• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
QuantumBro says he switched Kalor and Ward, but then hinted at this yesterday in a way that made sure Kalor was still on everyone's radar, but then didn't try and save him by saying "no, I'm the switcher, so he is town". QuantumBro knew for a fact that the someone tried to kill Kalor that night, but didn't do much to prevent the lynching. You might say he kept that role hidden to protect himself, but he was apparently already convinced he was going to die last night, so why not just let it all out and save a life you knew to be innocent?

Well I still wanted the chance to stay in and revealing myself then would've definitely killed me. In hindsight, I should've done more to protect Kalor, but I guess I gave up after seeing everyone vote for him.

I also suppose that if Quantum switches me with someone during the night, I can be saved from a kill while protecting someone.

This is a good idea, but we shouldn't necessarily say who's going to protect who, cause we could get the Mafia to waste a kill. You can protect either me or ultron and I can switch either you or ultron. Really wish we could coordinate this over PMs.

I'm glad we're starting to get a loose idea of roles here, because the last couple of days voting has felt really flimsy and in the end, it's been wrong.

Do we know (roughly) how many town/mafia we are likely to have left on each side?

Palmer_v1

Not for certain. I've been assuming with 27 starters, we had 4-6 mafia. A lot depends on neutral roles and killing roles though. At this point, I assume about 1/4 of us are mafia.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That seems like a bullshit role. I assume crab would've specified if that role was in the game, given how easily that role can screw things up though.

I will confirm there are no Jesters. I strongly dislike the role and think it interferes too heavily with established game mechanics.

Timeaisis

Well, in that case.

VOTE: Amir0x

I do hope that we do get some more information on the events of N2, but as it stands, Amir0x is undoubtedly the most suspicious, and I feel inclined to get my vote out in the open as soon as possible.

Amir0x

Banned
There's being an ordinary tourist and then there's "Hahaha, I'm an ordinary tourist guys!!! For real though, I'm totally a regular tourist!". I'm sorry if you're a tourist, but those kind of posts are a bit distracting

Is there a role that wants to be lynched in mafia games?

I mean I just read the tea leaves. It's a game so I'm not going to get all annoyed if I'm lynched. So since I am a tourist and many of you are intent on believing otherwise, I will at least get enjoyment out of seeing the confusion that results from you guys taking out your other thought process. Because that's what I'm trying to emphasize here: nobody is making good arguments, so we're cutting off each others throats. Everytime I ask someone to highlight a good argument about someone, nobody does. It's not very helpful.

You guys will be completely aimless again after this vote, so I hope that convinces you guys the arguments are the problems here. :p

Again my vote is random, being chosen here simply because the guy above voted for me:

VOTE: Timeaisis

Would love to hear an argument that tells me a path of which voting is not random ;)

pants

Nobody makes good arguments because the information available needs to be crafted into a narrative to have it make sense. Nothing in this game is black and white. (except what crab says)

MattyG

Banned
I'm going to be keeping my vote from last round, unless some evidence comes out that changes my mind.

VOTE: Amir0x

I'm sad to see Kalor gone, but not really surprised they were innocent. I would have tried to tie, but I'm not close to convinced that Arim0x is Mafia either.

It's nice to see that we'll hopefully have some direction in the coming days. I'm worried about the risks that come with role claiming, but we need some clear direction soon.

Amir0x

Banned
Nobody makes good arguments because the information available needs to be crafted into a narrative to have it make sense. Nothing in this game is black and white. (except what crab says)

Right, but that's why votes seem random and to work toward Mafia. For example, I readily admit I have no strategy except to scroll through weakly presented arguments and to go with my gut. Because I believe simply refusing to lynch night after night would probably be bad overall, I am trying my best to parse through awkward behaviors and figure out where I stand.

