
*looks at her Nook*

I loved you first.

Get a better device. Lol

Anyways I'm playing both CC and SIF still. EX songs are more challenging than the Ultimates I've played and I've played most of them ...

StayDead

I've been learning Japanese now for I think 4 years. It's good enough to play through games but I still have to (when I have time) look up certain words. Thankfully the language in games is often very similar so you get some words locked in your brain and it becomes easier for me at least to learn that way.

The game I've had the most trouble with recently is Senran Kagura 2, because the font used is kind of blurry and the complicated Kanji are hard to read. Thankfully those words are usually not too important and you can work out the context by the rest of the sentance.

m0t0k1

Thanks for the suggestions guys now to choose one hehe :D.

I decided to place the next ot in the gaming section and add a little paragraph of the vita games into the OT so we have an excuse to have a new chance there. Besides most of the people here are on LL already so we can have some extra to discuss.

Marche90

Is it just me, or does the rhythm in After School Navigators is, uh, odd?

I couldn't quite follow it, so I missed a lot of notes in my first attempt. Guess I'll give it a listen with headphones before trying again.

Oh, and have I mentioned how much I hate this game?:

oKe8QdH.jpg

*sigh*

elhaym

Is it just me, or does the rhythm in After School Navigators is, uh, odd?

I couldn't quite follow it, so I missed a lot of notes in my first attempt. Guess I'll give it a listen with headphones before trying again.

After School NAVIGATORS IS odd. Honestly, the only reason I can follow it well is because I've listened to it with better quality audio (read: headphones or connected to my desktop speakers). My iPad speaker (lol) is terrible and you actually miss a ton of the music, not even just with this particular song.

I can't wait for the EX version. So much fun!

Sooooo

I beat Beat in Angel. Fun song. Took me a few tries but once you get beat down it's not too hard to get a good combo racked up.

I tried Beat in Angel EX this morning. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Thank you healy team, thank you.

froliq

Could shrink down the current one as everyone knows what it is and know what to do now. Can just have links in the new one for newcomers?

m0t0k1

Could shrink down the current one as everyone knows what it is and know what to do now. Can just have links in the new one for newcomers?

Yeah i am planning on shrinking down the really basic things and just link that to the wiki. I guess the album pictures can go away too since its not really that up to date anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom