• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: GAF Quake 1 Multiplayer ?

mug

Hey, just now found my Quake disc. I also remember reading that a few of you were planning on an online Quake match. It sounds awesome and hope I didn't miss out. I'm also trying to install it on my laptop with XP installed.

How do I install this old game with XP?

Amir0x

Banned
oh we had a thread and match and all you have to do is download a program called 'eQuake', and it's free and you didn't even need to find your disc :lol

but yeah we already did the match... but if there's interest again, i'll set another one up

mug

Shit, oh well. I'm all for another match though - I remember playing on Heat.net for days at a time.

Quake 1&2, Battlezone, Kingpin, etc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I propose a weekly GAF game of Quake 1. On a good, low ping server. With a good map rotation...

FightyF

Banned
I reinstalled Quake 2 recently (well actually for the first time on my newer computer).

And it runs pretty bad! It's funny, Quake 3 is silky smooth...Quake 2 has issues!

I used to play Quake 2 on my Pentium 90 in software mode at 320 by 240 and I kicked a lot of ass in CTF. People thought I was lying when I told them I was playing with those settings.

I'd love to play some Q2 CTF again.

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:
I propose a weekly GAF game of Quake 1. On a good, low ping server. With a good map rotation...

i'd be down, i'll work on trying to find a good server and stuff and then get back in a few days

Top Bottom