• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Truck unlockable in Burnout Revenge (pics)

DMczaf

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=27143&mode=thread&order=0

burnoutrevengemaddenbus0864ft.jpg

:lol :lol God damn NFL2K Terrorists! YOU HATE FREEDOM!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wario64's Boycott list:

Next Generation gaming
Soul Calibur 3
We <3 Katamari
Burnout Revenge

Matlock

Banned
jarrod said:
EA is forcing them to put more cars in the game! 1.5 cars on EA, 1 on Criterion! OMGZ and what about PORTABLES guys? PORTABLES GODDAMNIT!

pre-emptive, of course.

Lil' Dice

Banned
I'm gonna love blowing up that goddamned truck, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, AGAIN!

DMczaf

Lil' Dice said:
I'm gonna love blowing up that goddamned truck, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, AGAIN!

EA announced today that if you have Madden 06 and Burnout Revenge, the game will detect save games and unlock the Madden Challenge Bus as an unlockable car.

And EA will be counting your money while you do it.

Well, as Matlock has inferred, I don't know why anyone would be upset at this move now when it's been used in other games, and not many has complained. Here's just a few I can think of in the last few years:

Dante in VJ
Dante in a RPG I never played (Atlus, right?)
Spiderman in one of the Tony Hawk games developed by Neversoft
Cloud, Aerith in FFT
Cloud, Tifa in Ergheiz
and I know you kids can name more

maybe it's just additional EA hate *shrugs*

Matlock

Banned
WasabiKing said:
Well, as Matlock has inferred, I don't know why anyone would be upset at this move now when it's been used in other games, and not many has complained. Here's just a few I can think of in the last few years:

Dante in VJ
Cloud, Aerith in FFT
Cloud, Tifa in Ergheiz

Solid Snake skateboarding!

Matlock said:
Why, because Acclaim didn't put a naked titty girl on a bike and Turok on a dinosaur in the game first?

That would've led to excellent Crashbreakers.

*pedal**pedal**pedal* *whump* *BOOM!*

Exploding naked people and dinosaurs would've landed the games even more awards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WasabiKing said:

Dante in VJ
Cloud, Aerith in FFT
Cloud, Tifa in Ergheiz

Dante in VJ (have GC version, not PS2 version)
Dante in a RPG I never played (Atlus, right?): (sorry don't own SMT3 either)
Spiderman in one of the Tony Hawk games developed by Neversoft (i jumped ship from the THPS series when you can play as darth maul)
Cloud, Aerith in FFT (i hate Final Fantasy)
Cloud, Tifa in Ergheiz (see above)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
well at least those chaaracters above dont act like an advertisement. they are just basically cameos in another game, where as the madden truck displays a friggin URL and shit

Yeah, the Han and Indy don't bother me at all. Like it has been said, they are cool fan-service cameos.

However with the truck, I find that just sad.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
All these potshots at EA because they put the Madden Challenge Bus in the game?

I need to accept that the Gaming side of GAF is not the place for any logical discussion about anything. How in the fuck can a Bus in a racing/crashing game make you feel sad?

Lil' Dice

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
All these potshots at EA because they put the Madden Challenge Bus in the game?

I need to accept that the Gaming side of GAF is not the place for any logical discussion about anything. How in the fuck can a Bus in a racing/crashing game make you feel sad?

Sniff!.....I'll tell you why after i finish crying....

dskillzhtown said:

you'd think so too if you were a complete a total douchebag.

Wario64 said:
well at least those chaaracters above dont act like an advertisement. they are just basically cameos in another game, where as the madden truck displays a friggin URL and shit

Cameos are ads no matter what you think. What it does is sell the game they are in. EA decides to sell BOTH games by getting some Madden players to consider buying Burnout 4, while constant reminders of the Madden Challenge Tour during the peak season of the contest (September-November) for Madden players. It's not even unlockable if you don't own Madden 2006, and why would you care about it if you don't own Madden.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
well if it can't be unlocked without madden, then i guess it's fine with me. the boycott list will be revised

EAJAPAN

I love Madden, and I like Burnout, but that's as lame as it gets.

Burnout is fast becoming a stale franchise.

EAJAPAN said:
I love Madden, and I like Burnout, but that's as lame as it gets.

Burnout is fast becoming a stale franchise.

because there is a TRUCK with a madden advertisement on it? Jesus fucking christ. If this were Namco putting a "Katamari Damashit" truck in Ridge Racer i bet the reactions would be far, far different. OMG HOW OTAKOOL!

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
because there is a TRUCK with a madden advertisement on it? Jesus fucking christ. If this were Namco putting a "Katamari Damashit" truck in Ridge Racer i bet the reactions would be far, far different. OMG HOW OTAKOOL!

Or if Magic Johnson was in Dr. Mario as a bonus level.

EAJAPAN

Ninja Scooter said:

That would be just as bad. Actually worse since the Madden truck + Burnout is a combination of two good games despite how lame it actually is. Katamari + Ridge Racer would be the combination of an overrated pile of shit and a good game.

Mrbob

How can we bash EA for exploiting Madden without posting pics of perhaps EAs greatest exploit of all time!

Caratula+Michael+Jordan:+Chaos+in+the+Windy+City.jpg

Michael%20Jordan%20Chaos%20in%20the%20Windy%20City.gif

mjordan-pic.jpg

DM I know you have at least 10 copies of this game stashed in the basement!

Lil' Dice

Banned
What does Madden have to do with EXTREME car racing?
Is it that they're both over-the-top sim wannbees?
Is it? LOL!

Top Bottom