• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The horrible and boring Expendables 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a movie is shit word spreads, and people stop seeing it. That didn't happen with EX2 it had incredible legs. It over performed internationally. I am not saying its the greatest action movie of all time, but clearly what is stated in the OP is not true.

Not sure if serious. Box office = quality? There are about ten billion examples to prove you wrong there.

I actually quite enjoyed the first one. Something about the action in it seemed much more visceral than the sequel and most action movies in general. The second one was just boring, played out and stupid.

First ones action was awful. All zoomed in, shaky cam, can't see shit garbage. 2 zoomed out, kept the camera steady and let us actually see shit exploding and going pew

We know he has one!

DoubleImpact.jpg

For years I had my nephew convinced that JCVD had a twin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First ones action was awful. All zoomed in, shaky cam, can't see shit garbage. 2 zoomed out, kept the camera steady and let us actually see shit exploding and going pew

Stallone, while being a great director, stumbles on action. He let that go for EX2 and the film is better for it.

If you want something like the action flicks of the 80s then watch Dredd. The OP's right. The characters were completely forgettable and I can only remember them by the actor's name and the action was boring because I didn't feel that there was any danger to the group.

Are you trying to argue that popularity is an indicator of quality? The only reason the movie did so well is because it has so many big names in it.

I'm really surprised there aren't more people agreeing with this post. The villain, death of one of the Expendables and Van Damme' plan carried no weight.

I've only seen the first and that was pretty horrible and boring. Instead of classic action stars fucking shit up, I got emo wrestlers drowning in self-pity and completely forgettable action scenes at the end.

Ryck

I enjoyed the second one for what it was and nothing more. But I did enjoy it and will watch a third if it is more like the second than the first.

Tookay

When a movie is shit word spreads, and people stop seeing it. That didn't happen with EX2 it had incredible legs. It over performed internationally. I am not saying its the greatest action movie of all time, but clearly what is stated in the OP is not true.

You think you're proving something about the film's quality, but you're not.

Appeals to popularity isn't an automatic validation of quality and doesn't refute a particular person's subjective interpretation of a film's quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom