• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Call of Duty 2: BRO (Xbox) is GREAT!

I picked this up n sale at Best Buy and it has floored me! Great graphics and gameplay and TONS going on!

I just yesterday hooked it up to Live and what a great experience..... except everyone using FREAKING SNIPERS! I haven't this much fun online since Wolfenstein.

Well done, very well done....

Anyanka

I played the PS2 version last week and thought it was great. Very linear and old school but they did a good job making you feel like you're actually part of a squad in the middle of a big battle. I actually felt sad when the NPCs died.

I thought this was a really great game when I played in it November. I loved the single-player portion of the game. Despite the criticism that the WWII games get, I still feel like games like this and BiA have an intensity in the single-player portion that is really not matched by other FPS games. The constant firefights, machine guns, mortar, etc., is really immersive and adds a lot of intensity.

I highly recommend this game as well, even if you've played CoD2 on 360. I played them both, and I think BRO is very close to CoD2, despite the graphical downgrade (although the graphics are great for Xbox). However, they are different enough that you can enjoy them both (and I actually preferred the end level of BRO more than the last level of CoD2, which I thought was a little anticlimatic.) Also the fact that you're with the same group all the time unlike CoD2 adds a little more to the admittedly thin story, like Anyanka mentions.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This was a surprisingly good game. I'm tempted to get it again for online play, but I assumed there would be no one on it for long.

I thought this game was assy on PS2, no?

Anyanka

What is supposed to be bad about the PS2 version? I haven't played the Xbox one to compare but I never noticed anything wrong with the PS2, no slowdown or glitches or anything like that.

The game is at it's best when you're in a big open area with a bunch of NPCs with snipers and machine gun nests surronding you and mortars going off at random. The only weak parts where when it would degenerate into PSX era MOH level design where you and like 2 other soliders would go through tunnels or bunkers taking out random nazis just kinda standing around waiting for you.

I really want to play COD2 360. It'd be nice if I could actually find a system to play it on....

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I thought there were some graphical issues, but I just read the GS review and it didn't say much about that. Same number of players online too. I wonder what's extra in the limited edition? Maybe after a price drop or three.

DustinC

Picked up as a rental last night, and its managed to impress me so far. I've been pretty jaded with WWII shooters lately, but this still manages to be pretty fun. Haven't really dug into the multiplayer yet though.

EmSeta said:
Uh, I thought reviewers ripped this game apart?

It's got 81.4 percent on PS2, 79.6 on Xbox on gamerankings, I don't know if that's ripping apart..., IMO the game's biggest weakness is some of the rail shooting which is a little weak, still think it's an 8.5/10 or so IMO

Borys

Banned
One of the best PS2 FPSes (lol) I played if that's any help to you. If you don't mind the WW2 setting it's a solid purchase.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I am really tempted to get this, really enjoyed CoD2 360 and would like some more please. Though my only option is PS2 or GC at the moment, but if the PS2 version handled the game well, I'll go with it.

And the online portion of BRO is miles above COD2. You actually get to host matches, pick your maps, and everything! Imagine that, INFINITY WARD. Imagine that.

It's probably the best World War II game available on this generations consoles. And the story and characters are definitely a high point for the Call of Duty series.

Top Bottom