• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Over the Garden Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

egruntz

shelaughz
Holy shit. Upon my first run through, this is my favorite animated series of all time. I watched it again several times now, forcing my friends and family to watch it too, and they love it.

This is a masterpiece, really it is.

What else is out there like this? I'm completely blown away! If you haven't watched it yet, do it! It's a mini series the length of a movie.

Prefect for autumn and Halloween.

Illucio

Banned
It's going to become the new Halloween classic to watch every year for sure.

It's amazing when you find a group of amazing artists and tell them to do whatever they want. I miss the dark/scary cartoon shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, so Over the Garden Wall really took it home with me.

Here's to hoping there will another great scary cartoon show in the future!

My favorite part was how the main kid felt like he was a loser but no one viewed him that way.

Taught me lots about how I view myself in the world.

Big Nikus

Oh, thanks for the discovery, I'm gonna love that.

edit: should I watch the short film "Tome of the Unknown" before ?

Choomp

Banned
Over the Garden Wall was really special. People who are a fan of those CN shows like Adventure Time really must watch this

I'm the highwayman

giphy.gif

Big Nikus

Someone answer this man. What is Tome of the Unknown?

I looked it up and it's the pilot of the series. I haven't watched it yet, but it's on Youtube : https://youtu.be/X-0vZeaIrFg
From wikipedia:
Originally imagined as a three-season television show, Cartoon Network asked for it to be a feature film. During production, the miniseries format that eventually became that for Over the Garden Wall was decided on. The film serves as the inspiration and pilot for the aforementioned miniseries, which premiered in 2014.[2] The network, whose animation studio produced the film, also served as distributor. Released in 2013 to multiple film festivals, Tome of the Unknown has received several accolades.

I think I'll watch it after the series.

Tizoc

What a coincidence I just finished watching it myself recently.

This show's a little too creepy for kids but I give it props for its themes.
I liked how Wirt is too ashamed and scared because of his interests and yet all the other kids seemed like decent fellows who'd appreciate Wirt for who he is.

Greg's innocence in the Unknown is quite cute and I didn't know he was supposed to be an elephant until near the end of the show :p

I really liked The Horse though, and was a little bummed he didn't become a regular but the ep. he was had some hilarious lines from him

Oh, thanks for the discovery, I'm gonna love that.

edit: should I watch the short film "Tome of the Unknown" before ?

Nah watch it after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom