• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

Justin

Kind of want to play mono-white Sunmare now after rotation to fight Ramunap Red.

Toss in some blue...

en_uRA1svXM1W.png

plus

en_qpIAlH6Emx.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sunmare is a bad card because horses should have trample.

Justin

Did you see Saffrononlive's Arcane Adaptation deck playing Unesh and making all your creatures sphinxes? Almost all his creatures were 2 mana artifact creatures (metallic mimmic) so they would be played for free and trigger the mini fact or fiction each time. With good draws you could potential empty almost all the creatures in your deck on one turn.

Ashodin

Sounds like SaffronOlive. He probably went EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and made crazy noises and pronunciations during the videos too.

Ashodin

I'm still sold on Vampire Tokens, I just need to see more. That 2BB drain guy is awesome, I've had 10+ tokens in one game before

Though Lightning Strike and Pirate Cutlass is making me want to still stay RW with my bae Huatli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope somehow Vampirates is a deck.

So I can say "Vampirates."

Angry Grimace

I assume it's safe for me to board out Jace Beleren in Caw Blade given the rule that caused Jace Beleren to be there doesn't exist anymore...

It seems like Day of Judgment would be a lot more impactful.

Angry Grimace

Well, I finally ran out of play points. I ended up doing okay with Valakut and various Jace decks, but I got mono-red a couple of times and tanked to zero wins with that deck, which feels incredibly weak in a format with decks playing Kor Firewalker to just negate the deck from doing anything relevant - its got literally no card draw of any kind so if they stablize in any way you just lose.

Violet_0

Banned
ah jeeze those parallax enchantments must be annoying as hell with proliferate

a bit too temporary for my taste, may be useful in 1v1 EDH (who even plays that)
I prefer definite removals that don't give your opponents all their cards back from a random permanent removal in multiplayer games

Supast4r

Hey, there is the rare vehicle for the guy complaining there would be no rare ones last week!

I have no idea how to evaluate the card at all LOL. I -think- it's good?

It's a gamebreaking "I win" in a control mirror, it just seems nigh-impossible to flip short of us getitng a tournament quality Gideon again

Gideon of the trails turns into a 4/4 and curves into this............

Supast4r

Yes, I can expect that. I feel like other sets had more cards that saw and continue to see play. Look at something like Khans as a set and the cards it provided a number of decks in Modern.

- Swiftspear, Deflecting Palm, Stubborn Denial, Siege Rhino, Become Immense, Anafenza, the Foremost, Murderous Cut, Treasure Cruise (banned), Dig Through Time (banned)

That's a bunch of cards still played to some degree today besides the two that were so powerful they had to be banned. This list isn't even counting the fact that it brought the Onslaught fetches into the format. It was a very impactful set.

Shadows Over Innistrad is also proving to be pretty impactful so far as well.

- Nahiri, Anguished Unmaking, Thing in the Ice, Prized Amalgam, Traverse the Uvenwald, Tireless Tracker, Insolent Neonate, Archangel Avacyn

Then I look at something like Amonkhet and I'm like meh.

- Rhonas, Gideon, Cast Out, Archfiend of Ifnir, Curator of Mysteries, Vizer of Remedies, Desert Cerodon, Horror of the Broken Lands

Numerically it's basically equal, but it's just not impressive because 5 of the 8 are in one low tier deck.
I would add Hazoret to that list. It's slowly starting to see play in modern.

Angry Grimace

It draws 7 which is the perfect number for Approach of the second sun decks. I can see them replacing one of their approaches for this card.
It's still dramatically worse than Pull though?

Supast4r

Surprising to me with Path and Dismember floating around but I guess it dodges a lot of other removal

it dodges literally everything else and the added reach is nice. I'm called it being good enough for modern because getting near hellbent in modern is extremely easy to do.

OnPoint

it dodges literally everything else and the added reach is nice. I'm called it being good enough for modern because getting near hellbent in modern is extremely easy to do.
Yeah I think I may have also suggested it might see play in modern at reveal lol

y2dvd

The great thing about the Scarab God is I went 1-2 in draft this past Sunday and the 1 pack prize I had was a pw Samut and a foil Scarab God lol. I'm sure it being an EDH commander staple has been keeping it's price high also.

Crocodile

1504687468-3321-photo.png

"Dusk Carried Walker?" (not sure on this, probably uses some plane specific group name)

W

Creature - Vampire Cleric

Flying

W, Tap: Target attacking Vampire gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

The hour of dusk is near

Source

Top Bottom