• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

Santiako

lFJ1Mio.png

This seems really good. Really good.

They are reprinting gaia's cradle (kind of. 3 mana. Creature won't be a big problem for the deck that wants it.)?! What on earth?

Also, the "tapping" looks horrible.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The...graphics of this UI need work, but a lot of the actual layout and flow decisions seem smart? Like the way Jace's abilities pop up like two mini cards to pick from

The...graphics of this UI need work, but a lot of the actual layout and flow decisions seem smart? Like the way Jace's abilities pop up like two mini cards to pick from

I fully agree. There are some pretty brilliant visualization ideas in there. But I really would like to know how they handle priority... Are they both just on auto-pass right now? Because I don't see any time window to react to anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So

Fucking

Dumb.

Pour all this money into Arena, and then split your userbase? Do they really think pros are going to EVER stream Arena?
there isn't as much overlap between the two as you might imagine.

Lots of people played Duels but had 0 cards.

Yeah, you have to pass priority with a "Resolve" button if you have an instant or ability, there is also a prompt to advance past your upkeep. I wonder if there will be an option for bluffing.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Ah. Gaby just entered something called "Full Control Mode," which allows her to go through her turn/priority one step at a time.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Basic lands look a lot like non-land cards because of the coloured borders. I'm surprised they didn't do more to differentiate them visually when they're in your hand.

Flavorful custom animations (like this pirate flag animation for pirates) are pretty dope. I really like how the cards are handled, prioritizing the art and vital attributes with the full text easily available is a good thing to steal from Qwent and other CCGs.

Ashodin

Flavorful custom animations (like this pirate flag animation for pirates) are pretty dope. I really like how the cards are handled, prioritizing the art and vital attributes with the full text easily available is a good thing to steal from Qwent and other CCGs.

I'm excited for Boros Legion

Ri'Orius

So, one of my biggest annoyances in Hearthstone is the fixed hand ordering, and it looks like they're doing it in Arena, too. It's just the sort of mechanic that can give a player a tiny advantage for having a good memory and bothering to keep track of it, which drives me nuts.

Fou-Lu

Looks pretty good to me so far. Much better than Duels or MTGO at least. Probably will be my prefered way to play MTG until I move back closer to my friends.

Top Bottom