I know after Kalor I had the most votes so I'm surely next to go; my job now is to try to convince people as to why we keep making these bad choices with people. I'm an Ordinary Tourist and the Mafia got us where they want us because we are now fighting over tedious stuff and trying to find suspicions in the most innocuous behaviors :p

Karkador

Banned
I know after Kalor I had the most votes so I'm surely next to go; my job now is to try to convince people as to why we keep making these bad choices with people. I'm an Ordinary Tourist and the Mafia got us where they want us because we are now fighting over tedious stuff and trying to find suspicions in the most innocuous behaviors :p

Then convince us?

I read your posts and I feel like you aren't even reading half the things being said in this thread. It's really strange. It makes me wonder if you have users on ignore for whatever reason (this is still GAF, I suppose) and simply not seeing the things people are saying.

I mean, we just practically had a huge info dump this round, and your response is "I have no idea what direction to go in". Really? Did you catch up with the thread at all before posting that? That's all you have to say about it?

If you want to "parse through awkward behaviors", let's start with you, because you've consistently been the most awkward player I've seen in the game; not paying attention to the thread, constantly editing your posts despite being warned about it, posting during the night phase, and acting like nobody is saying anything important. I'm not the only player who has found this bizarre.

Now, I've already gotten burned once for voting against player behavior - so I'm willing to retract my vote on you if you give us some better reasoning for your behavior. I'm highlighting that so you might not skim over it.

Palmer_v1

Then convince us?

I read your posts and I feel like you aren't even reading half the things being said in this thread. It's really strange. It makes me wonder if you have users on ignore for whatever reason (this is still GAF, I suppose) and simply not seeing the things people are saying.

I mean, we just practically had a huge info dump this round, and your response is "I have no idea what direction to go in". Really? Did you catch up with the thread at all before posting that? That's all you have to say about it?

If you want to "parse through awkward behaviors", let's start with you, because you've consistently been the most awkward player I've seen in the game; not paying attention to the thread, constantly editing your posts despite being warned about it, posting during the night phase, and acting like nobody is saying anything important. I'm not the only player who has found this bizarre.

Now, I've already gotten burned once for voting against player behavior - so I'm willing to retract my vote on you if you give us some better reasoning for your behavior. I'm highlighting that so you might not skim over it.

He's either the worst tourist player, or mafia. He should been lynched several days ago. I wish I had focused on him earlier instead of irfaanator.

I don't really understand why so many people seem to be inactive now as well. We only have 5 or 6 actual votes in right now, which is disappointing.

He's either the worst tourist player, or mafia. He should been lynched several days ago. I wish I had focused on him earlier instead of irfaanator.

I don't really understand why so many people seem to be inactive now as well. We only have 5 or 6 actual votes in right now, which is disappointing.

I haven't voted yet because I didn't want us to reach consensus before the info dump happened. If we get to close to the cut off vote, the mafia could flood it all at the end, cause us to miss information, and then kill ultron, karkador, or QuantumBro.

I want to vote amir0x, I just want to make sure we don't miss any information. I'M pretty convinced that he is mafia based on his behavior, however if we can deduce a "gaurAnteed mafia" kill then we could potentially get two (one today and one tomorrow)

Rembrandt

Banned
Then convince us?

yeah, his doubling down on the "there's really no good proof" thing is odd considering the way the last page went. I feel like he's skirted his way around dying by constantly being given the benefit of the doubt. idk. I'm still trying to process everything on the last page with all the roles and stuff. pretty interesting.

Zatoth

With all the new information we got today, I have no idea anymore what is going on.

Amir0x seems like the obvious choice. But so did egruntz.

I am also not sure what to make out of him being so "happy" about being lynched.

ultron87

Yeah, I dunno. I'll vote Amirox because he's being so outwardly suspicious. Shrug. It is kind of difficult to actually accomplish anything when the majority of people aren't saying anything. It is entirely possible most of the Mafia are just in that group instead of the main players in our little role claiming drama.

