• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Gameplay Videos with Audio

Hale-XF11

Looks absolutely amazing, BUT...I really don't like how all the rooms are lit up. Are there any pitch dark rooms or mansions where you have to find your way through the dark with your flashlight? Otherwise, what's the point in having one? Seems like that would make the game more fun and spookier. I wanna be frightened and surprised more often than not.

Also, the music is soooooo good.

loborzelda

Neo Member
According to IGN the controls have you use X to look up and B to look down. They didn't mention any Circle Pad Pro options.

King Boo

seems like luigi and the midget scientist are the evil guys in this game. those two green ghosts were minding their own business. they tried to start the car and got dirty. got lost looking for the shower, and when they finally found it, luigi captures them.

Fou-Lu

seems like luigi and the midget scientist are the evil guys in this game. those two green ghosts were minding their own business. they tried to start the car and got dirty. got lost looking for the shower, and when they finally found it, luigi captures them.

I always felt like a jerk capturing the portrait ghosts in the first game. Especially since most of them don't do anything until you piss them off.

King Boo
(Today, 08:03 PM)

lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Looks great. I really dug Luigi's Mansion 1 and am glad this is even happening, the superior brother needs another title under his belt.

Shahadan

Hmm.....Shit. I need to replay the first one now. Like, immediately. The worst thing is I have my copy next to me but my GC and my Wii are in another castle.

What to do. What to do. :(

Boerseun

Banned
I can't believe I've been waiting a decade for this to come out! The Wii would have been a more suitable platform, but we've had a million people saying the same thing and Nintendo havn't listened. So I guess we'll have to make do with a 3DS version. Still, I'll be there Day One all the same.

im buying a 3DS for this game! My most anticipated title of the year actually. Need to get back into Nintendo games, the Wii didnt really do it for me. Can't believe its been a decade since I last played LM1...

This + Paper Mario + NSMB2 + 3DLAND + others.... gunna be good

According to IGN the controls have you use X to look up and B to look down. They didn't mention any Circle Pad Pro options.

I would say that there is almost zero chance that Luigi's Mansion would support the Circle Pad Pro. Nintendo included support for the peripheral in Kid Icarus because they knew it would be useful to left-handed folks.

Are there even any games in development that support the Circle Pad Pro?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would say that there is almost zero chance that Luigi's Mansion would support the Circle Pad Pro. Nintendo included support for the peripheral in Kid Icarus because they knew it would be useful to left-handed folks.

Are there even any games in development that support the Circle Pad Pro?

Monster Hunter 4, presumably.

Saw the videos last night, have to say, I'm impressed.

It looks as fun as the original, at least, and looks quiet polished for a 3DS game. Hopefully, it sells well and continues the partnership between Next Level and Nintendo.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I love so much about this game. Here are my impressions:

The environment design is absolutely beautiful. Something about how everything is shaded in a simple way with simple geometry, but composed in a nice way. It reminds me of the DOTA2 trailer or TF2. I really love that approach to 3D. This game will still look good down the road.

Everything is responsive and fluidly animated. The game fills alive.

The "scale" of the game is just right. It's refreshing to see a 3rd person game that isn't hyperactive. The camera zoom level is perfect for the system, making the game feel like an interesting 3D diorama.

PK Gaming

That NWR gameplay sure makes the game look nicer than last year. I wonder what the story is about this time considering the "Dark Moon pieces". Next Level Games is doing a great job! Also, I'm quite happy that we haven't seen footage of the bosses (except maybe the spider). The boss we saw last year didn't appeal to me, maybe they're considering another direction for them? I hope so. Either way, I'm sure this will be a good sequel. I can't wait for it!

The average lenght of the game is around 5-6 hours. You must have went through it really slow to get that time. I did like 6 hours on my first playthrough and now I can clear it in around 2-3 hours. This is one of the things that I hope they fix, the lenght. But with the mansion variety this isn't looking like a problem.

Yeah I must have been suffering from some serious source amnesia. I ran through the game again and beat in about 5 hours. Haha

I think this may be the box art (looks real enough):
FJOnu.jpg

Hmm... Nintendo Network?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
the sadness of seeing a ghost dog....:(

but yeah, game's going to be great. I'm going to explore every single inch of it

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmmh, the cover seems real enough. And yes, the NiNe logo makes me wonder the online function of the title.

Ghost editor where we create our ghost and we can send it to others and it'll appear when they'll play ( and we receive what others did)?
DLCs ( downloadable manors)?
Online rankings ( for...I don't know what, time attacks? )?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mmmh, the cover seems real enough. And yes, the NiNe logo makes me wonder the online function of the title.

Ghost editor where we create our ghost and we can send it to others and it'll appear when they'll play ( and we receive what others did)?
DLCs ( downloadable manors)?
Online rankings ( for...I don't know what, time attacks? )?

Surprise online co-op mode with player 2 being... Mario for the first time ever?!

I'd love if this game got DLC mansions for the next two years. They could really mix it up with weather/holiday themed mansions beyond what's included in the initial game.

zroid

Banned
I'm only realizing now (unlike when I played Luigi's Mansion in 2001) that E Gadd isn't just speaking pure gibberish, it's more like pseudo-Japanese gibberish.

eXistor

The first one was fantastic but was very low on content. You basically saw what the game had to offer within half an hour. The sequel looks to remedy that and looks utterly great.

Mercutio

Ohmigod ohmigod. I'm so glad this looks as good as it does. The first felt like kind of a ripoff price-wise for the amount of content, but it was just too well crafted to be angry at.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Could be a spot pass/street pass feature? Or possibly DLC?

Can't expect any significant multiplayer features.

It didn't occur to me until you said it, but now I really hope the game includes StreetPass features. Nintendo has been on an absolute roll with StreetPass, every game I've played with it has used it really well. If we could get Ghost Data (no pun inten...of course that one was intended) of speedruns or something that would rock.

Bumhead

Banned
This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year. Looks fantastic. Love all the subtle animations and touches they've added to this one. I loved the first game but this one definitely looks like more of a fully fledged videogame, and makes the first one look like a proof of concept by comparison.

Excited. Visually looks great too.

I haven't played the original but from what I can tell is this one really going to be better?
LM1 seems like a take on the survival-horror Biohazard type of game and breaking the game up into multiple worlds I think will lose this. That said, if they can take the elements like getting scored and ranked at the end of the missions and make that really compelling I could see this being its own fun take on LM but a different direction.

Yuterald

Yeah, this game looks polished as shit! I can't wait for this game. Loved the original game and this is already looking pretty hot! Love the idea of a ranking system too!

Qurupeke

Why the ghost wears glasses. This is the most random thing ever. lol DL Manors is the most possible explanation for the NiN logo, but I wish for online co-op. :)

klier

Sorry for the ignorance, but what about Next Level? Are they Nintendo owned? Or second party? Or what?

I freaking love Luigi's Mansion. This game will buy me a 3DS, I just know it.

Top Bottom