• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
I had to get in 3 mentions a day on each product.

Windows 10:

This message was pre-written because I like inflating my post count early getting in there right away to hunt no-fun-allowed scum:

In typical fashion, I'll be passing my vote around because it acts as my motivator to get people talking and my indicator that I find something suspicious. In lieu of any actual activity yet, I pray to RNGsus and, of fucking course, it drew a 4 so:

VOTE: Darryl

I'm sure he'll love that but hopefully he'll come out and say hi and maybe we can go from there.

As per my usual warning. THIS IS DAY 1. That means I don't want to see any role claims, hard or soft. If you are up on the chopping block and you are fun-aligned then by all means, do whatever you can to defend yourself and if you have to claim, hopefully someone can protect you tonight but that is a last resort and shouldn't just be assumed. You aren't actually on the chopping block until the end of the day, don't start cracking under pressure just because there is one vote on you. No-fun-allowed team, ignore all of this advice, please crack under one vote and role claim right away so that we can figure out who of you is best to lynch first.

I was actually worried that my computer wouldn't be ready for posting since I decided to install windows 10 last night but everything went swimmingly and I'm quite happy with the results.

Damn right my first post got it in

Maybe if Tim had actually told us when the game was starting exactly, I could have posted first like I always do but he had to make it a surprise apparently. I was too busy making sure FFXIV was working fine with my MS 10 install
protip: it works like a dream

I mean, we are in line for a nintendo product, so what better time to talk about the best company and their newest OS?

What? No, I'm not, I'm a botting script.

Xbox One:

It's out in the open now. I'm trying to pander a bit so that I can actually survive to the end. Want to come over to my house, maybe play some of my super cool xbone game? Maybe try out the NX and ditch this shitty line?

Seriously though, the way Fire flips will probably say a lot about a lot of people. I'm willing to go down without a fight tomorrow if he flips town. Either Burb is taking me for a ride or Fire is full of shit.

Fine fine, whatever, my post doesn't mean much anyway. It offered no defense to the person you were asking and all it does is just invite someone to figure out another scenario that actually works (which is good, I'd love to know if I am missing something).

I'll go back and lick the wall in the corner, maybe moo a bit, drop a turd or two, then go inside and buy games for the superior xbone.

I have no issue turboing Fireblend because as I said earlier, I have no issues ending a day early for confirmed scum. I believe Burb's claim and because I know what I am, I know that means that Fire must be the killer (or there is a ninja and EVERYONE AND THEIR FUCKING MOTHER visited Ouro last night).

Don't confuse Burb for a protector of myself, I have to claim anyway.

My role is the Rich Kid. I am spoiled because my parents buy me whatever I want, including the newest NX console last week, along with the awesome Xbox One and the PS4. They can buy me anything I want except for friends. My role is that of the neutral survivor. Also, because I have no friends (and here's the part where Tim is a dick and no one believes me), I've developed weird hobbies and habits. One of those habits is that I believe everyone should be allowed to identify however they like, even if they feel like they should have been born as a cow. I have one night action. I am allowed to LICK another player and in the morning, they will wake up with a cowlick. I have two win conditions, if I meet either then I leave the game. The first is your typical survivor schtick. If I make it to the end of the game, then I win because I got to spend a lot of time with everyone and make new friends. The second is if everyone else in the game (I can't lick myself) has a cowlick then I am satisfied with my cow persona and I also win that way.

So there you are, have my claim, and know that I do play with the intention of killing scum. I'm not the type of player who can make it to the end of a long game so I did what any good neutral player would do. I 100% sided myself with town and am hoping we can end this swiftly and quickly.

I took awhile writing this up just now, I saw something else posted I want to respond to.

Yes, I snuck a product reveal INTO my role claim lel

--------

Windows Phone:

I chose the miller that everyone trusts this time. I'm aware that I'm probably screwed if he is scum hiding on a miller claim but if we ever get around to killing him, I'm sure I'll have other successful licks.

*texts a winky face to everyone from his windows phone*

You give me a hard time when I'm on my windows phone, it's only fair.

Please, windows phone is better than anything you have, the true scum tell is that you would argue. Back on topic, here is my reasoning for a Salva vote:

I will probably end up agreeing with a Salva lynch today but I'd rather keep my vote on Blarg for now. I like to pretend that he is scrambling to come up with a story in the NFA chat though he is probably just busy or something.

Bing:

Proud of this one above.

Do I need I need to continue my joke from yesterday and bing something for you again?

I'll walk it step by step though. I will be licking TIME OR LAUNCH.

The reason I list both is because ONE OF THEM MAY DIE BY LYNCH TODAY.

If NEITHER dies by lynch then I will be choosing LAUNCH.

In summary, Launch will wake up with a cowlick unless we vote to lynch him today then Time will wake up with a cowlick. Scum can dick around and kill my intended target but that would still prove the same point because then NO ONE would wake up with a cowlick.

Double author's note: Why is it every time I pre-write something for this game, something happens that negates a lot of it, well whatever, I went thought the trouble of typing this so I'm still going to post it. I know it holds less weight after the post roy just made (at the time of me writing this)

Note: This was a pre-written message to be deployed in between a majority vote being reached and the results being announced. If that does not occur, it will deploy at exactly 1:00pm EST

bINg iS quITe AN eXCeLlenT sERvICE, ISn'T IT?

*cough* *cough*

I hope you chose wisely town, I have been acting in your best interest up until today but scum has done quite a good job of hiding and we seem to have failed. I think I've figured out the pair of scum left (and I do hope it's a pair or this post is going to fuck me over) and if we end up hitting one of them today then my contract with all of you can continue, however if we miss scum again, I'll have to offer my services to the scum team. A mislynch today would put us at 3 town, 2 scum, 1 neutral tonight, if they kill a town member tonight instead of me then that would put the vote at 2 town, 2 scum, 1 neutral. I'm sure you can see where this is going. All they have to do is vote together tomorrow and I'll happy to be the hammer that ends it. I hope you all understand that my win condition does come first and the end of this day phase marks the turning point where I am no longer scared of being lynched and instead need to guard myself from the NK crew.

This one didn't actually count because it came after the hammer. I didn't know how Tim would treat mentions during the twilight phase but I was allowed one failed day so I risked it.

-------

Microsoft Surface (ie, the day I dropped all bullshit pretenses and went for it):

I LIVED, OH THANK JESUS, LET'S KILL THE LAST SCUM BOYS.

also something something I'm posting from my sweet microsoft surface today.

I understand, it was just annoying from my perspective since I've been swimming upstream since day 2 of this game. I'm getting tired and now my best position to win is finding scum today so I'd rather not re-tread old ground.

Does anyone want to check out my awesome Microsoft surface? It's way better than that NX in there.

A quick bing search tells me that the fabulous Microsoft surface is capable of supporting SNES emulators so you'll be able to play any of the good Mario games!

MOVING ON

Though Darryl's plan is probably more beneficial to me, I have very little confidence that I will survive another night kill. So, I'll pass.

CzarTim

Hey Tim, was this part of Burb's PM actually an ability of any sort? Was he hidden from Roy?

To be fair, after roy flipped, I knew it wasn't you.
He would have seen him, yes. The counter to Roy was you and Launch. The counter to fire was burb. The counter to darryl was L_P (though he would have needed help from either kark or burb to find him.)

Sorian

Banned
He would have seen him, yes. The counter to Roy was you and Launch. The counter to fire was burb. The counter to darryl was L_P (though he would have needed help from either kark or burb to find him.)

Weird detail to add to the role after it seemed like the flavor was done and in its own line. I would have totally crucified a tracker based on this if I had noticed it.

CzarTim

Weird detail to add to the role after it seemed like the flavor was done and in its own line. I would have totally crucified a tracker based on this if I had noticed it.

You're right! His role name would have been ninja watcher, though. I would have clarified if someone brought it up.

nin1000

Banned
lol, I'm actively trying to do that currently, which might get me lynched, but so be it.

Dont worry mate. Obama's got your back
obama09.jpg

Regarding the insane post count, well there should be limits in my opinion

squidyj

Dont worry mate. Obama's got your back

Regarding the insane post count, well there should be limits in my opinion

every system proposed has been awful. I think the awfulness of any attempt to limit post counts will be far worse than the unrelenting screed of unlimited posting.,

I will be posting considerably less next game. I was actually doing that in the election mafia, other than a few arguments where I was pushing people.

Darryl

Banned
I had to get in 3 mentions a day on each product.

Windows 10:

Damn right my first post got it in

Xbox One:

Yes, I snuck a product reveal INTO my role claim lel

--------

Windows Phone:

Bing:

Proud of this one above.

This one didn't actually count because it came after the hammer. I didn't know how Tim would treat mentions during the twilight phase but I was allowed one failed day so I risked it.

-------

Microsoft Surface (ie, the day I dropped all bullshit pretenses and went for it):

Well now I regret not reading the thread

Top Bottom