• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Palmer_v1

The results are actually quite sensitive. I got two slightly different answers for 5700 words and 6700, despite the 6700 words just being a few more longwinded posts on top of the 5700.

1,600 words

5700 words

6700 words

I ran some essays I wrote in college through it and got something totally different but the "You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done." is consistent in all my writing apparently.

It'd be interesting to do this with a single poster among different games to see what personality traits they employed. Actually you know what I'll do this with myself.

Do me. Ive been town scum and neutral now!

Darryl

Banned
i think squidyj's and haly's are pretty accurate with how i read their posts. squidyj being impulsive and haly being shrewd and indirect

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Results:

A selection of my longer, more fleshed out Animal Crossing posts, at 4228 words.

You are a bit indirect, guarded and excitable.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of efficiency.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with achieving success: you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents.

Archer, 3519 words.
You are unconventional.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

RetroMG

Based on my first 10 or 20 posts in Cthulu:

You are a bit compulsive and easily rattled.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. And you are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys.

These traits are probably universal for Mafia games unless someone is roleplaying really hard. You're going to get a lot of sentence fragements and contractions in your posts. They're going to be highly technical and analytic, not at all prosaic.

And they're going to be short and to the point, aka, efficient, because there's a lot of information to convey.

nin1000

Banned
Based on Cthulu

You are a bit inconsiderate and skeptical.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of well-being.

You consider achieving success to guide a large part of what you do: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person. You don't find tradition to be particularly motivating for you: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.
Seems bout right :p

cabot

I couldnt be bothered scraping together posts, I'll do it with MGS though.

I did however do a blog post I wrote back at the beginning of 2014 about my favourite TV shows and such nonsense:

You are heartfelt.

You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. And you are self-assured: you feel you have the ability to succeed in the tasks you set out to do.

You consider both independence and taking pleasure in life to guide a large part of what you do. You like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them. And you are highly motivated to enjoy life to its fullest.

Party on, dudes.

edit: MGS posts:

You are a bit compulsive and somewhat critical.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of belongingness.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

One more, with a lot more blog posts, seems to be more accurate as I agree with the points and the wheel infographic it gave:

You are shrewd.

You are calm under pressure: you handle unexpected events calmly and effectively. You are imaginative: you have a wild imagination. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

You consider both taking pleasure in life and independence to guide a large part of what you do. You are highly motivated to enjoy life to its fullest. And you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.

Gonna just go over Metal Gear Solid for now, because I was all over the place on that game, from out of it to super serious and aggressive to basically an amnesiac

Before I got serious (1464 words):
You are a bit inconsiderate, somewhat compulsive and excitable.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are compromising: you are comfortable using every trick in the book to get what you want.

Your choices are driven by a desire for prestige.

Fair judgement imo for early MGS

You know, looking back, I helped scum out too much by acting stupid. Think my suspicions would've been taken alot more seriously if I wasn't being an amnesiac on day three

Every post n mgs (5397 words)
You are a bit inconsiderate, somewhat critical and excitable.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of prestige.

And now without the first part (3933 words)
You are a bit inconsiderate, skeptical and guarded.

Experiences that give a sense of well-being hold some appeal to you.

Main difference seems to be that I go from more excitable, bandwagonny, jokey to serious and thinking

Although I guess it skipped over me basically being drunk for a part of day 3

guys, i made a thingy

hKiGuZp.jpg

grats palmer >:O

Fireblend

Banned
Super cool infographi, awesome job!! I got mentioned a couple times too! :D I should've read that part about Palmer before that last MGS day >_>

Sorian

Banned
guys, i made a thingy

grats palmer >:O

I'm confused, in the biggest loser's section it has me with 3 losses and then you say that from this list, only salvapot and L_P has tasted victory. Am I reading that wrong because I have 2 wins (NX and Gafia).

Edit: Oh, I see cabot said the same thing, nevermind :p

Good infographic though, I swear I don't post a lot guys >_>

Double edit: Oh man, why did you have to mention that I've never gotten a vanilla townie role? I was never going to make mention of it because now I'll be cursed to get that next :( Being vanilla is boring.

cabot

I'm surprised I'm in the top 5 highest post counts but not in the top 6 most prolific per day posts.

It's funny because when I lurked s2 and s1 I thought I'd struggle to make an impression

Sorian

Banned
Triple edit! (kind of)

Swamped and I are as unlucky as Tucah? lol

I've led a lynch against both Tucah and Swamped on day 1 of a game.

Karkador

Banned
that upward trend of people quitting the games.

I predict the entire cast of the Harry Potter game will suddenly disappear one day.

gryvan

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Any
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium
Timezone / location: EST (GMT -5)
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): New

Also I hope I'm not too late on the sign ups because i think i read it as Nov. 11 as tentative
I don't mind being put into waiting list
mafia has peaked my interest

Sorian

Banned
Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Any
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium
Timezone / location: EST (GMT -5)
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): New

Also I hope I'm not too late on the sign ups because i think i read it as Nov. 11 as tentative
I don't mind being put into waiting list
mafia has peaked my interest

Oh snap!

You're in my world now gryvan.

Sorian

Banned
You gonna start the Onuw action chain today or tomorrow Sorian?

I will be sending out the PMs tonight (might actually be very late night/early morning tomorrow) and you all will have all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday to get actions back to me. Discussion is from 5pm EST Wednesday to 5pm EST Thursday so I'm in no rush but I'm busy gaming most of tomorrow so I want to get those set up and sent out even if it is a bit early.

RetroMG

Announcing Day Seven WINNERS

2015 Best Roleclaim:
  • Winner: GAFIA ! Retro (4 votes)
  • Runner Up: Archer ! EzekelRAGE (2 votes)

I realized this morning that I never responded to this, but thanks, guys. I have a huge amount of respect for the real Blarg and his ability to turn a game on it's head, and getting to be him was really, really fun. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the antics, too. :)

Kalor

Thats a cool infograph yeeny. I didn't realize I've been in 5 proper games until I read that. My losses have been bumped up quite a bit by playing in Election and MGS.

I will be sending out the PMs tonight (might actually be very late night/early morning tomorrow) and you all will have all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday to get actions back to me. Discussion is from 5pm EST Wednesday to 5pm EST Thursday so I'm in no rush but I'm busy gaming most of tomorrow so I want to get those set up and sent out even if it is a bit early.

Good good good. Super excited.

RetroMG

60/75 players now have accounts at Outer Gafia. Fills me with Determination.

So nobody that played in MGS will ever trust me again, right?

I didn't play with you in MGS, and I still don't trust you.

;)

Also, if you are not playing in Season 4 and want access to the spectator thread when it goes up, please PM me.

Top Bottom