• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
To me Megan's just coming off as mentally ill instead of sexy. All of her scenes were hella awkward. It's kind of hard to understand why Don likes her considering his low bullshit tolerance. Betty is about 1000x more interesting, they should've just left Don single.

I don't get how Betty is more interesting than Megan, we saw more interesting things from Megan in this episode than all of the seasons combined in Betty.

-Mikey-

I don't get how Betty is more interesting than Megan, we saw more interesting things from Megan in this episode than all of the seasons combined in Betty.

I'm not surprised by everyone hating Megan. It's to be expected that she and Don will not last but until then I'm enjoying her a lot and surprised by how much screen time they gave her tonight.

1RwMW.gif

xmcS4.gif

iPXT7BxFeeClN.gif

ibiHQm379WCl59.gif

Vyer

Just watched.

1. Was kinda awkward at the begging for some reason, but picked up nicely.
2. The shift in Pete-Roger's relationship is hard to adjust to.
3. When did Harry get so slimy?
4. "not at your fighting weight" lol
5. I'm going to look forward to describing offices as "shitholes with a support beam" in the future.
6. Megan dance. damn
7. Pryce's phone call and cab action vs treatment of Joan. An interesting character

So glad Mad Men is back.

Skyrim

Banned
First time in Mad Men I find Peggy attractive, but damn Megan. Now, I know why Don married her. I wish that carpet scene was on HBO

really go opening

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hooray! Mad Men <3 Great premiere episode. Loved that it was a slower, re-introductory affair, with hints at some upcoming story lines, like Pete being unhappy with Trudy's appearance/homemaking skillz or Roger's ever increasing obsolescence.

But...Baby testes? That was certainly unexpected and weird.

I really missed Betty, but I look forward to the Weiner interview tomorrow discussing his reasons for leaving her out. Probably due to her pregnancy or something. Anyway, I can't wait to find out what she's been up to. It was also nice to see Don interacting with Sally, Bobby, and Gene. We're on the 5th (4th?) actor for Bobby, and they've finally seen fit to give him some lines. Let's hope he's a good actor and sticks around this time.

Damn, poor Joan. Locked up with a screaming baby, her mother and no one else. I felt so bad for her when she was asking Lane about her old job.

Anyway, thank goodness the best show on TV is back. Feels good man.

Great fucking episode. So glad the show is back.

Looks like Don is enjoying some kink with Megan. That scene with Stan & Harry talking about what Harry would do to Megan was hilarious. Loved Joan's minor breakdown in Lane's office. And that line about Negroes in the office by Cooper was so crazy.

The review I read was right when it said this opener didnt have the content to justify two hours.

That said, its clear its purpose was to sell us Megan and her role in the office after that bomb last season, and it worked pretty well. There wasnt much drama, but it gave us a nice refresher course on who these people are after so long between seasons.

hamchan

Holy shit Megan is so incredibly hot. Like, the hottest girl that has ever been seen on this show. When Don screws it up somehow I will be so fucking angry at him.

Joan was also hitting highs on the hot scale too.

Also Pete finally taking on Roger. I sure hope he manages to take over Roger's position, he deserves it.

Anyways I am so happy Mad Men is back. Love this show so much. Felt like there were a lot of laughs this ep too.

Arcteryx

The review I read was right when it said this opener didnt have the content to justify two hours.

That said, its clear its purpose was to sell us Megan and her role in the office after that bomb last season, and it worked pretty well. There wasnt much drama, but it gave us a nice refresher course on who these people are after so long between seasons.

Yea it honestly felt more like a recap than an actual episode(s).

Zou Bisou Bisou bitches

Acrylamid

While this is not a spoiler in the truest meaning, I tag it nonetheless, since many people don't read the openings credits and they often function like spoilers (e.g. Aaron staton being listed in every episode of season 4 in spite of Ken not being a part of SCDP in the beginning)

So, have you noticed that we got THREE new main characters (= characters whose actors are part of the main cast) this season?
They are:
Jessica Paré
Christopher Stanley
Jay R. Ferguson

Jessica Paré (Megan) was as a surprise before the first episode (the actors weren't even allowed to confirm that Don and Megan were really married). But after seeing "A Little Kiss", it's clear that she will be an important character at least for the season (if not for the rest of Don's life? Let's see in June...)

Jay R. Ferguson (Stan) was part of the promotion campaign for season 5, so it's not that big of a surprise. Nonetheless, there were many additions to SC(DP) that never got promoted to the main cast (like Mark Moses / Duck Phillip), so it's an interesting addition, although the return of Sal looks even unlikelier now.

Christopher Stanley (Henry) - Now that's a surprise! The speculation that we will see much less of Betty, maybe even a "convenient death" of the character, seems to be very far away from what Matthew Weiner envisions for the future of the show.
Personally, I hope that both extremes (Betty getting written out vs. Betty and Don falling for each other again) won't happen, and that we'll see an interesting evolution of Betty's character.

Jesus Christ. That was so good!! Took me a few minutes to remember the names/faces but when it clicked was when the party started. So fucking good! Now I have to wait an entire week!!! D:

Ænima

That was great. They've really made Megan a lot more interesting than she appeared to be last season.
Agreed. Often I find Don's different romances to be the least interesting part of Mad Men, but I really enjoyed Megan in this episode. I loved it when she told Peggy that their office is full of cynical assholes.

Divius

Great episode, was sucked in from minute one. My favorite TV show is back, and it feels good.

Dat ad backfire
Dat pilar
Dat Megan
etc

Dat everything

sammich

I like how Pete's house looks just like Don and Betty's. He's even coming home late and there isn't a hot meal for him.

I thought the same.. it threw me off for a sec. I thought that Pete bought Don's old house. And this episode rocked. I loved it. Was a bit weird, but Rogers frigging rocks. I think Don and Peggy would be the perfect fit, but that would never happen.

hamchan

I too love Roger. I think his ability to keep his position while seemingly doing nothing is pretty damn impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom