• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 Story DLC Road Map

dex3108

M3-Asset-release-timeline.jpg

PAID STORY EXPANSION CONTENT UPDATE

For all our fans out there dying to head back to the bayou, we've got more paid story content coming your way. This is what your Season Pass covers – three major paid expansions delivering the next chapters in the Mafia III crime drama, plus more locations, action and rewards to Mafia III.

Ever since the team wrapped production for the game's launch, we've been hard at work expanding the world of New Bordeaux. So, with that, here's what you can look forward to in 2017. As we said above, keep in mind that precise dates may shift.

”Faster, Baby!"

End of March 2017

Fast cars, dramatic chases, and epic stunt driving take center stage as Lincoln joins forces with Roxy Laveau, a sister-in-arms out to take down a corrupt Sheriff terrorizing Civil Rights activists on the outskirts of New Bordeaux.

”Stones Unturned"

May 2017

When a merciless rival resurfaces in New Bordeaux, Lincoln must join forces with CIA agent John Donovan to settle a blood feud that began in the war-torn jungles of Vietnam.

”Sign of the Times"

July 2017

A string of ritualistic killings has New Bordeaux on the edge of terror. At Father James' request, Lincoln agrees to hunt down the cult responsible, a quest that will take him from the dark heart of the old bayou to the drug-ridden counterculture of the inner city.

All three of these story expansions will deliver tight, focused, and compelling narratives, while also introducing new gameplay mechanics, activities, environments and rewards.

3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ”FASTER, BABY!"

We recently chatted with Hangar 13's Narrative Director, Bill Harms, about Mafia III's upcoming DLC. We'll be revealing all of the details on ”Faster, Baby!" in the coming weeks, but here's three things to keep in mind:

We listened to you, our fans, and we're delivering another killer story. This tightly-told tale gets you right into the action and doesn't stop. As Bill Harms says himself:

Harms: ”We were really humbled by the response to the characters and the story in Mafia III, so we wanted to double-down on that as much as possible, while also providing players with different gameplay experiences. Mafia III focuses on the systematic destruction of Sal Marcano's empire, racket-by-racket, while all of the expansions tell direct, linear stories."

We're introducing you to a whole new part of New Bordeaux you've never seen before.

This story expansion features intense action, highlighted by thrilling stunt driving and high octane car chases in the bayou!
In the coming weeks, we'll be revealing much more on ”Faster, Baby!" including its incredible new environment, strong female lead, new gameplay mechanics and activities, and of course, the DLC story expansion's power-crazed antagonist. Stay tuned right here on the Mafia blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to get the news right as it hits.

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-iii-the-story-continues-in-2017/

Story DLC content will be integrated in main game and all new areas will be accessible at any time. I am not sure about new gameplay or DLC items.

Nowise10

Surprised the story DLC's don't have one focused on playing as John, the FBI dude.

Also confused on when these DLC's take place, considering some endings for the game have Lincoln leaving/dead.

These DLC probably have you do the same missions twice just like the full game.

Each DLC probably has 10 hours of content and about an hour that you actually want to do.

Raptor

Still waiting for a sale to dive in, I need a half price sale cause thats what I got.

$30 dlls come one!!

GonzoCR

Sounds interesting, a little disappointing there's no DLC for Donovan, though. Dude was awesome. As long as they deliver the great gameplay of the base game with a better paced story I'll be happy.

Alienous

I feel like they'd be better off just working on a sequel.

I have no confidence in the content being good considering how rote the design of the main game was. The story could be interesting, but it'll also be on YouTube the day of release.

I'm hoping these smaller stories will play to strengths of Mafia III and avoid all of that open world bloat

There's still a great potential with this game that could be met with these stories. Just a bummer that potentially the best stuff could be relegated to DLC

Harms: ”We were really humbled by the response to the characters and the story in Mafia III, so we wanted to double-down on that as much as possible, while also providing players with different gameplay experiences. Mafia III focuses on the systematic destruction of Sal Marcano's empire, racket-by-racket, while all of the expansions tell direct, linear stories."

YES the linear missions were the best part of the game by a mile.

opricnik

Banned
Man i am so sad they delivered unsatisfaying sequel to Mafia 2.

Which was in top 5 game for me last gen.
Still didnt played 3 but Reviews and some videos of doing same thing all over like CrowbCat,Angry Joe soured me from game. I will play end of the road but still.

I was Day 0 for Mafia 1-2

Maybe they will return back to 40-50's and Italian Mafia for sequel

Mr. Tibbs

Sounds great. Glad to hear they listened to feedback. Looking forward to seeing what the new mechanics are and playing out new adventures in New Bordeaux.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm certainly ready to jump back in. 3 Story DLC sounds great to me if that can recapture and build upon what was in the main game, as that was easily the best part of it all.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Maybe while they're at it they can patch the PC version so the reflections and volumetric effects don't tank the framerate.

Takuan

I should pick the game up again, was working my way through before taking a detour to mess with Fallout 4 mods. Definitely more about the narrative than the gameplay, which is pretty average so far (might be a bit more than 10 hours in, maybe things change).

Highlight of the game so far is Joey Coco Diaz.

The problem I have with issuing DLC content so late in a game like this is it really tells me to not bother buying single player games at launch, just wait 9-12 months until the "full" thing is done and you get all the benefits of patches, DLC content, lower pricing, etc.

I don't have a problem with DLC itself, most Ubi SP games tend to release the DLC content within a few months of release so you can play the game, and by the time you are done you can finish the DLC and then give the game away to friends (or trade it in). Or something like Uncharted 4 or Infamous where the DLC gets a standalone release so you can play without having the original game anymore.

I did buy mafia 3 deluxe at launch, played about 30% and then quit and traded the game in. Did recently pick it up again on sale (half price) and will tackle it after I finish dishonored 2, but I dunno maybe I am just alone but I really don't like this DLC model that sorta encourages you to hold on to the game for a long time, which to me just tells me not to buy this kind of game at launch.

Not bad seeming I got the deluxe edition for a tenner from a misprice on game.co.uk

Same, also makes the repetitiveness way easier to swallow!

Hopefully this extra content will alleviate that even further, since I'm sure the complaints would have been an influence on how they structure these.

JosephB2K

Neo Member
Surprised the story DLC's don't have one focused on playing as John, the FBI dude.

Also confused on when these DLC's take place, considering some endings for the game have Lincoln leaving/dead.

If you're a fan of Donovan, there's going to be a lot to love in "Stones Unturned." Donovan was stuck in his motel room for a lot of Mafia III, so it's going to be fun to have him out in the field with Lincoln.

The DLC's run concurrent to the main game, so you can access them anytime after the first sitdown with your three underbosses.

Ashtar

Sounds interesting, a little disappointing there's no DLC for Donovan, though. Dude was awesome. As long as they deliver the great gameplay of the base game with a better paced story I'll be happy.
It's the second dlc focused on him?
I still need to pick up this game, I'd put it off because of incoming patches and wanting to play other games but what I played was pretty good

Another one who got the deluxe version from Game for a tenner. Like the look of the expansions - am currently working my way through the game at the moment and been having a blast.

I'm having a really good time with the game right now. I hope that the DLC is more like the intro though because that was on another level entirely.

dex3108

If you're a fan of Donovan, there's going to be a lot to love in "Stones Unturned." Donovan was stuck in his motel room for a lot of Mafia III, so it's going to be fun to have him out in the field with Lincoln.

The DLC's run concurrent to the main game, so you can access them anytime after the first sitdown with your three underbosses.

Will new gameplay mechanics and items be available only during DLC missions or in entire game?

LAM09

On the fence with the DLC. Have no worries about the story element, but I ain't paying to essentially play the same mission multiple times.

GonzoCR

It's the second dlc focused on him?
I still need to pick up this game, I'd put it off because of incoming patches and wanting to play other games but what I played was pretty good

Oh, seems I didn't read the OP that well lol. Really excited now. I loved Lincoln but Donovan was also really cool.

arcticice

I was wondering yesterday which was the worst game i played in 2016, and now this picture shows up, making things clear.

Top Bottom