• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mail Delivery Shenanigans

Krathoon

I am sure we all have used mail delivery to get our gaming stuff.

Sometimes, the mail gets weird.

USPS is being weird.
I have a package delivery to me that went from St. Louis to Kansas City and, hopefully, back again.
St. Louis was an hour drive from where I am at.
What the hell.

Also, I diverted a delivery during Christmas vacation to the FedEx dropoff at the nearby Walgreens.
FedEx still tried to deliver it to my house and I was not home and demanded a signature.
Then they told me I had to make an hour drive to pick it up.
After, that they sent it to me anyway when I was at home.

Post the crazy stuff that you have ran into with the mail.

ParaSeoul

newman driving GIF by HULU

Not really that crazy. They have packages flying down belts with people looking at labels and pulling packages to sort on the right belt leading to a trailer, with different ones going to different cities. I don't think it's uncommon that people make mistakes and miss packages, especially on fast conveyor belts.

As for the Fedex delivery, it's possible that they couldn't find your package to change the address on. Then the delivery guy goes out the next day to deliver with your address on the box, couldn't get a signature, brought it back, then the package was scanned to put a sticker to go to the pickup place. Then once you called to complain, the package scanned to remove the sticker at the pickup place. So they tried at your house again as it was the original address

Last edited:
Welcome to logistics... I work at Amazon and our drivers deliver packages in an area that is over an hour away from our station and that area has Amazon station that's 10 km/miles away. If you ask, they give you strange answers that don't make sense.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Now, my package departed the Kansas City facility and arrived at it again.

It is supposed to be delivered today somehow. So, somehow it has to get all the way across the state back to St. Louis.

Krathoon

I think the eBay site is wrong. It was actually in St. Louis at 2:52am and heading to me.
That is what it says on the tracking on the actual USPS site.

I find that is something you have to do sometimes. Go straight to the source.

Last edited:
Valve would not let me redirect my Fedex Steamdeck delivery to a pickup point. The deck sat on my porch all day with a known shape box with Steamdeck and Valve printed right on the Box.
I am supremely surprised it wasn't stolen.

I've waited over a month for a collectible I ordered to arrive standard USPS from Texas to Ohio. I contacted the seller a week ago and they sent out another......still waiting for it to arrive. I've basically decided after this experience and a few others, I'm not buying from any seller who uses standard USPS.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I got all the bonus goodies for kickstarting The Wonderful 101 for the Switch, but the actual game went to my previous address. Fuggers.

Picked it up used at a Gamestop for 4.99 eventually.

Krathoon

Amazon delivered a monitor to me way too early and I was not there to pick it up. The monitor sat in it's box that said it was a monitor at my door for a half a day.

You have to watch out with Amazon because they will deliver stuff way too early.

Krathoon

It is 10:27am. Surely my package has not been in the St. Louis distribution center since 2:52am.
I think they forgot to send an update.

Krathoon

My package was finally delivered today. So, I got a MiSTer now. I have been setting it up throughout the day.

Top Bottom