Vote: Amir0x

Timeaisis

Yeah, I dunno. I'll vote Amirox because he's being so outwardly suspicious. Shrug. It is kind of difficult to actually accomplish anything when the majority of people aren't saying anything. It is entirely possible most of the Mafia are just in that group instead of the main players in our little role claiming drama.

This is my biggest fear. The mafia could just be being quiet the entire time, which would give us absolutely nothing to go on unless we get some information from the cop or someone else.

I do feel that one of the three people who targeted me on N2 is Mafia, if what Karkador is saying is to be believed.

Regardless, Amir0x is the best bet for tonight.

Did we ever find out who the 3rd person on night 2 was?

I've been pretty busy this week between trying to sort out my sleep pattern and work haven't really had time to properly read this thread. I'll give this day phase a read tomorrow and post any thoughts I have and my vote before the deadline. I dunno how you all keep up.

Zatoth

Did we ever find out who the 3rd person on night 2 was?

I've been pretty busy this week between trying to sort out my sleep pattern and work haven't really had time to properly read this thread. I'll give this day phase a read tomorrow and post any thoughts I have and my vote before the deadline. I dunno how you all keep up.

Keep in mind that this day ends tomorrow.

Right now it takes 10 votes to do a "strict majority Lynch". So as soon as there are 10 votes for someone the day ends, even if Crab is not here.

Currently the votes stand at:

Amir0x has five votes and Timeasis has one

So unless I miscounted, that is where we stand.

I'm going to do some vote analysis
Day 1: where we voted no lynch, For this vote and all other votes I have highlighted the dead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Vote Count |

No Lynch: 14 / 14 [Amir0x, nin1000, pants, johnnyquicknives, irfaanator, traube, kingkitty, Zippedpinhead, RobotNinjaHornets, El Topo, Karkador, Lord of Castamere, QuantumBro, Palmer_v1]
I find it weird that of the 14 people who voted that day only 2 have died (Johnnyquickknives, and irfaanator)

Day 2 Barrylocke died in the night:
| Vote Count |

egruntz: 11 / 14 [Kalor, Timeaisis, Rembrandt, johnnyquicknives, Karkador, irfaanator, pants, Zippedpinhead, StayDead, El Topo, Lord of Castamere]

johnnyquicknives: 2 / 14 [egruntz, Duress]

No Lynch: 2 / 14 [traube, ultron87]

Kalor: 1 / 14 [Ward]

17 of 26 people voted, people who did not vote are: absolutbro, amir0x, kingkitty, mattyg, nin1000, Palmer, Quantumbro, robotninjahornets, and tomakasatnav. Personally, I jumped on the Egruntz bandwagon, my main reasons were I thought he could be a mafia person that was kind of on tilt (distracted). An interesting observation, everyone we voted for day 2 has died and been a tourist.

Day3 Duress died in the night proving that at least two killers were operating (he had to have been attacked twice, and since he died night two it meant that he should have been hit night one). Based on Ultron87, timeasis was visited by three people and did not die, two of which were Quantumbro (who says he switched timeasis with Karkador) and Karkador (who is kinda/sorta claiming to be the doctor or protector of some kind):
| Vote Count |

johnnyquicknives: 5 / 12 [MattyG, El Topo, Lord of Castamere, Foshy, Karkador]

Kalor: 4 / 12 [traube, kingkitty, Amir0x, Quantumbro]

irfanaator: 3 / 12 [Timeaisis, Palmer_v1, tomakasatnav]

Amir0x: 2 / 12 [pants, StayDead]

Timeaisis: 1 / 12 [Ward]

nin1000: 1 / 12 [johnnyquicknives]

Palmer_v1: 1 / 12 [irfanaator]

Karkador: 1 / 12 [ultron87]
18 of the 24 players voted in this night, of those 18 two of them died that night (ward and foshy), the people who did not vote were Absolutbro, Kalor, nin1000, rembrandt, robotninjahornets, and myself. I didn't vote because I completely forgot to get my vote in. I'm not sure who I would have voted for anymore, but I think it is very interesting that Johnny went from no votes to lynch in 24 hours. To be fair it was close, had extremely "low" vote totals, by far our most fractured vote.

Day 4 voting Foshy and Ward died in the night, and assuming quantumbro is not telling a story that kalor was the original target meant for Ward:
| Vote Count |

Kalor: 7 / 11 [kingkitty, Amir0x, Timeaisis, Rembrandt, traube, irfaanator, RobotNinjaHornets]

Amir0x: 4 / 11 [Kalor, Palmer_v1, ultron87, Zippedpinhead]

No Lynch: 3 / 11 [QuantumBro, Lord of Castamere, pants]

I am going to go ahead and add the "straggler votes"
Straggler votes (added separately from the official total, but I am looking at them anyway)
Amir0x: MattyG, Absolutbro
No Lynch: Staydead, nin1000

Now I am not going to get into the force no lynch debate again (Pants and I just fundamentally disagree on it being used as a tactic). I think Pants has a point though in that we need to focus on communication so that we can avoid having to even FEEL like we have to use this.

This vote would have been very close (if all the votes had counted, I understand rules are rules) and did have lots of votes cast (even if four were not counted). 18 of the 21 players voted in the previous day, with el topo, karkador, and tomakasatnav not voting at all. 3 of the voters for Kalor from the previous day voted for him again (Quantumbro switched his vote, as he knew since kalor didn't die on night 3 that the odds of him being mafia were smaller).

General voting information:
If you count all the players, then every remaining player has voted at least once and the only remaining players that have only voted once are Absolutbro and tomakasatnav.

Palmer_v1

For the record, and not that it affects what you're posting much, but I did vote on Day 2, for Irfaanator, but Crab missed it. I'll quote it momentarily.

damnit! I missed a highlight on Johnnyquicknives on day 3...

also observation based on my wall of text, I think if us tourists have a cop, he must have terrible luck on who he has investigated so far. This is based on the fact that most of us have voted for a tourist that got lynched.

but to be fair based on everyone else revealing stuff, It would not surprise me if he had looked into some of the same people ultron87 looked at, just on different nights.

and a vote by palmer for irfaanator on Day 2. Sorry

I am not going to name names, but I think that we have five mafioso. I think I have three of them figured out, but the last two are tougher, Its between three people (with two being mafia), but I just am not sure...

I don't think crab would assign us an even number of mafia, just to make their voting easier.

nin1000

Banned
Thanks for the info Zippedpinhead.

as for my vote, well i still dont know about amir0x since there are several other players that are not even participating or just posting once just to not get a warning. For me that is far more harming for the town than Amir0x.
I will hold my vote for the last hours but will vote in the end.

Karkador

Banned
Thanks for the info Zippedpinhead.

as for my vote, well i still dont know about amir0x since there are several other players that are not even participating or just posting once just to not get a warning. For me that is far more harming for the town than Amir0x.
I will hold my vote for the last hours but will vote in the end.

After what happened to you last round, why would you hold your vote 'til the final hours again?

nin1000

Banned
After what happened to you last round, why would you hold your vote 'til the final hours again?

Since there are still 16 players missing from voting i do not think that my vote will have any impact for now. I do not say that i wont vote i am just saying that i did not made up my mind yet Sir. you could ask the remaining players why they are still waiting to give up their votes aswell.

Personally I was waiting for today. Like I've said before I wanted to make sure we got all the information out of the day before we lynch someone.

vote:amir0x

kingkitty

some interesting discussion, although it doesn't give me strong confidence that Amirox is mafia, but hey, maybe we'll be lucky here.

vote: amirox

My no votes (apart from the first day where I was idle) really should have been no lynch votes - just didn't agree with the main votes.

I was hoping today's vote was going to be something due to all the info that came out, I'd Amirox mainly due to his reaction?

What time is day ending?

