• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Yoshi's Island DS: a masterclass in level design

Peltz

I really thought level design was the biggest sore spot in this title. It's a totally functional game with great controls, but unfun levels.

I didn't think the character switching added to my enjoyment, either. It just made things feel inconvenient. Maybe one day I'll give it another try though based on OP's thoughts.

Yoshi's Island DS I didn't think was as good as Yoshi's Island or 3DS, but it was okay. It was serviceable, and I appreciated the difficulty, but it lacked the magic of the original.

I 100%'d Yoshi's New Island. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The music is terrible (there's a cool ragtime version and acoustic version of the song that are nice though). The rest of the game is pretty good. After a number of "different" Yoshi games I appreciated how closely it stayed to the original game's mechanics. Obviously, it doesn't live up to the original, but I think it's quite a bit better than the NSMB games. I'd say it's an above average title, but not something to show someone how good the series can be.

entremet

I was so bored, and confused why I wasn't having a good time because I loved the SNES game. I put in Yoshi's Island GBA into my DS Lite and the pacing was so much better.

There is something about the level design that was off about this game.
I agree. Poor music and pacing.

Game was super hard to 100 percent.

Top Bottom