• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - Killzone Mercenaries. A must play for FPS fans.

Deadbeat

Banned
The best LBP is also not made by the original developers and is on Vita. But most of the people would just call these games "shitty spin offs by B tier developers", which is quite sad.
The only thing B-Tier about Mercenary was all the bs inserted touch screen crap, but that all got fixed in the vita tv patch so its great now. There really is no excuse for people to not play this game. Buy a cheap vita tv and play the damn thing. Then get dragon's crown as well.

Whenever I have time from work I slowly complete the contracts to platinum. Hopefully I can get the online stuff done before they finally kill the online.

Deadbeat

Banned
How does the patch work? Does it work on Vita?
No you are still stuck doing all the touch screen crap on a vita, on the vita TV its bound to the analog sticks so when I go behind and backstab a dude, ill have to (for example) point the left analog down and the right analog up. Its quick and instant and I have no problem with it at all.

I'm LTTP on this as well right now.

I didn't like any of the Killzone games, but man is this game so damn good. I'm glad I picked it up, I'm enjoying KZ:M a lot on the Vita.

nampad

The only thing B-Tier about Mercenary was all the bs inserted touch screen crap, but that all got fixed in the vita tv patch so its great now. There really is no excuse for people to not play this game. Buy a cheap vita tv and play the damn thing. Then get dragon's crown as well.

Whenever I have time from work I slowly complete the contracts to platinum. Hopefully I can get the online stuff done before they finally kill the online.

I really like the touchscreen stuff, lol.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
For me, Killzone 2, and Killzone Mercenary are the two best games in the series. I actually really enjoyed Shadowfall, but Mercenary felt more like a Killzone game to me. The visuals, the controls, the environments and the story were all really well done. I'd love to see another one on the Vita.

Fantastic, fun game. I'm not an MP player, but I even played the MP and had some fun with it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
this game is amazing. it should have pushed vitas out the door.

i feel like if this was a launch title it would have changed the vitas future a bit

Yeah it's a really good game. It doesn't quite match the atmosphere of Killzone 2...but the actual game design is a lot better. I liked how each level felt distinct, and was wide enough to let you do a bunch of different playstyles. I also did not see [SPOILER the whole ]switching sides thing coming[/SPOILER] , although I suppose I should have given the title.

Great game, I'm loving it right now as well. Girlfriend bought me it a week or two ago. I love the multiplayer as well, pretty good for a handheld. Can't imagine the advantage that Vita TV owners must have, though.

tusken77

Fantastic game, I've been playing it again recently. It'll always be on my Vita as the Contracts are always so much fun to replay.

I remember playing KZ:Merc MP Beta back in the day and I loved it. So I bought the game soon after it's released.

Boy it was a joy to play from start to finish.

The visuals are top notch, gunplay feels good, and high level replayability. The game is definitely not a perfect FPS game, but it's still a damn good one. I enjoyed it way more than KZ:SF.

Gotta try playing the MP again. I wonder if the MP community is still alive.

Leynos

I had to yell at this damn game today. I have two pieces of intel left to collect, both in the final level. I get there while doing a covert mission, and I fail the first time because I missed the timer for the mission. What pisses me off is that I'm in the middle of interrogating
Benoit
when the clock runs out. Fuck!!

Then I try again, am interrogating
Benoit
, and either fail, or the game glitches, and he dies. I fail the challenge to interrogate him, and I try again - except the game saved right after he died, and when the game reloaded the checkpoint, it's at the point immediately after his death. I'm stuck in an endless loop, yell, then turn it off in frustration.

Top Bottom