I'm not completely convinced by Amir0x, I think he's probably just kind of bad at this. That said, given the absence of whoever the third person on night 2 was, and that it's also a possibility that he's playing the badness up and it didn't quite go as he anticipated, I'm gonna go

Also he's clearly fucked at this point anyway :p

Karkador

Banned
My no votes (apart from the first day where I was idle) really should have been no lynch votes - just didn't agree with the main votes.

I was hoping today's vote was going to be something due to all the info that came out, I'd Amirox mainly due to his reaction?

What time is day ending?

There's no sense in a lynch today on the info that came out, but let's keep it in mind for the next day. Honestly. I wish more people would have commented on it.

As for the night phase, I expect that someone will look me up to try to confirm what I said, which is fine. I should not be revealing who I'll target next night, but I'll try my best.

I'm not gonna cause the lynch of another innocent unlees I'm 60% sure they're Mafia.

The arguments against Amir0x are unconvincing, it honestly feels like he wants to be lynched. Maybe he's just done playing? Idk, if he wants to die fine, but I'm not voting for him.

VOTE: No Lynch

Almost forgot to get my vote in. Amir0x seems like he's going to be lynched, but I'm still not entirely convinced he's Mafia. I'm more tempted to vote for him since he hasn't been of any help this whole game, but that's voting should be done. It's not going to make a difference, but...

As for tonight. Karkador should protect ultron87, I'll switch Karkador with someone at random, and ultron should investigate me since I'll probably be killed. Tomorrow you'll have at least one confirmed Mafia member to go after.

Its been a pleasure everyone.

El Topo

I would honestly prefer it if we focused on the inactive players that "stayed hidden", some of which are most definitely mafia.

I didn't want to vote for Amir0x for a while because the general reasoning was his inactivity, which - given my own - I couldn't really blame him for. Some of his explanations though were unfortunate and I can't help but feel that he is mafia or just not helpful.
vote: Amirox

I won't wait all this long with voting next time though. Fairly certain on several mafia members at this point. I should've been more active instead of letting others control the flow of the game, I guess hindsight is everything. It sucks that I haven't had the time to really read through everything, e.g. it's possible we have a cop and he's been (secretly) trying to feed us information.

I will confirm there are no Jesters. I strongly dislike the role and think it interferes too heavily with established game mechanics.

Thanks for the info. I agree on that role.

pants

Apologies, I fell asleep last night. If this vote doesnt count so be it, but I'd like to make it anyway.

Although I suspect Amir0x I don't think I can lynch him given the evidence we have. Yes he's a distraction, but I dont believe he should be lynched based on that. I expect that when we finally do hit a mafia target in the lynch, voting patterns will become strange and erratic. I haven't seen that this round, this is playing out exactly like our previous suspicions. I don't want to make this mistake a second time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Day ending shortly. Today was also my birthday. :3

Amir0x

Banned
Happy birthday Crab.

I'm not gonna cause the lynch of another innocent unlees I'm 60% sure they're Mafia.

The arguments against Amir0x are unconvincing, it honestly feels like he wants to be lynched. Maybe he's just done playing? Idk, if he wants to die fine, but I'm not voting for him.

Honestly I don't want to be lynched, but people keep saying good arguments are being made and I should look harder. Well look all the arguments are against me, and I'm a tourist. Says something about the veracity of any 'good arguments' :p

I'm just not going to get on a pulpit, when I'm lynched I can still enjoy the fireworks :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
| Vote Count |

Amir0x: 11 / 11 [Palmer_v1, Karkador, Timeaisis, MattyG, ulton87, Zippedpinhead, kingkitty, nin1000, RobotNinjaHornets, El Topo]
No Lynch: 2 / 11 [Lord of Castamere, Quantumbro]
Timeaisis: 1 / 11 [Amir0x]

Amir0x, the Ordinary Tourist, had a majority of the votes, and was therefore lynched.

Night 5 has begun. Night 5 will end on Tuesday 24th February at approximately 22:00 GMT.

Please do not post in this thread until Night 6 has finished.

Top Bottom