• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp ( New Backlit Game Boy Advance)

ghibli99

Xdrive05 said:
You see, I'm whining and complaining like a little b1tch because that backlight freaking rocks, and they stealth launched it. I would've held off on my SP and bought this one if I had known. And would probably be a lot happier right now, let me tell ya. :)
It's a little like the iPod Nano (GBM) vs. iPod Video (backlit SP)... the iPod Nano launch was massive... everyone and their mom knew about it. But the iPod Video came out with like zero fanfare... it might be HD-based, but it's feature-rich, has a bigger screen, more storage, etc. The Micro is nice for its size, and I like the landscape controls, but it doesn't play GBC, the screen is tiny, etc. No wonder Nintendo didn't make a big deal about the backlit SP. It'd cannibalize Micro sales.

Xdrive05

Farore said:
So... they fixed the D-pad of the SP+? I don't see anyone complaining about it anymore...

What was wrong with it? Is it that "clickiness" thing?

I don't mind that too much myself.

mrkgoo

Xdrive05 said:
What was wrong with it? Is it that "clickiness" thing?

I don't mind that too much myself.

Apparently, the SP+ has the little bump underneath the centre of the D-pad missing, which allows the left and right directions to be pressed simultaneously. Not a problem for games like Advance Wars, but supposedly an issue for games such as Streetfighter.

Ryck

BocoDragon said:
Yeah, that's what I was saying.... the GBA play area on the DS screen is itentical in size to the original GBA screen.... He was implying that it was scaled up oto the larger screen, but it's more like it was letterboxed
I meant scaled down actually which it is. Look at samus's height.

BocoDragon said:
Yeah, that's what I was saying.... the GBA play area on the DS screen is itentical in size to the original GBA screen.... He was implying that it was scaled up oto the larger screen, but it's more like it was letterboxed

Ooh, gotcha. We need some better pics to see if this is true.

So, anyone know about Micro availability?

My only hesitation towards getting the system (and the Micro) is that I hear that some game makers took into account the shitty pre+ display, and they upped certain colors. So when its played on this new, superior screen, things look a bit out of wack, such as saturated colors. I guess its a minor complaint, but still...

AdmiralViscen said:
No one's forcing you to buy a Micro. And SP was a necessary revision.
Wtf?

whats wrong with you? Cant you see Nintendo is screwing up costumers by repeatedly "adjusting" their hardware? It almost forces people te replace the older ones if it has better functions.

Seventh Son said:
Wtf?

whats wrong with you? Cant you see Nintendo is screwing up costumers by repeatedly "adjusting" their hardware? It almost forces people te replace the older ones if it has better functions.

Okay.

Ever buy a car?

Ryck

Nice!

nds-console-lite-white-jap2.jpg

Top Bottom