• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

fek

the tweet is dead, anyone have a screenshot of it?
Here it is:
https://twitter.com/seiyufan/status/645214210234806272

The event song is likely to be "好きですが好きですか? (Suki desu ga Suki desu ka?, lit. I Love You, But Do You Love Me?)".
This song is a single sung by Minami Kotori and Koizumi Hanayo. This song was included with the Limited Edition of Love Live! TV Anime 2 Blu-ray Vol. 6. It was released on November 21, 2014.

Expert and Random Expert Difficulties will be available from the start of the event.
This map is so good, I love the song too.

Oh cool we'll get to see the collab before the BD release assuming they don't cut that section short.

I guess they''ll perform the movie singles this time. Well regardless it should be good.

I thought the amount spent would be slightly higher, though I suppose the number of fans may have lowered that average.
Would like to see Sunny Day Song costumes on Music Japan but I guess that probably won't happen..

Is the EN game still kinda fucked for everyone? I still get that problem where the note sound is super delayed and makes it hard to play. Rebooting my phone seems to fix it for a while but it always comes back.

CoinArt

Is the EN game still kinda fucked for everyone? I still get that problem where the note sound is super delayed and makes it hard to play. Rebooting my phone seems to fix it for a while but it always comes back.

I just had my first experience with it being totally borked. Every note came down a half beat late. After I inevitably messed up, I paused and resumed, and it fixed the issue. Shit sucks, they need to fix it already.

CoinArt

I just had the most despair draw. I managed to scrounge together enough love gems to do a BiBi 11-draw before it went away, and

LfMTU4U.png

"Oh well, only 1 SR but at least it's a duplicate for my weakest team, and it's Nico too!"

Nope. It's a triplicate. A third copy of the weakest Smile SR in the game.

GoXDS

Should I go for Umi or not? I'm saving gems for Constellation Maki, but this event is kinda slow.

Is this even a good card?

4690 for Lvl 80 Event Umi compared to China Dress 4760 (some of the better ones have upwards of 4990).
Event Umi skill is 600 pts / 9 secs @ 15% or very roughly (assuming 2 min) 1200 per song
China Dress Umi's skill is 370 pts / 19 perfects @ 33%. assuming 400 notes and ~80% are Perfect, that's 2056 pts per song. even at 50% Perfect that's 1285 pts per song

then again, how likely are you to get an idolized SR from pulling?

tenton

I think they need to bite the bullet and go with the JP version and just give us the newer interface. I think they goofed something up seriously while trying to use the older version. Because JP version is just fine. Or at least doesn't have these major issues.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When it comes to Love Live I've bought

A [redacted]noka statuette
A [redacted]noka in casual wear nendoroid
The Love Live movie edition petites

So I'm well below that average.

Phew. I can still be considered normal.

Jintor

the only love live thing i've bought is a nico keychain. I've been looking for the maki one of the same set but haven't been able to find it.

and some doujin

sakuori

I only got the trial deck of Weiß Schwarz, a Rin keychain ('cause the Maki ones are out), and the Premium Edition of Season 1 on the way.

I might be getting some figmas in the future.

Am I screwed?

Buying love live things?
well..
GILmZkI.jpg

I learned there was also a nozomi one, that i totally want also, I am such a fool.

I want one of the plushies real bad.

A couple of Maki figures, and one Honoka is all that I bought. Was planning on buying the full Nendo set, but circumstances have gotten in the way of that.

GoXDS

first time going for Tier 2, I think 10 Love Gems in and will need ~6 more. the cutoff creep is slowly starting to increase in pace. can't wait to see it jump from 16750 to 25000+...
I should've started using those Love Gems sooner. because of time constraints, I'm not using these Love Gems 100% maximally efficient (not that big a difference though) =\

Kikirin

first time going for Tier 2, I think 10 Love Gems in and will need ~6 more. the cutoff creep is slowly starting to increase in pace. can't wait to see it jump from 16750 to 25000+...
I should've started using those Love Gems sooner. because of time constraints, I'm not using these Love Gems 100% maximally efficient (not that big a difference though) =\

Best of luck! I was thinking about pursuing T2 earlier today, too, but decided against it once I'd seen that it was gonna put me at least 7 gems in the hole.

