• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Resident Evil Revelations HD

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've played this game 7 years ago on the 3DS but this is my first time experiencing it on HD, and on PS4. The only difference is that it's in wide screen and it's 60 FPS.

Overall I think this game feels a bit awkward in terms of framing and controls, not that it's a terrible game but it really works on portable consoles, not so on HD consoles. I feel like the camera is too zoomed in compared to RE5 (which I've replayed just last week) and the camera leans upwards by default, for comparison here is the default view of RER and RE5:

Resident_Evil_Revelations_XB1_PS4_-_0_5_png_jpgcopy.jpg

resident-evil-5-hd-analisis-ps4.jpg

Graphics-wise, this game looks fantastic on the 3DS but when brought to HD consoles, it looks a little better than RE4 but worse than RE5, it still look pretty decent and I enjoy the graphical presentation.

Controls-wise, this game feels a bit awkward too, especially when you use the right stick (camera pans and pans back to the original position if you let go). I got used to the shooting mechanic of RE5 but it took me some time to adjust again for RE:R.

Content-wise, you can tell this game really came from a portable game: bountiful tight corridors and very few large locations, not that it's bad for me (though it can get a biiiit claustrophobic), in fact it adds to the creepiness.

Overall, this is a pretty OK game for me (though I did get it for $10), it certainly is impressive on the 3DS but on PS4, it's just... Okay.

Somoza

It is worse than most of resi5 but still a good game, not worth its launch price, but worth it if picked at a discount or on sales (or the 3ds version wich is still a great showcase of what the machine was capable of). Also The Raid mode was awesome. Also, this game has the best unlockable skin for a resident evil character EVER. Sailor Chris is the best.

gvd2g5L.jpg

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's a dumbed down version of RE4.

Basically.

I'd say:

RE5 - Follow up to RE4 but not by a bit better due to bad co-op AI, but still good local co-op.
RE6 - An overbloated RE4 with 2/3 no horror elements anymore.
RE:R - A dumbed down version of RE4 but with slightly more horror elements than RE4.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I liked this game for the simple fact that it was the somewhat first attempt to steer the series in a survival horror direction again after a long ass time. But if you break down it wasn't more than a solid game. All the action sections aside from Jill were boring and there were some serious issues with the controls. Also, the final boss was ass.

Last edited:

Generic

Basically.

I'd say:

RE5 - Follow up to RE4 but not by a bit better due to bad co-op AI, but still good local co-op.
RE6 - An overbloated RE4 with 2/3 no horror elements anymore.
RE:R - A dumbed down version of RE4 but with slightly more horror elements than RE4.
RE4 didn't have horror elements. RE5 is RE4 for two players. RE6 is RE5 with revamped controls and combat system.

I liked this game for the simple fact that it was the somewhat first attempt to steer the series in a survival horror direction again after a long ass time. But if you break down it wasn't more than a solid game. All the action sections aside from Jill were boring and there were some serious issues with the controls. Also, the final boss was ass.
Yeah, the whole game was sold on nostalgia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom