• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macron Campaign Emails Hacked and Posted Online

StayDead

Hopefully Le Pen gets destroyed so hard she quits politics. She's a horrible person.

I hope this doesn't hurt Macron's chances.

Tacitus_

I envy you're confidence. Nothing can reassure me at this point.

C_GKvkcXgAM_y_Y.jpg

It's all going to hell, Le Pen will get the 20% she needs to come even in two weeks , I mean one week, actually two days surely in one day.

mo60

Hopefully Le Pen gets destroyed so hard she quits politics. She's a horrible person.

I hope this doesn't hurt Macron's chances.
Nah.Unless she loses by an insane margin like 50%+ she will still stay as FN leader.Her father got destroyed in the 2002 presidential election and stayed on as FN leader for like another 9 years.What may make her quit politics are the political criminal cases involving the FN right now.She has been avoiding going to court over something kinda similar to Fillon's fake job scandal in the last fews months or so.

Charamiwa

Banned
Le Pen disastrous debate performance will have far more of an effect on the last minute voters than these emails. It is worrying for the future though.

To think, Le Pen is the one refusing to show up to hearings for her party's involvement in the fake job affairs at the european parliament, but Macron is the one under fire. I wonder if all those english alt right twitter accounts know any of that. I also wonder if they'll care about french politics Monday.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
1 day later and no dirt on Macron. The guy really seems both clean and competent.

I hope that Putin betting on a bunch of dead horses within EU will bite him in the ass and EU post this year's election will treat him as the stability threat he is.

Alx

Someone should translate the french post, this is too good.

Several reactions from the mentioned forum in the post :

"Crikey, you'd think the leaks are going to help Macron : the files show a guy who took care of everything and only focused on having a quality campaign"

"Strictly nothing, it's crazy. With Hillary there were many proofs of shenanigans (...), heavy stuff. With him there's nothing. The guy is 'clean as mountain water'". (French expression)

"I'll start to believe Macron's team leaked the emails themselves to show they're irreproachable and play the victim card"

"I'm not pro FN, but I hoped to find something at least. But frankly there's only stuff nobody gives a fuck about, that won't move the needle with even 100 000 votes"

"you have to admit, if there was something big we'd have found it in 9 Go"

Someone should translate the french post, this is too good.

La fachosphère du 18-25 le reconnait elle même, ils ont épluché les dossiers tte la nuit pour se rendre compte qu'EM est totalement clean.

The fachosphere of the 18-25 even admits it themselves. They combed through the files all night long to come to the realization that Emmanuel Macron is completely clean.

Deku Tree

Keep in mind also. The French don't care about personal information like people in other countries do. They consider personal information to be personal.

tuxfool

Banned
I posted this in the other thread, but it may be of interest here too, given that a few of the posts in this thread repeated bullshit spread by these mechanisms:

This may be of interest:

A Massive, Pro-Le Pen Disinformation Campaign Hits Twitter, 4chan, and the Mainstream Media

https://medium.com/data-for-democracy/democracy-hacked-a46c04d9e6d1

It's becoming clear that the goal here is not the truth, nor even believability. (Remember #pizzagate?) The goal of these disinformation networks is to control the narrative. Keep the ball on the other end of the field and take lots of shots, even bad ones. Control the ball, keep your opponent on the defensive, and they can't work their own offense. And who knows, they might slip up and let the game winning shot through. That's the playbook of these disinformation networks.

"The most prolific account tweeted 1668 times in the roughly 24 hours of data ― that's faster than a single (re)tweet per minute, all day with no sleep"

Keep in mind also. The French don't care about personal information like people in other countries do. They consider personal information to be personal.

And when they do find out certain things about politicians private lives, they seem to admire them more...Hollande and his rating going up after his affair was exposed remains one of the greatest political mysteries. That would be enough to sink a leader in some countries and yet in France it results in poll boost.

French politics is a different breed, you think you've figured it out and they throw in a crazy curve ball.

And when they do find out certain things about politicians private lives, they seem to admire them more...Hollande and his rating going up after his affair was exposed remains one of the greatest political mysteries. That would be enough to sink a leader in some countries and yet in France it results in poll boost.

French politics is a different breed, you think you've figured it out and they throw in a crazy curve ball.
Because the French are all beret wearing amoral existentialist monsters.

Mael

I'm on my way to polling place.
Yeah it's starting in 21 min from now (and east coast already started)

Mattenth

Do people just have an inherent belief that every campaign is doing incriminating stuff and openly e-mailing about it?

No, I was really just wondering if there was anything incriminating. A lot of the reactions are in line of "oh he's done for" and whatnot, but I haven't seen anything concrete from the leak.

Top Bottom