• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I swear, Im loud on day 1, die die first, and a bit of a worrywort with the llanners. And suddenly Im a memetic badass mafia player. I hope I'll live up to your expectations. :p

Catch 22: die early or disappoint everyone.

Palmer_v1

That is ok Crab! Hopefully everyone who signed up can play, but if someone has to leave, or can not play I will gladly step up.

Either way both threads are getting Subbed when it pops up.

I look forward to the cross-thread trolling when Moderators are late with updates. How could your lover leave you behind like this, though? El Topo is ice cold.

Edit: and double post, but I'll leave it in honor of the no edit rules for the actual games.

Karkador

Banned
it's funny that most of the veterans on my side are people i either killed or targeted.

making me clean up my own mess, are you?

I look forward to the cross-thread trolling when Moderators are late with updates. How could your lover leave you behind like this, though? El Topo is ice cold.

Edit: and double post, but I'll leave it in honor of the no edit rules for the actual games.

I will miss El Topo, but even if I hadn't drawn the short straw, I think Crab would have executive ordered that we get separated anyway. We probably would have ended up on separate vacations/cruise ships/spaceships/deserted islands/isolated villages.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So where do we play this? In this thread? Anywhere I can go and read a past one?

Each game will get its own thread in Community so that this thread can sink back into the depths and not disturb people who don't want to see it too much longer. If you check the first post of this thread, it links to our first completed GAF Mafia game at the bottom.

So where do we play this? In this thread? Anywhere I can go and read a past one?
Here is the link to the first and most recent game: Previous Mafia Thread: When Death is on the Line. This was the first one of its type here on GAF. Featured all the expected GAF happenings (the ban hammer did descend to some of the players, for a short while), game deaths, climactic "Phoenix Wright/Danganronpa Villain" death freakouts, intrigue, suspense, Romance (well sorta... I was part of the Lover team), and was a great time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Can I play? Or has the game already started?

You just missed sign-ups, but the odds are fairly high someone who has signed-up will drop out or not respond, so you're now 2nd on the waiting list and are fairly likely to get replaced into a game. :3 If you miss these games, don't worry, you get first priority for the next set.

El Topo

You know what? I think I'd give up my spot for Zipped if that's okay with you guys. If this game lasts another four months I'll most definitely not have the time that I spent last time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to when Zipped ends up replacing for a mafia and kills El Topo in a fit of passion the next night.

Yo Crab, what about Haly? Didn't you say that they were banned until May 5th? It would suck if they missed the boat. I'm not sure if I missed it but pants should be on some list.

So excited to play a game here! Slightly concerned with a couple of hopefully reformed mafia members
Jk
. But hopefully we'll get a good one going!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yo Crab, what about Haly? Didn't you say that they were banned until May 5th? It would suck if they missed the boat. I'm not sure if I missed it but pants should be on some list.

So excited to play a game here! Slightly concerned with a couple of hopefully reformed mafia members
Jk
. But hopefully we'll get a good one going!

Haly will be fine. MattyG and Kark will spend the next 5 days making sets, I'll spend 2 days going over them. That takes us to the 30th. They'll then PM everyone their roles and wait for responses, which will take about 3 days, and then it'll need maybe 2 more to get replacements if necessary. That starts us on May 5th, which is exactly when haly comes back anyway.

Palmer_v1

Haly will be fine. MattyG and Kark will spend the next 5 days making sets, I'll spend 2 days going over them. That takes us to the 30th. They'll then PM everyone their roles and wait for responses, which will take about 3 days, and then it'll need maybe 2 more to get replacements if necessary. That starts us on May 5th, which is exactly when haly comes back anyway.

Actually, your list IS missing Pants. Did he not volunteer to play again or did we miss him?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, your list IS missing Pants. Did he not volunteer to play again or did we miss him?

I don't think he posted in this thread. I admittedly used the list Lord drew up, so if Lord missed him I also missed him.

You know what? I think I'd give up my spot for Zipped if that's okay with you guys. If this game lasts another four months I'll most definitely not have the time that I spent last time.

*sniff* This is the best love story since 50 Shades of Grey.
;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Zipped replacing El Topo, then, and Hobo up to 1st on waiting list.

Timeaisis

I think you mean.

Lynch: Tim EA ISIS

EDIT: My one regret is I won't be in this game with my bro, Palmer_v1. I'm expecting a lot from you, Ultron. Don't let me down.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, Crab, thanks for doing some of the organization even now.

Can you link us to some resources for setting up a balanced game?

Swamped

Banned
Here is the link to the first and most recent game: Previous Mafia Thread: When Death is on the Line. This was the first one of its type here on GAF. Featured all the expected GAF happenings (the ban hammer did descend to some of the players, for a short while), game deaths, climactic "Phoenix Wright/Danganronpa Villain" death freakouts, intrigue, suspense, Romance (well sorta... I was part of the Lover team), and was a great time.

Oh that sounds so fun! Can't wait to get started in this round! I'll probably die first...always do lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, Crab, thanks for doing some of the organization even now.

Can you link us to some resources for setting up a balanced game?

Erm. I don't actually know of any good ones. It's something you learn by doing. It's more useful to look through lists of roles, find ones that look interesting, and see what could have interesting interactions. For 23 players, you're looking at around 3-5 mafia unless you give the mafia very strong/very weak powers, and you'll want some other killing roles too, although not necessarily non-aligned ones like you were. You'll want between 1/4 and 1/2 of town to have power roles, but most of these will be 'fluff' - a bit of interest, but not necessarily super powerful. Basically, just design something and I can provide critique, it's easier to respond to specifics.

For example, with our game I knew a) I didn't want to have a cop for the first mafia game because I wanted to encourage people to develop scumhunting skills without relying on power roles, but b) I did want there to a relatively powerful town information finder, so I used the relatively common tracker role, c) I wanted mafia to have a counterpart to the tracker which was similar but not the same (Castamere's role), so that when I used d) the Sleepwalkers, they could distract town AND mafia in slightly different ways (which they did). Stuff like that is how you do it, balancing comes after you find the interesting mechanic interplay.

I actually checked this last night to see what I was in for here, and ended up reading through the entire thread. Crazy stuff.

You know what? I think I'm gonna step down. Not sure if I can find the time for another four months and I'd really prefer not to only show up once every few days.
So yeah, please replace me with Zipped. I'll still follow the game a bit though.

Thanks Man! That is pretty awesome of you, maybe next time!

Zipped replacing El Topo, then, and Hobo up to 1st on waiting list.

I will be ready!

Top Bottom