• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupe Fiasco's new Rap/Rock Band - Japanese Cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcaneus

I like Lupe's music and he seems pretty decent, but he has acquired Kanye West's knack for saying too much at times.

Matix

I'm totally cool with Lupe doing his own personal side shit (still kinda iffy with teh *Japanese Cartoon* project). But hopefully the dude is still focusing on his hip-hop career, I'm still looking forward to the LUPend album.

Also, does anyone know whats going on with CRS (I fucking adored US-Placers and ENR)

karasu

omg rite said:
Would you kindly link to him having a bullshit political opinion? Or is this just more of the PeoenixDark Shitting On Talented Hip Hop Artists Tour.

Jesus, you defend EVERYTHING

PhoenixDark said:
Knee jerk, bullshit political opinion? Sounds like Lupe to me

hahahahah, yea.. but he came out and denied it.

BTW, in the same article he said that his next album is titled "everywhere" and will be dropping "sooner than you think". So maybe he's not done after this one..

Imm0rt4l

Byakuya769 said:
hahahahah, yea.. but he came out and denied it.

BTW, in the same article he said that his next album is titled "everywhere" and will be dropping "sooner than you think". So maybe he's not done after this one..
LupEND is comprised of 3 discs Everywhere Nowhere and Downhere

PhoenixDark said:

yea I saw that whole exchange with him and phonte on okayplayer, dude was on the defensive and I didn't like the way he came off. But there isn't anything wrong with him not growing up on Tribe or some of the more essentials stuff you'd think he'd be on. My only problem with it is he said he had no interest in listening to midnight marauders after Q specifically asked for him to perform. I aint gonna defend the dude, other than to say he's much more likable than most artists in the game imo. I dislike Kanye far more than Lupe, I don't look up to these cats so it's nothing really, I know they're not infallible.

DY_nasty said:
I don't think taking on a side project should be called a gimmick. Its not like he dedicated an album to lost girlfriends and synthesizers.
forgot the dead mom, and the album is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom