• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Kingdom Under Fire II

ShinMaruku

I'm not sure how much people have tried the long under developed Kingdom Underfire action online rpg/rts game that was supposed to be a 360 game, then a ps3 game a pc game and now finally a PC/PS4 game.

There are 2 main modes the story mode which is a online rpg with the usual campain trappings, you have also a raid mode where you and your firends team up for some more serious content and of course they have a horde mode. Then you have pvp mode where you go out with your own crew and set up armies and duke it out with other people in just missions, you can have GvG battles or you can pick a faction and fight in a faction war.

14201604708_deb41f64c2_b.jpg

The whole set up for the game is as follows:
Now Bersia, the continent, is about to get hit with
another dark destiny...

After the war of Crusaders, world looked like as peace has returned. However, the unknown accident broke out and the balance of world shattered with huge geographical and climate change.The impact of this cataclysm was so great that the map of the continent had to be redrawn. The range of mountains created by cataclysm made all transportations useless. Most of countries with centralism lost its control over regional territories. Lots of chaos was caused when support from central government was stopped in the territory of Human Alliance. In Eastern area, attack from Orcs which lost their leader became the biggest trouble.In case of North area including Ecclesia, people were suffering from the attack of monsters - Primitive Encablossian - which appeared in the central part of Bersia continent.
Because of cataclysm and internal strife, Hironeiden, the powerful nation in the past, became weak. On the other hand, Ecclesia started to gather its power again under the justification to protect humans who are afraid of external attack. In case of Eastern Settlement in Hironeiden which was abandoned by central government, every creature - Human, Elf, Dwarf and even Orcs who came into Human society - gathered to survive independently in the chaos.

Dark Legion wasn’t that different. Orcs are having internal wars to become a new leader among tribes after losing Regnier, the hero, and Urukbar. Gorzanik, the tribe where Urukbar belonged, had wars against Snuk, the new tribe after the cataclysm, and it’s getting worse because of the natural resources called Nectar.

Kaedes which achieved independence from Vellond lost most of its territories because of cataclysm and had only choice to depend on the territory of Hexter. After the disappearance of Queen, Vellond became weak and eventually locked all the gates of nation. Currently everything about Vellond is in the veil secretly.

Introduction
Prologue
Now Bersia, the continent, is about to get hit with
another dark destiny...

After the war of Crusaders, world looked like as peace has returned. However, the unknown accident broke out and the balance of world shattered with huge geographical and climate change.The impact of this cataclysm was so great that the map of the continent had to be redrawn. The range of mountains created by cataclysm made all transportations useless. Most of countries with centralism lost its control over regional territories. Lots of chaos was caused when support from central government was stopped in the territory of Human Alliance. In Eastern area, attack from Orcs which lost their leader became the biggest trouble.In case of North area including Ecclesia, people were suffering from the attack of monsters - Primitive Encablossian - which appeared in the central part of Bersia continent.

Because of cataclysm and internal strife, Hironeiden, the powerful nation in the past, became weak. On the other hand, Ecclesia started to gather its power again under the justification to protect humans who are afraid of external attack. In case of Eastern Settlement in Hironeiden which was abandoned by central government, every creature - Human, Elf, Dwarf and even Orcs who came into Human society - gathered to survive independently in the chaos.

Dark Legion wasn’t that different. Orcs are having internal wars to become a new leader among tribes after losing Regnier, the hero, and Urukbar. Gorzanik, the tribe where Urukbar belonged, had wars against Snuk, the new tribe after the cataclysm, and it’s getting worse because of the natural resources called Nectar.

Kaedes which achieved independence from Vellond lost most of its territories because of cataclysm and had only choice to depend on the territory of Hexter. After the disappearance of Queen, Vellond became weak and eventually locked all the gates of nation. Currently everything about Vellond is in the veil secretly.

There are something more cataclysm brought to Bersia. Exile appeared in the continent. They claimed that they were residents of the continent long time ago in the previous age. According to their insistences, they were dragged to the crack of dimension and returned from it after the cataclysm. Among the Exile, they contacted to Human Alliance and tell them that they have no hostility against Humans but lots of people have wariness about them due to their appearance which is similar to Encablossian.

Each faction which were almost close to be united are now all separated to survive or to become the ruler of the new age. Now Bersia, the continent, is about to get hit with another dark destiny...
In this new era you are a mercenary leading a mecenary army built up from various troops under your command undertaking missions for the human alliance. Your army is all built from various troops and support characters that you can move around and use their special ablities, for example you have elven archers and regular footmen and you have cannoneers, the archers and cannoneers can be used to rain fire on certain mobs you snipe a running away mob or you can use the cannoneers to aoe the fuck out of a area where you aim, then you have the footmen and soldiers who just tie up armies and do pretty decent damage if skilled properly.

You control a hero which right now is separated by 3 classes the Gunslingers who ar e mix of swordsmen with rifles where you have good melee combat while butressed by their gun play making them a mix of close combat and ranged

kuf2_glen_web18600_703.jpg

Here is a clip showing what they can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxxgPGCk5o

The second class is the Spell Sword:
hqdefault.jpg

This is the class I am currently playing and have the most info on. They are melee spell casters who decided the magic they will use is ice and lightning as with their lightning quick footwork.

Their whole game plan is either them doing single target some some pretty spectacular aoe attacks where you chain in either their default lightning orb attack from their scepter or the spell blade moves like Ice Blade where they cut infront of them leaving fire a ice slash then a follow up of icicles on the ground which hits people up, the next ice skill they have is ice blast which they spin around and make a gale of ice spin around and hit people with the follow up being a shattering of ice into little projectiles.

Their lightning skill is a spin kick with lightning which has a secondary follow up kick. If their skills have a successful knock down they have special finishers with their scepters depending of skill build, they will either freeze a enemy or gut them and while withdrawing their blade they make ice hail down on them, or the usual just down stab attack.

The secondary system they have is runes of their corresponding elements and what grade of skill you have in them. If you use a ice attack you get ice runes, lightning runes for lightning spells if you gain more than two runes you get a special skill you can use, with two ice runs you get a spining slash in the air that can launch and freeze enemies, when you have 4 runes you make a ice orb you shoot forwards and with 5 runes you summon a ice orb that explodes in a decent aoe. Lightning runes first grade is a lightning strike slash in front of you for moderate range second grade ia lightning dive kick through your foes with a splash effect does great damage and causes a knock down for finishers to be queued up.
Here is a short clip of how they play with a more indepth one being recorded by me later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efciv2fRnU

Lastly is the big Berzerker which is a massive great sword wielding melee character with a gauntlet.

sub2_doc5_doc_subpage3_img_05.png

They use their weapons in great sweeping powerful motions with some ranged attacks with the gauntlet and ground slam attacks as their special abilities. This is the next class I need to try out.

Here is a clip to show how they play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MlVtsInfM

Now currently the game is not due for US release until the PS4 version shakes out I assume but there is a SEA version withc English translastions and a mainly finished version of the game. I have gotten my hands on it and I am really impressed by what I found, hopefully the finilzed version we get in the West will have some improvements and a proper set up because this game is great.

Have any of you Gaffers ever tried the game? Are you looking forward to the impending US release. Last build I seen was during the Chinese meeting which means their version will soon be good to go too.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I know this came out in Asia.

Is there a way to play it if you are only fluent in English?

cj_iwakura

Yeah, was about to say, didn't even think it was out yet.

Sad there's no PS3 version, I'm sure it would've been gorgeous. They skipped a whole gen for nothing.

Astery

I was excited back in 2006 or something.
I later had a look at it on YouTube on the MMO PC free to play version and they had downgraded everything for the mass MMO market PC specs, pretty much an entirely different beast at this point that I'm just no longer interested in.

the way they doing the free to play business model also blows afaik.

ShinMaruku

Game scales really well to be fair not quite as big a downgrade as people expected. Now the SEA free to play is effy which is why I am excited with the PS4 version with what they can do there with Sony as a partner. However how the game works on those multiplayer options really have me pleased.

Astery

Game scales really well to be fair not quite as big a downgrade as people expected. Now the SEA free to play is effy which is why I am excited with the PS4 version with what they can do there with Sony as a partner. However how the game works on those multiplayer options really have me pleased.

While I certainly hope so, there had been enough track records of MMO released on Sony platforms that's just ports that do nothing different, or stuff like ace combat online that are the same crappy business model...or they ultimately just become a dead project like blade and soul PS3 version.

ShinMaruku

Blade and Soul might have gone to PS4. NCsoft utterly fucked up on this game. Them and wildstar I hope it stays as it's current state making a profit but never lighting the place on fire.

Danneee

One of gamings bigggest travesties is this being MMO, not released in the west and only on PC (and PS3?). Should have been a real sequel to the excellent Xbox games and on current gen. Oh well.

K.Sabot

The first 2 were the best 2 games on the Xbox.

I've been waiting for this game about as long as I've been for Blade and Soul.

I think it still is, but they saddled it with MMO trappings, sadly.

Yeah the game has areas where you are by yourself doing mmo shit, eventually you do get the army combat. In the time i spent playing it though, I felt it was a far cry from KUF Heroes. Personally I felt like your character was too powerful in the strategy battles and many of the more interesting units were left out(where are my sappers?) limiting options. And then the process of getting units, and advancing there classes, only to later replace them completely because you need a better unit to survive at higher levels... ugh. the fucking gatchapon system or w/e its called only makes it worse, though the US version likely won't have that stuff.

If only they just took KUF heroes and ported it to pc, would have been so much better imo.

Top Bottom