• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198296537]Just in case anybody felt like trolling their Modern FNM, here's aurAzorius:
[/QUOTE]

You'll always be a Bogles player at heart.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198296657]The pun doesn't sound right.

Honestly though, I don't like the land sequencing in 3 color bogles. I'd rather be 2 or 5 colors for the mana with Daybreak being the best card in your </=20 land deck.[/QUOTE]

but looking at the 'andbase couldn't you switch it around reduce blue touch up green a little put in 2 temple gardens and barely get hurt?

AWuGra, AUbRAnt

Found in Penny Arcade's Magic thread.
ReflectorMagevsUlamog.jpg

That reminds me, I should pick up GoST sometime soon. I've got like half of the base for Bant CoCo, so it's probably going to be my next Modern pickup project. I'd need the Streams, Visions, KotR, and the GoSTs. Thank God I got 4 VoR for $25 each right before the spike.

Can't wait for that fetch trash to get out and stop inflating Standard prices.
haha, I understand. Just really liked kahns block to oath. Started playimg at m15 and learned a lot about the game, value of land / mana bases, deck filtering etc. has a special place in my heart and rhinos / fetches helped me hang with my looooong time playing buddies, being the noob of the group.

Still waiting for the card reveal for the superior discard art:
That art is kick-ass. There's some cool art to tie to cards&#8211; love these dark vicious angles.
c4rd4r7_ofc6hlDKZb.jpg

c4rd4r7_MkPi3K9BtS.jpg

I can't wait for spoilers this week.

So, if the pre-release is the weekend of April 2nd, does that mean we get all cards spoiled between now and March 25th? It seems like a lot of cards to show in 2 weeks.

That art is kick-ass. There's some cool art to tie to cards– love these dark vicious angles.
c4rd4r7_ofc6hlDKZb.jpg

c4rd4r7_MkPi3K9BtS.jpg

I can't wait for spoilers this week.

So, if the pre-release is the weekend of April 2nd, does that mean we get all cards spoiled between now and March 25th? It seems like a lot of cards to show in 2 weeks.

Wizards usually shows off all the rares/Mythics, and a few uncommons judging by the last cycle, it's usually about 5 cards a day over 14ish Days. On the last day Wizards updates the Card Gallery to have all the new cards including those not spoiled.

Wizards usually shows off all the rares/Mythics, and a few uncommons judging by the last cycle, it's usually about 5 cards a day over 14ish Days. On the last day Wizards updates the Card Gallery to have all the new cards including those not spoiled.
Nice, so all the exciting stuff up front, and then a big dump of the commons at the end.

Wichu said:
But none of them are drawn by Raymond Swanland ;)
I did a quick search on gatherer and don't see any angels by him, dark or otherwise, but he does have some pretty sweet classics...
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

And a really neat card from an art / flavor perspective:
Image.ashx

ironmang

Went 4-4 drop in team sealed yesterday but I'm about to top 8 the 9 round super sunday series unless something catastropic happens. I'll upload a picture of my pool later. Definitely thought it was good but not this good.

Pics were quickly taken, sorry in advance. :p

Ended up 8-1 and first seed into top 8 with this:

(seer's lantern behind unnatural aggression)

Almost always sided out Roiling Waters since I really didn't need that much late game help. Either a 2nd Tajuri Pathwarden or a Sweep Away came in every time except one match. Only match I lost was against a UB deck that played 5 rares that I could see, 2 of which being foil which is crazy for 6 pack sealed. They were Oblivion Sower, Thought-Knot Seer, Ugin's Insight, Drana's Chosen, and Bearer of Silence. He cast Ugin's Insight for a 4+ scry in all 3 games and I still almost got there.

Last round I should have been able to draw in and my opponent was very safe being 7-0-1 but he wanted to play for seeding. Ended up crushing him G1 and winning a very close G2 despite my dumbest play of the tournament, attacking a 4/4 Baloth into his coil'd Maw that I forgot about which almost cost me the game (we were racing).

Top 8 draft pool:

(stasis snare behind shoulder to shoulder)

G1 I mulled a 1 lander into a 2 lander with 2 envoys, a shoulder to shoulder, and a demon's grasp and missed the 3rd land drop for 3 turns before conceding to 9 damage on board while at 14 so I didn't have to discard to hand size. G2 I kept a 5 lander which I hate to see more than any other hand since it's almost always a keep yet makes you an underdog from the start. Ended up barely staying in it while flooding out until he finally went wide enough for exact lethal.

Disappointing to end a great swiss and a pretty good draft with a couple games that were pretty one sided simply due to mana. Did get 5 boxes though as did everybody else in Top 8 except the guy who wins. That guy gets the trip to seattle.

TheYanger

Man...I don't play magic anymore, haven't for YEARS, but I still like to look at the cards and read the articles on the site. I love Maro's podcasts too just as a game theory/design enthusiast.

But now I've got it on the brain randomly, so I remembered my Mom wanted me to help sell her cards years ago, and I'm now going through the unenviable task of sorting/checking for what is worth selling...

This shit is simultaneously exciting and soul crushing. So much chaff to filter through, but then you find gems like a play set of Tundras in a random deck that are all in nice condition and it makes it worth it.

Mostly it's amusing to me what is so valuable now compared to when I was a kid. like, good lord the investments I could've made 20 years ago.

Now to find all of my old stuff, I know I've got a deck with 4 force of wills in it somewhere :(

EDIT: Ok, yeah done for now, still have a TON of boxes and bidners to look through, and a giant stack of everything I found that was better than 2-3 bucks/worth selling as a single. I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised when she gets her money hah

OnPoint

EDIT: Ok, yeah done for now, still have a TON of boxes and bidners to look through, and a giant stack of everything I found that was better than 2-3 bucks/worth selling as a single. I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised when she gets her money hah

I'll give you $100 straight up for what's in that picture ;)

It always makes me happy when people find their old collection and they learn that some weird stuff is now worth money and what used to be is pretty much worthless now. Such a weird path these old cards have taken.

OnPoint

I sold everything I had to a friend of mine for $100 when I stopped playing back in 2003.

Not a great decision.

Yeesh. I almost sold my cards in like 2009 when I saw some of the stuff was worth a couple of bucks. So glad I didn't given where things went over the next few years.

Pilgrimzero

Just getting back into MtG and I have a question.

The diamond colorless mana symbol I noticed some cards have it and like a circled 2 which seems me to mean 1 diamond colorless mana plus 2 of any other. Is that right?

Anyways cool Thread. I like using a black deck and this next set which will be my first actual set release since getting back to Magic and the info here makes me more excited.

EYEL1NER

Tabletop games have gone in OT since time immemorial.
The X-Wing Miniatures OT has been in gaming side and gaming side community since its inception though, for whatever reason. When it first popped up, I assumed that the OP either accidentally posted it in the wrong place or was intentionally trying to make a statement about "Gaming Side" and what games should be in it, and that it would be moved quickly, but it never was. I've always found that weird.

Just getting back into MtG and I have a question.

The diamond colorless mana symbol I noticed some cards have it and like a circled 2 which seems me to mean 1 diamond colorless mana plus 2 of any other. Is that right?

Yes. Colorless mana (the diamonds) only can be paid for with colorless mana. Generic mana (the gray circle with the number) can be paid with colorless mana or mana of any color.

Yeesh. I almost sold my cards in like 2009 when I saw some of the stuff was worth a couple of bucks. So glad I didn't given where things went over the next few years.

Most of it was 6th-8th Edition and MM/IN/OD blocks, which aren't worth a ton these days. However, my LGS had a ton of Portal Three Kingdoms in its dump bin for some reason and I had grabbed up a lot of them. I probably had most of the set, I know I had a full playset of Ravages of War because I used them in this stupid land destruction deck alongside Desolation Angel.

y2dvd

Man...I don't play magic anymore, haven't for YEARS, but I still like to look at the cards and read the articles on the site. I love Maro's podcasts too just as a game theory/design enthusiast.

But now I've got it on the brain randomly, so I remembered my Mom wanted me to help sell her cards years ago, and I'm now going through the unenviable task of sorting/checking for what is worth selling...

This shit is simultaneously exciting and soul crushing. So much chaff to filter through, but then you find gems like a play set of Tundras in a random deck that are all in nice condition and it makes it worth it.

Mostly it's amusing to me what is so valuable now compared to when I was a kid. like, good lord the investments I could've made 20 years ago.

Now to find all of my old stuff, I know I've got a deck with 4 force of wills in it somewhere :(

Yall gonna make bank if yall could sell just those cards alone lol.

traveler

Not Wario
God, they really need to take a cue from the souls games or something similar with their storytelling. That flavor text, name, and art is just so painfully on the nose.

That said, man, that is a good card, especially with the dark dwellers around.

Yeef

Vindicate can also hit lands.

I'm guessing, when all is said and done, Sigarada will take Avacyn's place as the main protector of Innistrad's humans.

OnPoint

The 3 life part is a big tradeoff- it's less vindicate and more the P-Mana Utter end.

Yeah, it's like a weird middle ground between them.

Compare to Vindicate:
  • Pros: Instant speed, exiles target
  • Cons: Lose 3 life, can't hit lands

Compare to Utter End:
  • Pros: Costs one less
  • Cons: Lose 3 life

I dunno, seems pretty powerful to me.

DrArchon

Instant speed vindicate is dirty, and the 3 life seems like a really solid trade off.

Also, exiling should be really nice. We all know that this set is gonna give us some kind of disgusting reanimation spell, so not having to worry about that is a nice plus.

Art is on-point, FT is not. Keep it subtle WotC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom