• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia II Multiplayer - Alpha Testing

iNvid02

k2uGE.jpg

BUGS

It's still really early so expect a lot of bugs.
The forums are the best place to track/submit bugs and see fixes
http://www.m2-multiplayer.com/tracker/

What is Mafia II Multiplayer?

Mafia 2 Multiplayer is a free Modification for Mafia 2 that allows users to play each other over the internet or a LAN with up to 34 other players.
We're using dedicated servers in which server owners can create their own custom gamemodes using squirrel with the ability of doing almost everything that you can do in singleplayer.
We're working on bringing the best possible multiplayer experience for Mafia 2 fans.

gQrTc.png

Main thing to keep in mind is this is really early alpha testing and buggy. And it probably wont be as fun as Just Cause 2 mainly because of the world/options that game offers. But there is some fun to be had here.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What is up to all of these sudden multiplayer mod testings for awesome single player games? Whatever the case, hope to hop aboard this (and Just Cause 2's) when I get my new PC in a few days, both are fantastic single players games with a lot of promise with a multiplayer mod.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't see this having the same potential as JC2, but i'll keep an eye on this thread.

Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2 are very different games. Just Cause 2 is probably more 'random fun', as I will call it. This has appeal to, but in a completely different sense.

iNvid02

there is nothing to do right now, no cars or npc's walking around and you cant kill other players

but there 1-2 shops around, i shot up a gun dealer and got a magnum
smashed up a clothes shop and killed the 2 npc's inside

everything works pretty well for an alpha build, but im gonna wait for the beta at least because there is not much to do

Card Boy

Banned
One of Mafia 2's biggest faults is it has literally nothing to do in it outside the story missions. I don't get what having multiplayer would achieve, would people just race each other?

Wildesy

there is nothing to do right now, no cars or npc's walking around and you cant kill other players

but there 1-2 shops around, i shot up a gun dealer and got a magnum
smashed up a clothes shop and killed the 2 npc's inside

everything works pretty well for an alpha build, but im gonna wait for the beta at least because there is not much to do

Well at least it's faithful to the single player campaign.

iNvid02

One of Mafia 2's biggest faults is it has literally nothing to do in it outside the story missions. I don't get what having multiplayer would achieve, would people just race each other?

race and kill i guess, cause some havoc and do stunts in cars

right now there is no npc's or cars or pvp damage so there is literally nothing to do

the game doesnt have the potential jc2 has for multiplayer, but it might be fun for a bit

IA of the police and people was really awesome. You could rob a shop and not kill the people, so you went out and do things, if you came again to that shop there would be a policeman talking with the people in the shop, and they could recognize you and tell the police.
If you killed the people inside and go out and come later you will see the polcie do not cross line.
And you could start a fight with a gang, put your weapons away, and if the police came and saw the gang attacking you without you acting they would arrest or kill the gang and you would be saved, same with starting havok at the gun store.

And Physix in high with the explosions... DAYUM!

If they could expand the game adding mods to the multiplayer like robbing banks with people and things like that, it could turn really good.

Top Bottom