• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Season premiere tonight:
Severance

Don attempts to track down a friend; Joan tries to solve a problem with an account; an unlikely person sets up Peggy.
The episode is scheduled to run five minutes past the hour.

Also note that the marathon of S6 and S7 part 1 is currently airing on AMC.

3Kgo2Vm.png

- Onion A|V Club: How a resurrection really feels: On Mad Men and rebirth
For a show so taken with themes of death and rebirth, it’s no surprise that Mad Men makes its final (half) season premiere on Easter Sunday. From the moment viewers thought to ask, “Who is Dick Whitman?”, Mad Men cemented itself in the foreground of any television-based conversation about what it is to be born again—even if not in a strictly theological sense. Time and again throughout its six-and-a-half seasons, Mad Men has dug into what it means to find new life out of life’s ruins.

The theme is ever-present throughout the run of the show, whether it’s Joan finding a way to secure her future at the firm after becoming a single mother or Betty using her newfound backbone to secure a life more to her expectations. The series is dedicated to portraying all of the many ways people attempt to reinvent themselves in the wake of misfortune.

Pryce

So I caved a few days ago and listened to the song at the end of the episode tonight.
Is That All There Is? By Peggy Lee

I wonder how they're going to introduce it. It's not a "traditional" song.

Mato

Need to go through first half of the season again before watching this. I don't even remember we it left off.

Maengun1

Less than 7 hours ;_;

Definitely watching "Waterloo" again before the premiere. And when the series ends, complete rewatch is in order.

Decided to do stuff around the house with the marathon on but when I first turned on the television the first scene I saw: "Abe got stabbed..." :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is this being put up on Netflix after it airs like Saul?

big ander

Wish I'd had time to rewatch more but hopping between later season episodes has been nice. Ideally I'd see The Wheel or The Arrangements or Chinese Wall or The Beautiful Girls or Gy Walks into an Advertising Agency or The Jet Set or...jesus this show has a lot of fantastic episodes. Anyway, I've seen seasons 1-4 two to three times each so focusing on 5-7 has been satisfying. Rewatched Field Trip just now, the Betty and Bobby plot there is so perfectly frustrating. Hamm's delivery on Don's "ok" at the SCP return stipulations is breathtaking.
Is there a decent recap of where things left off? I skimmed the OP but didn't see anything.

The wiki summaries felt sufficient to me.

Top Bottom