GoXDS

looks like I'll finish ~25300. it looks like I overshot though... past few Token Events had 25500~26500 as cutoff but right now, with less than 2.5 hours left, it's only at 18599. it'd need to increase by 2700 per hour on average to break 25k now... =\ wasted Love Gems

EDIT: woo..so overshot...looks like final cutoff might be ~21000. why is it so low. I could've saved 5 Love Gems

Articalys

Is that niconico stream up on youtube yet?
- go back to the Niconico Live page for the Bushiroad stream
- note the full title of the LL portion was "ラブライブ!スクールアイドルフェスティバル 発表会&トークステージ" "Love Live School Idol Festival Presentation and Talk Stage"
- identify the most likely keywords, namely "Love Live" and "talk stage"
- search Youtube for ラブライブ トークステージ, sort by most recently uploaded video (TGS2015 ラブライブ works too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgSP2-dAKyo
edit: just watched it through, that person muted the audio during the gameplay bits (probably worried about copyright strike).
Here's two videos with the gameplay, only ones I can find on a really quick search that don't have the audio muted/pitched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI0QpIAE0ks and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BKzQgDcnII
edit2: this one seems good as well.

In the process I found these two videos of people trying their luck at Music S.T.A.R.T. and No brand girls on the jumbo game.
One more with Mogyutto I found through related videos.
Looks like it was set to invincible mode on Hard difficulty for everything (so it wouldn't be too boring).

Labrys

Didn't even get the Umi card, I don't think I needed another Cool card anyway.

I did preorder the Rin nendoroid and Figma, though.

Anony

i did a 10+1, got 1 SR that sucked
:|

also, couldnt get titanium backup to load the app+data from my tablet to phone, I'm gonna miss like 15 love gems probably since i'm gonna be away for 2 weeks

Articalys

at a cost of 15 Loveca. Admittedly it's a bit overkill by about 2 or 3, but combinations of poor LP time management, terrible luck with my tablet touchscreen ignoring hold notes, bouts of overall sloppy play, and paranoia of a last-minute rush sort of forced my hand. Also I really wanted the "A" play count reward for both Hard and Hard 4x.

I have a confession: I finally used in-game items in a F2P game to expressly cheat. I had saved just enough tokens to try one run of EX, but in my shaky and sleep-deprived state, I failed about 4/5 through the song -- so I used a gem to revive and finish, because I was not letting those last tokens go to waste. The standard present for finishing an EX song for the first time is one gem anyway, so I didn't gain or lose anything either way had I played it or not. Well, except for the XP, score rewards through "A", and two student drops.
Still feel a bit unclean by it, but that'll probably pass eventually.

elhaym

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Replaced my iPhone 6+ with a new 6S+ and iOS 9 and the game works fine on the new phone. No weird dropped inputs like iOS 9 on my iPad Air 2. Dunno WTF Apple did, can only assume something to sell new hardware. New phone works perfect with both SIF AND CGSS, which was completely pitching a fit before.

Crescent-

Long post incoming.

So I went to Anime Festival Asia yesterday. Love Live got featured in many of the booths, be it official booths or in the creator's hub because of the movie being aired here at the 21st of October and also the overall popularity of the series here. Here are some photos from the event (sorry for the low quality of some of the pictures, the event was moved to a smaller place than last year, which makes it very crowded):

Picture of the event venue, taken from AFA Official Facebook page (linked since the pic is too big):

Event Pic

LLSIF got featured in the Bushiroad booth:
mXjTw8Y.jpg

The TV on the right was used to broadcast people playing SIF in the booth. They used a cracked version of the app which has unlimited LP and all songs unlocked bar EX ones. Those who played there and passed a song gets an LLSIF sticker (which I already got last year). Too bad the signal at the venue started acting up in the afternoon so the playing booth became empty afterwards.

The LL nendos in Good Smile Company's booth:
9EpcBBd.jpg

Some merch from the booths, mostly posters/drawings (official and non-official ones):
UzZvyPi.jpg

YHB3aGn.jpg

PFS3npT.jpg

My friend bought this set of LL keychains:
7kmI5Kk.jpg

While I bought the newest Mimorin CD album instead, while it's available here:
cl7N3IO.jpg

There was also a Love Live themed cafe, which I didn't go into since the price is high. Though they gave away some merchandises for eating there, such as these watches:
12049462_10153058741206022_4877532976404948042_n.png

On a slightly (un)related note, I got to watch the I Love Anisong concert there as well yesterday, which featured 4 artistes.
LiSA was the one to open the show. She sang 8 songs, including Crossing Field (SAO) and Ichiban no Takaramono (Angel Beats!) to name a few.
Next up was DJ Kazu, who remixed some famous anime songs.
Then came Yanaginagi, who performed songs such as Aqua Terrarium and Mitsuba no Musubime from Nagi no Asukara.
And last but not least, the one to close the show was none other than fripSide, who performed 9 songs which included all Toaru Kagaku no Railgun songs and some from their first album.

Bonus pics from the concert:

M6jJNWD.jpg

The view from my seat, taken before the concert started.

12039366_10153066552086022_7986975678957732508_n.jpg

The concert in full force, pic from AFA FB page.

UO61S8I.jpg

fripSide signed poster, which unfortunately I failed to get because I came to the event late (the raffle for the fripSide autograph had ended, I got DJ Kazu's instead). Pic taken from a friend who got the autograph.

Overall was a pretty exhausting but exciting experience. Went there at 9 AM and the concert ended at 11 PM, though seeing Nanjolno (especially) and the other artistes perform live in front of me was pretty amazing. Hope I'll have the time to come back next year.

Articalys

You have no idea how jealous I am of people who can go to AFA whenever that time of year rolls around, if only the the insane concerts.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those watches should help prepare Love Live fans for the day a policeman slaps a pair of cuffs on their wrists.

Articalys

Apparently scans from the new Dengeki G's Magazine issue also reveal they're already going ahead with the first Aquors center election, for their upcoming 2nd single (release date TBA).

sakuori

When was it announced that the Hanayo event is starting?
I didn't see it last night and was surprised that it's starting today.

It's also early. :O

Articalys

Yep, hot on the heels of the last English event, it's already time for the Round 13 SCORE MATCH!
Event STARTS: Tuesday, September 29, 9am UTC
Event ENDING: Thursday, October 8, 8am UTC

You thought this might finally be a 10-day event again? Hahahahaha no. KLab pls...

As the star of the show, Hanayo uses the powers she gained from folding endless origami onigiri to idolize into the Goddess of the Harvest, maxing out at 4710 Cool points, with a timer-based Perfect Lock skill that fires at a 55% rate but only lasts 2.5 seconds each time.
Over on the normal side is a Cool card for Yuuka Kirihara, who gets dressed up for some farming work. Sort of.

Assuming the songlist is still the same as the JP version of the event, here's which songs you have to look forward to (underlined songs are available on EX):
Set 1: Oh,Love&Peace!, Love marginal, Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru, sweet&sweet holiday‎‎, after school NAVIGATORS, Snow halation, Dancing stars on me!, Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate
Set 2: Love Novels, Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki, Love wing bell, KiRa-KiRa Sensation!, Kodoku na Heaven, No brand girls, Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love, Paradise Live

Set 1 goes from the start of the event until 8am UTC Friday, Set 2 goes from then until 8am Monday, and then both sets stick around from that point until the end of the event.

Happy Hanayo hunting!

elhaym

RIP wallet.

Thank you for shopping at CDJapan.
We shipped your order today.

LABX-8110
M's/LoveLive! M's Go-Go! LoveLive! 2015 - Dream Sensation! Blu-ray Memorial BoxBlu-ray Memorial Box
Blu-ray 1 x September 30, 2015 release

something something
I WISH I'd only spent $800 or whatever it was

Articalys

Random Love Live sighting alert: earlier today somebody posted a (almost completely ignored) thread for a short video of singer Carly Rae Jepsen touring a few bakeries in Japan, and when I took a look (because I love random short-form docu stuff) I noticed three familar faces pop up for a split-second during a brief montage of scenes establishing the setting.

Himemiya

RIP if you're still playing EN, but this upcoming Hanayo is the best. Voice clips are great too, I highly recommend this Rice Goddess and wish you luck.

Top Bottom