• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask teased in new official Nintendo artwork

jwhit28

Aw man why you gotta hurt ma feeling like that? ;_;

Nah it's okay.

Pfftwhahaha! Link Between World was practically a Link to the Past remake.

I would rather if they don't repeat Link Between Worlds, it's my least favourite Zelda game.

I mean take Majora's Mask and remix it up into a new but very familiar experience. Maybe even tell the story of the mask origin.

MM remake will happen eventually.

People were disappointed after ALBW that there wasn't a more overt indication. But Majora's Mask was on the wall and you could make it look like it was on your face. Which seemed like a clear indication to me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's not actually that common to wear masks, although many do wear yukatas. If they're going to feature Link wearing a mask, his yellow fox mask would make more sense considering the style is a comparatively common sight at Japanese festivals.

This is most definitely a tease.

Have you guys never heard of a homage before? cant nintendo just a lil fun thing with zelda with the majoras mask which is a zelda item in something a mask would be worn in?

GovtPlates

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Ninty's saving MM for the next handheld, given how OOT3D/WWHD were both released within the first year on their respective systems. Didn't those two sell really well and boost hardware sales too?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm torn. I really want MM3D. But at the same time I'd really love an original portable not top down Zelda .

ramparter

Banned
There are plenty of reasons why they'll do a 3DS version. For starters it's much cheaper and easier, an HD remake would be a lot of work and could gel badly with the game's art style. A OoT3D style remake has a lot less variables, it's easier to make a game that's faithful to the original, but include plenty of advantages to make it worthwhile, the portability alone is a big selling factor.
I think we are seeing the last of 3ds support from Nintendo. I strongly believe that the moment they decided to develop ALBW, MM remake was pushed to the next platform.

Kouriozan

I wouldn't be surprised if Ninty's saving MM for the next handheld, given how OOT3D/WWHD were both released within the first year on their respective systems. Didn't those two sell really well and boost hardware sales too?

Hey, I'd like it as well because it mean it will be instantly playable on their next home console.

it really doesn't take much to warrant a thread when it comes to nintendo games does it

there's like no point in continuing to tease this game anyway lol we all know its coming

random25

I think we are seeing the last of 3ds support from Nintendo. I strongly believe that the moment they decided to develop ALBW, MM remake was pushed to the next platform.

They mentioned that they are also working on a new Zelda 3DS game during E3. While it may be not the Majora's Mask, I'm sure that they are still prolonging the life of 3DS. As such, it also increases the chance of MM remake still being on 3DS if they are planning a remake.

khaaan

A co-worker gave me a moon cake today so I guess you can say it's pretty much confirmed that the MM remake is coming.

I'd really like to see a MM remake but I actually think that at this point my hype for it has kind of died down compared to if they would have announced it before. I definitely would buy it but anything that could count as teasing doesn't get much of a reaction out of me anymore. I'm at a point where they'll actually have to announce it before I can start getting excited.

It's not actually that common to wear masks, although many do wear yukatas. If they're going to feature Link wearing a mask, his yellow fox mask would make more sense considering the style is a comparatively common sight at Japanese festivals.

This is most definitely a tease.
Have you watched any slice of life anime? Because it's a pretty common fucking thing for one or many characters to get a mask and wear it in this fashion during a festival. Majora's Mask is iconic, saying the Pikachu mask Should've been it is meaningless because Majora's Mask is a million times more recognizable and famous and won't cause confusion of properties.

Jesus christ people you're reaching so much you're practically flying. Link is wearing a mask and usually girls use one in these festivals, therefore link is a girl.

3bdelilah

Banned
That sounds like a bad fanfiction, no offense.

I dont think this means anything, but nice artwork.

In what way was that bad fan fiction? He only says Majora might have found away of returning, and why can't that happen? Mr-Joker was being pretty conservative is you ask me, it's not like there never has been Zelda villains who've returned to cause more mayhem.

This is definitely a tease, no doubt about that. But most likely (read: definitely) just for the MM 3D remake.

Neper

Neo Member
I guess it will eventually come out for the 3DS since the original used the same engine as Ocarina and Grezzo already has that remastered for OoT3D, but it would be awesome to get this for the Wii U.

A man can dream...

Porcile

I reckon the next 3DS game is actually going to be a Majora's sequel as opposed to a remake, and all this teasing is just a bit of a bait and switch.

I reckon the next 3DS game is actually going to be a Majora's sequel as opposed to a remake, and all this teasing is just a bit of a bait and switch.
That's what I'm hoping for. Sorta like how ALBW was, give me a Majora's Mask-style Zelda game that's a brand new adventure, but set in an updated Termina. I mean, I will gladly accept a remake, but I'm hopeful for something more.

GYODX

I would love to see a Majora's Mask remake, but I'm not at all confident about it. Regardless, that's some really nice artwork.

Kinsei

Banned
You mean...OoT3?

I've been waiting 14 years for another Zelda game with the Hero of Time traveling a new world with a new plot and game mechanic.

It hasn't happened yet. :|

If there is an OoT 3, it will be super weird to play as a Link who has a child. I will admit that the meltdowns if his wife isn't Malon would be amazing.

I've been waiting 14 years for another Zelda game with the Hero of Time traveling a new world with a new plot, new cast and new game mechanic.
As well as a world that doesn't feel static, and actually feels alive. I mean, I hope Zelda Wii U can achieve that, but if not...yes, give me more Majora's Mask!!

zeldablue

If there is an OoT 3, it will be super weird to play as a Link who has a child. I will admit that the meltdowns if his wife isn't Malon would be amazing.

Oh god,

I don't think we'll ever see an older Link. Even teen/adult Link tends to kill the mood and freedom the series has when they use kid Link.

Could Adult Link do a sensual interpretive dance and get away with it? :p

I'd like a proper ending to the Hero of Time. I just think after all the shit he's been through, turning him into a Stalfos seems like a really awful ending to his legacy.

Tookay

I'd like a proper ending to the Hero of Time. I just think after all the shit he's been through, turning him into a Stalfos seems like a really awful ending to his legacy.

I don't think he really turned into a Stalfos.

It's just that he shares certain design sensibilities with them; just in the way that the Great Fairy Child in TWW and Fi in SS look alike but aren't in any way related.

The Hero's Shade is more of a spirit than a monster (after all, his real-world appearance is a golden wolf... it's only the dream sequences where he has that Stalfos-like form).

Top Bottom