• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson Yahoo Chat PR Copy/Paste Extravaganza! [decline, deny, dodge, done.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Oh my god. This is why I don't need to watch ordinary TV (except documents) anymore!
I am laughing infinitely on the cloud on my 1080p fov.
This is something TV can't provide. Realtime even.

ed: ^ everybody knows that, man.

I don't really follow Major Nelson.

Does he actually have a personality of his own? Because he is coming across as a copy-and-paste corporate tool. How the hell does he have any form of following or popularity when - based on this chat alone - he is clearly one of the worst examples of a spineless PR mouthpiece?

JABEE

That internet connection question was also copy and pasted. That is the actual copy they used to answer that question in their Q&A.

Thorgal

What feedback have you received from devs about the console?

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):
They are very excited for Xbox One and the power of Xbox LIVE that will power it…as well as the unique aspects of Kinect and SmartGlass they can tap into

nbthedude

MORE HILARITY!

http://www.gamesradar.com/indies-may-not-be-able-self-publish-xbox-one/

"Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, business model, etc. to take advantage of unique capabilities to build amazing experiences that push the limits of technology,"

And today:

"We're working on a plan for Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, biz model, etc. to be a part of the future of Xbox One."

Failed copy/paste with the hilarious sentence structure!

Man, I want a job as a PR person. I am a master at Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Please give me money.

MORE HILARITY!

http://www.gamesradar.com/indies-may-not-be-able-self-publish-xbox-one/

"Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, business model, etc. to take advantage of unique capabilities to build amazing experiences that push the limits of technology,"

And today:

"We're working on a plan for Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, biz model, etc. to be a part of the future of Xbox One."

Failed copy/paste with the hilarious sentence structure!

dat dude is ON POINT with his PR sheet!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): They are very excited for Xbox One and the power of Xbox LIVE that will power it…as well as the unique aspects of Kinect and SmartGlass they can tap into

You forgot TELEVISION Nelson!!!

EDIT: Oh god, these new questions.

dc89

Yk0TVmQ.png

Can't even answer that in a interesting manner.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This thread is going places. Also, are we sure it's not a random PR person or bot? Lol.

" They are very excited for Xbox One and the power of Xbox LIVE that will power it…as well as the unique aspects of Kinect and SmartGlass they can tap into"

It's going.... GOING.... IT'S GONE!

waypoetic

Banned
"They are very excited for Xbox One and the power of Xbox LIVE that will power it…as well as the unique aspects of Kinect and SmartGlass they can tap into"

Not according to my twitter feed Larry, it's the exact opposite.

Embarrassing.

Compare the two:

Sony have Cerny who came out and did a full tech breakdown.
Sony have Shu Yoshida who gave multiple interviews and candid responses.

Microsoft have Major Nelson who is copying and pasting PR statements from a website.

They've had longer to plan their strategy and they are still coming across as a faceless monolithic entity that doesn't listen to fans.

B.O.O.M

" They are very excited for Xbox One and the power of Xbox LIVE that will power it…as well as the unique aspects of Kinect and SmartGlass they can tap into"

-_-

4:23 Comment From blame space: Which areas of the Xbox One will you be focusing on at your E3 presentation?

4:24 Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): Games. Games. GAMES :)

Will they be presented by DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS?

Salaadin

I don't really follow Major Nelson.

Does he actually have a personality of his own? Because he is coming across as a copy-and-paste corporate tool. How the Hell does he have any form of following or popularity when - based on this chat alone - he is this clearly one of the worst examples of a spineless PR mouthpiece?

I really like the guy. Hes probably my favorite MS guy right now.
This is just...not him. I think hes been handed the PR reigns after Harrisons fuckup yesterday. They know Hyrb is likable so now hes doing the cleanup.

jmdajr

Kinect maybe, but really ? Smartglass?

I asked if it copy and paste capabilities.

edit: It's all good guys. You will be happy AFTER E3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Embarrassing.

Compare the two:

Sony have Cerny who came out and did a full tech breakdown.
Sony have Shu Yoshida who gave multiple interviews and candid responses.

Microsoft have Major Nelson who is copying and pasting PR statements from a website.

They've had longer to plan their strategy and they are still coming across as a faceless monolithic entity that doesn't listen to fans.

Psh. Whatever. Sony's reveal didn't prove they can design an ugly uninspired monolith of a console, AND they never even tried to mention how many transistors there are in the PS4. I bet it's not even a billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom