• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Misfits UK series... I don't know why I'm continuing to watch if after season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all, really. Loved seasons 1 and 2. Then the season 2 end came and it all turned to shit.

Nathan was a moron, but no one would have given away immortality for 2k quid. Hell, none of them I feel got the amount of money these powers would be worth IRL. Curtis's time travel saved the gang a billion times, why the fuck would he give that up?

I can understand why Alisha did it. Her powers were uncontrollable (or they were when she touched other Simon) and they really did nothing for her, but everyone else has a shit ton better power during season 2 then they did in season 3 and, I assume, onward.

I know why the quality drop happened, everyone wanted to leave the show (don't know why, besides Simon, no one else has had a career since...

Anyways, I'd nominate this show as one of the greatest shows that snowballed to one of the worst shows... Ever...

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Never watched it myself, but my girlfriend hated where the show went in season 3 and onward.

scabro

Its not as good as the previous 2, but season 3 is fine. Rudy is hilarious. The first 2 seasons were some of the best shit on tv though.

It's better to pretend the show stops after season 2. It's never able to reach the same heights and the new characters are more annoying than anything.

Fevaweva

The crew selling their powers was one of the dumbest things in that show and ruined it. You are totally on point with it not making any fucking sense.

I stopped watching as soon as I heard the dude who played Nathan left.

I think I got up to a few episodes in season three and gave up, seasons one and two were brilliant but after that it turns into a shit fest.

Rudy is better than Nathan.

Also the last 2 seasons are so over the top good.

Four Horseman of the Apocalypse on bicycle? Fucking the powers out of people? Jesus thats over over the top.

scabro

season 3's entire existence was justified with one scene
tumblr_m6d2nbXate1qajaz9.gif

Beefy

The crew selling their powers was one of the dumbest things in that show and ruined it. You are totally on point with it not making any fucking sense.

I stopped watching as soon as I heard the dude who played Nathan left.

He is on some food show atm (UK). Damn he has changed loads.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I still haven't finished watching the final season. All I remember is some guys penis fell off (or was that season 4) and they changed powers again or something

krazen

It was less about the loss of Nathan (cause Rudy was equally awesome and worked) but the change of the tone of the show.

Its like the writers looked around after season2 ended and realized that they were building this whole mythos and world with serious storylines on top of the comedy...and were like "Fuck this, we aint signed up for drama, back to strictly dick jokes".

Its a shame, first two seasons is easily the best super hero show ive seen.

On the flip side they did keep up their spectacular streak of casting hot multicultural actresses as love interests which was a cool shake up to the usualy status quo (Nathalie Emanuelle aka dat booty gif, Ruth Negga who was the main villianess on agents o' shield) among others) up until the end, so there's that. Thus; Misfit writers suck, Misfit casting directors, you rule.

a.wd

I think they all made pretty good careers from the show, the problem is the 1st 2 series were so good, any change in tone is always going to throw people. Fwiw rudy is a fucking legend and the series is great on its own merits.

But over the top doesn't mean it's good...

You are right. But Misfits gets better with more over the top stuff. I mean the first 2 seasons had some really stupid shit (
A guy that can cobtrol the cheese in you and can kill you with it?
). And in season 3 they tried to have this nonsense from Season 1-2 again. We know where this went.

But season 4 and 5 were just masterpieces. We got Greg, finally a probation worker that
didnt die
and was awesome. Ruby being topnotch (performance was stellar. And he was funny). The topics in each episode were more serious and thats a good thing. But they always had this over-the-top feeling. And the last episode was like the first time where we got a bit superheroy misfits. It was simply different. If you roll with it you get some really cool stuff out of it.

I liked the direction of Season 4-5 more than the direction of 1-2. 3 was simply shit.

I feel like people are really exaggerating. There was certainly a dip in quality after Nathan left but it in no way became 'the worst show ever'. Rudy, Greg and Finn were all solid characters. The whole missing dick storyline and fucking the devil out of Finn was absolutely hilarious and there were plenty of episodes on par with series 1/2. Not too sure about Jess/Abby, they didn't really have much development.

And applying logic surrounding how much you could sell powers for goes against the grain of the show, which is often the absurd situations and humour (Nathan getting a bad deal). Why would any gang of people with powers continue doing community service and not just immediately rob a bank? I also don't see why people have more of a problem with storylines after series 2 when we had Monsieur Grand Fromage as a big villain in series 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom