• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: ThunderCats (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the OT thread got locked (sorry about that >_<!) I'll be posting my thoughts of the series as I watch it here.

I have watched the first 8 episodes as of now and I'm really liking it a lot so far.

Episode 5 Old Friends
*At the beginning Lion-O says "I thought he'd be bigger" when talking about Panthro making it seem that this is the first time seeing him but later in the episode there is a flashback with both of them in it.
*Panthro acting really annoyed at the Thundercats and questioning Lion-O's leadership since the beginning of the episode seems weird/forced for no reason.
*Lion-O acting stupid and just attacking the lizards at the mine when his team was leaving the area was a great moment for Panthro to actually question his leadership instead of the beginning of the episode.
*As of now my least favorite episode but not saying that it's bad, everything except how Panthro and Lion-O acted on the episode was good.

Episode 6 Journey to the Tower of Omens
*I hope that they explain why Jaga knows where the Book of Omens is but didn't tell Panthro or Grune, and I'm just gonna guess that not even the king knew that Jaga knew.
*WilyKit and WilyKat finally do something! I hope they help out and don't become just comic relief. While I'm talking about background characters I'm glad that Snarf isn't being forced on the screen as the cute pet of the team and just appears from time to time not being annoying... never cared for Momo on the Avatar series and how it kept cutting to him just doing random stuff.
*Although some people are going to hate how fast and out of nowhere they found the Book of Omens I'm glad that they didn't do like 10 episodes of "Sorry, but your Book of Omens is in another castle" like I preparing my self for.

Episode 7 Legacy
*Why does Lion-O have to play the role of Leo? It would have been better if it was just Lion-O reliving Leo's life through his eyes instead of taking full control of his body.
*I found it stupid and unnecessary how they introduce tension on the episode saying that if Lion-O fails reliving the events well enough the book will forever stop working, it really wasn't needed.
*My favorite episode as of now, gives all the animals a good backstory and more reason why the other animals don't trust the cats. Really gives more weight to what the two lizards during the first episode said about the cats keeping all the good lands making the story not just about Lion-O reclaiming the throne but becoming a better and more fair king than the others that came before him.

Episode 8 The Duelist and the Drifter
* I'm gonna guess that this is one of the "hated" episodes of the series but I actually liked it and have no complaints about it. Lion-O being tricked to accept the duel by insulting his father and after that not backing out makes sense to me. I would have hated it if he accept it from the beginning thinking that since he has the Sword of Omens he wasn't going to lose so "why not?" but he actually didn't want to do it until the Duelist insulted his father angering him and accepting without thinking it through and Lion-O regretting it latter. As to "why didn't he just forget the fight? it wasn't worth it", he's the king of the Thundercats now and his word carries weight so him saying he would fight but then backing out would be a disgrace, especially since the cats are raised with the mentality of "Thundercats do not retreat!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom