• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Lost Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaCy

The Storyteller said:
Season 2 is garbage. There are about a million instances of characters not acting on anything, in a blatant attempt to not advance the (non-existent) plot. One of the worst seasons i have ever watched.

I agree, I loved the first season, but good lord S2 sucked ass. I probably watched the first 4 episodes and stopped watching then, haven't watched an episode since.

JaCy said:
I agree, I loved the first season, but good lord S2 sucked ass. I probably watched the first 4 episodes and stopped watching then, haven't watched an episode since.

Watch the episode 0 of season 3 , where they summarize everything. Then read on wikipedia season 3 till you reach about halfway. Then start watching the rest.

The last episode of season 3 is all sorts of awesome. Season 4 is awesome also so far.

imho

Blader

JaCy said:

You watched four episodes and decided the whole season sucked? :lol

Penguin

Blader5489 said:

Why is that not a good barometer?
I mean I think if you watched an entire season. And then saw the start of the next and felt it was going in a way you don't enjoy. Bail out. Shouldn't have to stick around with hopes that it will get better.

KevinCow

Banned
I wish I'd been with Lost from the beginning. Instead, the first episode I watched was the Season 2 finale, so I already knew all the big stuff in the first two seasons when I finally got around to watching them.

Blader

KevinCow said:
I wish I'd been with Lost from the beginning. Instead, the first episode I watched was the Season 2 finale, so I already knew all the big stuff in the first two seasons when I finally got around to watching them.

The first episode I saw was "The Man from Tallahassee" halfway through season 3. :lol

Penguin

Blader5489 said:
Is that a serious question?
I think so.
I understand some people love stuff, but I never get the defense that a person doesn't like it based on a sample.
Why should he continue on through season 2 if he didn't like the first 4 episodes? If he didn't like it, he didn't like it.

Should he watch an entire season to determine he no longer likes it?

JaCy

Blader5489 said:

Well judging the quality of them, I doubted it would get better soon, and seeing the other posts that it didn't get better till the last few episodes, I was right.

So I had better things to do with my time. :D

master15

Holy shit had a bit of a Lost marathon last night and finished Season 2. Wow there was a couple of big suprise moments for me, although as I suspected (Althoug dissapointed as I was) so many questions still remain about the Dharma iniative, the others, Henry Gale among other things.

(Spoilers below)

800px-2ftR4.jpg

Holy shit Michael gone rouge! I wanted to high 5 him for taking out the garbage (Ana-Louisa bye bye)

2x19_hurley_bernard_rose.JPG

Even though the SOS episode didn't have huge signifcance to the overall story probably one of the most heart-felt episodes in the whole season.

2x19_henry.JPG

Arggggh! Who is this guy, at the end of the last episode I got the feeling he was the one in charge of the others (Seemed to be giving the bearded guy instructions, right?)

2X18-LibbyFlashback.jpg

Libby was in the psych ward too?! She seems to appear in heaps of other peope's flashbacks

2x23_boarding-elizabeth.jpg

Holy shit boat! An the return of Desmond

2X24_Penelope.jpg

......!

It was a good season I thought. I was annoyed at how some characters totally changed one episode to the next (The whole bit with Claire kissing Charlie at the end....ugh WTF she spent pretty much half the season pissed off at him and he stole the baby ect yet all is forgiven somehow...ugh what?!)

Onto Season 3 folks

Blader

master15 said:
2x19_hurley_bernard_rose.JPG

Even though the SOS episode didn't have huge signifcance to the overall story probably one of the most heart-felt episodes in the whole season.

It's actually more important than people give it credit for. It (indirectly) explains how the island can heal people.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ahhhh still love that Desmond plot. The crew storming the boat all stealth like, then it turned out to be a drunk Desmond, so fucking great.

Dharmalar

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
Ahhhh still love that Desmond plot. The crew storming the boat all stealth like, then it turned out to be a drunk Desmond, so fucking great.
I think he's the best character on the show. He always has quality flashbacks...
if you want to call them that.
:D

dont give up on season 3...

if you get bored skip episodes reading summaries, but dont miss the last ones... it realle picks up... and season 4 is great so far

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Desmond is rad. The only plot of his that I didn't like was the super lame
"I can predict the future."
bit in season 3.

Also this:

dont give up on season 3...

if you get bored skip episodes reading summaries, but dont miss the last ones... it realle picks up... and season 4 is great so far

I almost gave up on the show completely but thankfully it really picked up in the second half and the ending is fucking fantastic.

master15

6 episodes into Season 3. It's not bad but as the feedback seems to suggest get's a lot better. The whole storyline about Ben and his surgery, I'm not quite sure what to think as of yet. Along with the whole 'other island' thing.

Sucks that Eko got killed, he had his moment through Season 2 (Although he got a bit preachy at times) and glad to see Locke has regained his mojo. I take it the ending part of Season 2 of Desmond's girlfriend (Forgot her name) regarding finding the power from the island will be revisted at some point?

Crusade

master15 said:
6 episodes into Season 3. It's not bad but as the feedback seems to suggest get's a lot better. The whole storyline about Ben and his surgery, I'm not quite sure what to think as of yet. Along with the whole 'other island' thing.

Sucks that Eko got killed, he had his moment through Season 2 (Although he got a bit preachy at times) and glad to see Locke has regained his mojo. I take it the ending part of Season 2 of Desmond's girlfriend (Forgot her name) regarding finding the power from the island will be revisted at some point?
Ohhh you'll see. You'll see indeed

master15

Season 3 spoilers ahead...

13 episodes in Season 3 and shit is starting to get really interesting. Everything from Desmond's death visions of Charlie, to the crew finding where the others lived to learning to full extent of Ben's ability to manipulate people.

Throw in one of the better feel-good episodes (And bloody funny I should add) when Hurley finds the car and so far the season's been pretty good. I was a little worried about Locke going off the deep end again, when he blew up Michael's house, then proceeded to kill the poor bugger through the sonar poles but then it became clear why he wanted to stay on the island.

Then this...

800px-3x13_TMFT_locke_falls.jpg

Dayum!

Shorty

Banned
Dharmalar said:
I think he's the best character on the show. He always has quality flashbacks...
if you want to call them that.
:D
I hope that's not a spoiler for unaired episodes...

master15

Gah 17 episodes in, they just just rename Season 3; "And the others keep lying".

And I was just beginning to trust Juliet...gah :(

800px-3x16_One_of_Us.jpg

Anyone else get serious Carrie Ann moss vibes from the actress playing Juliet? Her eyes and the way she speaks, it's almost a dead ringer

master15

Holy shit! Season 3 spoilers below...

-The helicopter and Naomi, saying there were no surrvivors of 851 and everyone was dead!
-Desmond and his visions
-Tom Sawyer and James getting his revenge!
-Locke going on his 'own journey'
-Juliet is she working with or against the others after Jack told her not to tell Kate about some plan...

Argh.....

is season 2 the one where
they devote the entire season to introducing all of these new characters who they just kill off the following season
?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Suburban Cowboy said:
is season 2 the one where
they devote the entire season to introducing all of these new characters who they just kill off the following season
?

Most of the tailies bite it. Desmond, Ben, and the Others don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom