• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Asura´s Wrath (X360/PS3)

Orbital2060

y2gr49er.png

I bought this ages ago, and finally got to play it when I got the DLC in the black friday DLC sale on xbox.

And oh boy, does it deliver. Beat em up, rail shooting, QTEs, the game mixes it all together and it (mostly) works really well. The brawling is simplistic, and a little bit janky in terms of dodging and crowd control and balance. But it works, and at most I had to replay a couple of the bosses a few times to get it right. Not too tough, on Normal. You can change the difficulty on the fly, and the game is split up into episodes with credit rolls and intros and all, which works nicely for playing in shorter sessions.

Ive completed the main game (3 Parts with 18 episodes in total) and am about to jump into the fourth DLC part. I understand there was a lot of pushback for Capcom in terms of gating the true ending behind a DLC that you had to pay for. But it can be bought for peanuts now, especially on sale which it seems to be a lot. Definately worth it, if you want something new and crazy and a new experience. I havent played anything quite like it, unless I forget something. And I wish there were more games like this in the market. A remake would be dope, if only to tighten up the combat.

The world needs more games like this.

bok426lk.png

I loved it when it first came out, everything teenage me wanted.

But then I hit the end and it said "BUY THE DLC FOR THE REAL ENDING"

And then I uninstalled

And then I uninstalled
There have been some great sales for all of the DLC on the Xbox Store recently. I wonder if we'll see another sale this week.

Orbital2060

And then I uninstalled
Yeah, not cool. I didnt realise before I checked up on the DLC before buying it. Sounds like it tanked the game, and the perception of it.

ungalo

It's always on sales on Xbox for like 2 euros but i never had motivation to buy it. and i'm usually drawn to the new IPs of the 360 era including the Capcom IPs. But this one has never interested me.

Soundtrack seems good though.

Last edited:
It's a really fun "game." Good story, fun scenarios. Wish they brought it over to PC, but it runs well in RPCS3 if you've got a decent rig.

Orbital2060

To be totally fair, the game is well contained within the 3 original Parts. The main boss and antagonists are dealt with. The final DLC Part is about a true ending behind all of that. Ive yet to play it, that and the two lost episodes with Ryu and Akuma.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
One of the few bright spots from the PS3/360 era. Super interesting game, and pretty fucking bold considering the direction that game design had gone in during that gen. I'd love to see this get a re-release on modern consoles so that more people get a chance to appreciate the sheer absurdity of it all.

killatopak

Played it, finished all dlcs, hyped it to my friend and we sat down and watched a 5 hour Youtube cutscene compilation of it.

I would buy a sequel if it gets made. CC2 doesn’t get enough credit how amazing they animate their games. Real eye candy.

Top Bottom