• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man arrested for having Idolmaster credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt get in trouble when i used this in the states! :D
card2.jpg

What the hell?

Do you have to play Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, to not be considered "weird" in America?
You basically have to go by "what ever is the relevant status quo" to not be considered weird in America. Anything "different" or going against the grain or popular trend is considered "weird".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to check if I can customise my credit card.

Thing is I use it for online shopping so no one would see it anywho.

I presumed everywhere used chip and pin now. Bizarre.

No doubt it was but to fucking sue? Jesus have a bit of fucking balls and admit there was a mistake and move on. You don't have to sue for every fucking mistake someone makes. He'll have been embarrassed no doubt but to take legal action is laughable over this.

Many places do have them, most people just continue to use swipe method though.

Oh good lord, is this going to become another thread where we endlessly debate whether Moe and cutesy Japanese anime characters are an embarrassing motif for adults to be seen sporting outside Japan, while totally ignoring that different cultures can have literally antithetical ideals about what constitutes appropriateness and that's totally fine?

Odd that the bank would offer the guy a free meal when it's not their fault, but I suppose they wanted to have something nice come out of the guy's day if the store/police didn't do anything to compensate him. Out of curiosity, did they own up?

A lot of people don't know this but being a weirdo is still illegal in the US

It is? :eek: Whew, dodged a bullet there.
<-- Canadian

I turned up my speakers almost to full blast at the beginning, expecting some kind of sound before she started. My poor ears.

Uh... actually, I wonder if that is an appropriate use of the word. A Japanese man in America, referring to an American. Hm...

I've heard Japanese people still use gaijin, even when traveling abroad in other countries.

Just don't go to America. You ain't missing much.

America's gone through great strides to achieve a certain amount of freedom and liberty(break down big walls and sort), but it can most DEFINITELY work on the little things. Sometimes with all we've achieved, things people do and issues raised as of recent, I still think we have a LONG, LOOOOONG way to go. We aren't out of the woods, nor are the pinnacle of freedom, even though some overly patriotic folk might paint use out to be that way. Step by step, gotta break down those walls of indifference, slay those dragons. Progression, baby. Everybody's gotta be in step or we all fall back!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I re-read the last paragraph. Please don't assume the rest of the world shares the same thought processes as America. Actually, I probably should say, for balance, that it is also unfair to assume all of America shares the same thought process as one vendor and a few police in one state.

what BGBW said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom