• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia: Definitive Edition |OT| You never show me any respect....

Komatsu

00-MAFIAOT01fixed.png

JrUISRv.png

FB9BxEU.png

0r1jleU.png

OL45tVZ.png

Last edited:

Komatsu

As someone who sunk 100h on the original, this looks gorgeous though it is still a 2002 game at heart

Senua

The original PC release is one of my fav games of all time, despite the slight watering down of gameplay and chracters i'm still pumped. The atmosphere looks to be nailed tbh.

Siri

Banned
I bought this and am awaiting the unlock. I consider this to be a B-title.

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

Anyone playing on PC please share performance opinions, i need to know if this runs good or shit like Mafia 3. Thank you very much love for all.

Denton

8 minutes left...

I wish it wasn't 1:33 AM here, eyes are getting a bit tired but I will play at least first couple of missions.

HotPocket69

Banned
Started a half hour ago and just finished the tutorial on PS4 Pro. Gorgeous game. Driving feels good (in the cab at least). Solid acting and music so far.

Mista

Banned
Love how this opens up with some OG Ass Creed messaging. The Ubi gay genderfluid diverse circle was complete and now we’re back to simply a team of various religions and beliefs

Cpy6fKQ.jpg

Looks damn good though!

tb2EMqs.jpg

5ONMQEq.jpg
Thats on a Pro? God damn I am hyped to see the performance on PC

Starting now *fingers crossed for a good optimization*

HotPocket69

Banned
Does the game feature the same score and Django Reinhardt tracks in the radio?

I dunno bout Django but there’s a bunch of Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway and shit on the two radio stations while you drive around. It’s awesome.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Goddamn, you do the the little hop animation while moving forward after aiming like Lincoln in Mafia 3

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

GOTY

Last edited:

RNG

The car explosions seem pretty bad? Just went through that mission were you throw molotovs at it. New Paulie sounds like he has a cold. Where's Sam's green tie at?

Skifi28

On a PS4 pro: Looks great minus car refelctions that can be pretty rough, framerate appears pretty solid. Biggest issue so far has been trying to get used to the camera shifting when cornering. I was surprised to find out they kept the option for manual gear changes and was also happy to see free ride on the main menu.

Mista

Banned
There’s something off in the game when you turn the camera. Can’t tell what is it, but it gets kinda heavy with a bit of tearing.

HotPocket69

Banned
There’s something off in the game when you turn the camera. Can’t tell what is it, but it gets kinda heavy with a bit of tearing.

Not for me. Camera feels fine. The game overall so far to me feels just like the most updated version of Mafia 3. That Hangar 13 jank still there on occasion 🥰

I fucking LOVE that ambient hanging track when you’re in the map screen or looking at pickups 👌🏼

Denton

I played little less than 2 hours so far. I like it.
It is not “Mafia: Definitive Edition” - that would be the 2002 original by far - but it is a very enjoyable modern game inspired by the original Mafia game. Some changes are for worse, some for better, but it feels like a very different game. Even when playing on classic difficulty, with simulation driving and cops, it feels more arcadey. Characters look, speak, and in some ways behave differently. But it still enjoyable. And graphically beautiful. And unlike Mafia 3, I haven’t seen any technical issues yet and it never dropped below 60fps.

Technical Stuff - Resolution 2880x1620, max details, 60fps vsynced, GPU (RTX 2080Ti) was utilized from about 65% on average, so there is a space to go higher with resolution.

Looking forward to playing more tomorrow. Doing the race!

Last edited:
When you fire your tommy gun into a car does it still get shot up real good? I remember that being really cool in the Mafia PC demo I played back in... whatever year... you tend to inflate things in your memory so I could be wrong about how I remember it

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

A friend just told me he has a problem like this. When he moves the camera it has the same effect as with the TAA but in a very heavy way. I dont have this problem (and I'm sensitive to this effect) so maybe it's a bug ? Running full maxed out, my friend play on high.

Kylars Bluff

Neo Member
Looks really good on my X1X. Beautiful looking game. Very enjoyable and no issues (unlike Mafia III) during the first 3 missions. Love the gear shifting and radio.

Ozzie666

Tempted to play it again, after 18 years. That ending is one of the best in the business, that end credits music tune, still fills my brain even today. They better not have changed that stuff. The story, the writing, the characters. It was one of those gaming experiences I've never forgotten. I recall the game had a bit of 'jank' even back then, but it was a fun time.

Then I remember the nightmare of the racing mission.. I heard that's been fixed. So tempted to pick it up.

Top Bottom