• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M2 President says "Contact Square Enix if you want Seiken Densetsu 3 in English"

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This needs more support... anybody here seen the petition being reported on a gaming website yet? Need more exposure.

Raitaro

This needs more support... anybody here seen the petition being reported on a gaming website yet? Need more exposure.

Want to know this as well. Anyone?

Haven't seen it being mentioned myself, but apart from Gaf and Giant Bomb I don't visit many websites anymore. Haven't seen Youtubers mention it either unfortunately even though I do follow quite a few channels.

I can't get over how perfect a game series this would be for Switch. Any and all SNES emulation is going to be awesome on this thing, and these titles are seriously some of the most amazing examples of it. The portability, the joycons for co-op, everything.

Indeed. I'd love to play this again someday with my mom back home, which is actually made easy with the Switch being so portable and multiplayer-ready. I'm sure that many of us that have fond memories of playing Secret of Mana with family or friends would love to revisit the game with them again - or try its sequel - and this Switch version would make it quite easy. Fingers crossed we'll get the chance to do so (in English).

Geddy

Hey square! I'd like to buy your seiken densetsu collection in english!

Maybe you could also charge a non-insulting price for this though. 30€ and I'll bite.

"Hey company we want this game localized"

"also we won't pay more than than half the price of a regular release"

You realize that localizing is also an expensive endeavor, right? Maybe not as expensive as a full game built from scratch, but still expensive...

"Hey company we want this game localized"

"also we won't pay more than than half the price of a regular release"

You realize that localizing is also an expensive endeavor, right? Maybe not as expensive as a full game built from scratch, but still expensive...

Yeah.

But 60€ for 3 ROMs is a too much, don't you think?

As much as I want this, I can't see it happening. Doesn't the game have a lot of text? It has different paths and slightly different campaigns so to speak. If I remember correctly, it's Secret of Mana times three or something like that.

Also, translating a SNES rom with the SNES limitations in this day of age. Feels like it would be too much work for them to even consider it.

hongcha

It looks like after 2 months only 855 people signed this petition? That's not going to get SE to pay attention. You'd need like 10 times that amount, at least.

Top Bottom